SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Imitating Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Imitating Christ

i want to be like jesus and talk like Jesus and walk like Jesus, I want to suffer where he suffered?

Does anyone know where the verse is imitate me as I imitate christ!!

I am a mess at the moment I find it hard praying but in my heart I just want to be like jesus. Because with out him I can do nothing!!

I want to be pure

I want to know him and the fellowship of his suffering and his resserection

Delight yourself in the lord

I have been seeing how much I fall short in delighting in God , delight your self in the lord and he will give you the desires of your heart!!

I just like delighting in Jesus !!! I need to read my bible more, I need to stay pure!!

Has anyone heard of Sahdu Singh he was born and grew up in a Hindu family, when the missionaries came to his home town, he ended up burning a bible right in front of the missionaries, one night he was looking for god and jesus shows up!!

I also remember the story of his one someone stole his blanket and he turned round and convited the robber and he came to christ!!

I have been working on a building site moving blocks from one place to another, I wonder how many people move blocks for christ!! There are probably alot in china!! I just want every small thing I do , to be unto the lord even thou I do not do it and to obey him!!

I need jesus and a clean mind and heart!! to obey him!!

J R miller once said that if you want to know a christian you follow him around and you see the marks , the hospitals and the plcaes that he has blessed in his past!!
I think it is he saw a camel past a tent , he could see the foorprints left outside and he thought about it and made it a comparison to our lives.

C S lewis says the heathen is going to turn round and regret every moment of his life but the christian is foing to look back and see where he has walked where christ has walked (this is a paraphrase, as the other quotes)

I just want all my memories and experiences

Re 1:5 - Show Contextand from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Re 7:14 - Show ContextAnd I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

I want my memories and my dreams to be washed and cleasned in the blood of the lamb

Re 5:6 - Show ContextAnd I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Re 5:8 - Show ContextNow when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Re 5:12 - Show Contextsaying with a loud voice: "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain To receive power and riches and wisdom, And strength and honor and glory and blessing!"

Re 5:13 - Show ContextAnd every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: "Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!"

Re 6:1 - Show ContextNow I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals;* and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, "Come and see."

Re 6:16 - Show Contextand said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

Re 7:9 - Show ContextAfter these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

Re 7:10 - Show Contextand crying out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"

Re 7:14 - Show ContextAnd I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Re 7:17 - Show Contextfor the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Re 12:11 - Show ContextAnd they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Re 13:8 - Show ContextAll who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Re 13:11 - Show ContextThen I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.

Re 14:1 - Show ContextThen I looked, and behold, a* Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having+ His Father's name written on their foreheads.

Re 14:4 - Show ContextThese are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.

Re 14:10 - Show Contexthe himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Re 15:3 - Show ContextThey sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying: "Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints!

Re 17:14 - Show ContextThese will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful."

Re 19:7 - Show ContextLet us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready."

Re 19:9 - Show ContextThen he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!' " And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God."

and to be in the presence of the lamb!! I need to be washed I keep getting attacked at night and want to be on fire for the lord and love the lord so much!!!

http://www.jr-miller.com/
http://www.ccel.org/s/singh/
http://www.sadhusundarsingh.homestead.com/files/introduction.html

2005/7/6 17:21Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Imitating Christ

Quote:

Is this the verse you're thinking of?

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

In Christ,

Ron

2005/7/6 17:34Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

sir,
i man once taught me that the closer we get to christ the more we become dissatisfied with ourselves its kind of looking at our face in a mirror in a room with a bright light, the closer we look the more of the defects we see in ourselves. if you need to read your bilble more -do it the same with prayer and witnessing dont wait till you feel like it just do it love andy

2005/7/6 18:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Mat 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

You are on the right track brother, your hunger, your desire, the things that the Lord promised in the beatitudes are there. Prayer. A thought on this, check out some of the great works like E.M. Bounds or even this little gem, that I heard Leonard Ravenhill mention:

[url=http://www.fivesolas.com/hidden1.htm]The Hidden Life of Prayer[/url] [i]by David MacIntyre[/i]

Prayer is very much often us listening to the Lord as well...

Quote:

Here you go:
[url=http://www.rbc.org/ds/q0710/point4.html]http://www.rbc.org/ds/q0710/point4.html[/url]

The Lord knows your heart brother, don't be surprised by the attacks either, if you weren't making any head way, there wouldn't be much bother. My prayers are with you Dominic, that the Lord would reveal Himself to you in all that you do, grant you discernment and understanding and the peace that passes all. You are encouragement brother!

2005/7/6 23:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy