SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Prodigal Greg!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Prodigal Greg!

Well it all started yesterday!

Paul (DezCall) was coming to my place, where he stayed so we could go early in the morning to Schiphol!

so we had to get up at 5 am :-? so we would be there before 8 am, because we had to find some flight information, and check if it was possible for us to meet Greg, Yolanda and Kelly.

at 8 am the alarm of my phone when off (i was scared stiff, or however you want to express it), with the note that i should give the greeting to Greg from Kire (Tears_of_joy)

so we sat down, waited for about one hour, and at 9:10 the plane landed.

so we went to the information desk to call for Greg, Yolanda and Kelly through the intercom, which they did very soon.

so they did that, and Paul awaited them there, and i in front of the departures.

so we waited and waited and waited and hé Greg this post is for you, for a moment i thought you were a prodigal son man:-P and we were awaiting you, i waited and every time a door opened up, but no Greg or Yolanda or Kelly, again doors opened "nope", again "nope".....and this went on for quite a long time, till it was 11 am, and the plane he had to take was taking off.

and while waiting hope slowely vanished...i have seen so many people comeing out, that the thoughts of it almost hunt me down :-P [laughs]

so it was all in vain :cry: for the first time Greg was in Holland, but wasn't allowed to meet us, too bad!

but Greg, Yolanda and Kelly, i hope you had all a good flight!

Paul will report part two of this "great" day [laughs]

be very blessed Greg, Yolanda and Kelly! :-)

William

2005/7/6 14:11Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: Prodigal Greg!

Quote:
...but wasn't allowed to meet us,

I was hoping to hear you were allowed to meet them William. You would have known Greg when he came through the door because he is like 6' 6" tall. ;-) I have not met Yolanda or Kelly, but hope to meet them in late August. Not sure when they will all be back to the US.

2005/7/6 14:58Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
I was hoping to hear you were allowed to meet them William

yea i was so looking forward to this, but yea we've done all we can, but maybe next time! (when i or Paul are coming to The States, because i really like to go there one day, and travel maybe there around)...and sorry to disappoint you bro!

Quote:
he came through the door because he is like 6' 6" tall

haha yea i saw a picture of him, and i thought "well can't miss him" :-P

the plane they took was to New York and from there to California, so quite a journey

2005/7/6 15:29Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

2 bad you couldn't meet Greg and the other 2..
Perhaps another time.

ps, Greg if you read this, get on a plane to The Netherlands now!
We'll have a fat cow and a nice mantle rdy for you :-P

2005/7/6 15:45Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Quote:
Paul will report part two of this "great" day [laughs]

Hmm...I seem to have no other option, or have I? ;-)

Well. This post is going to be a short one, since I'm going to bed now! (And that sums up the day pretty well: tiring). I'll write, God willing, tomorrow more about this day, because we intended to do more than just visit Schiphol Airport to meet Greg, Yolanda and Kelly.

Some keywords:
- Hare Krishna
- Speaking corner
- "open the floodgates of Heaven...let it rain"
- McDonald's
- Christian missionaries
- "Your time has not yet come"

Stay tuned...sleep well! I think Greg, Yolanda and Kelly arrived at New York Airport some while ago and are heading for California right now. I look very forward to hearing/reading about their experiences and what the Lord has been doing the last couple of weeks!

In the great I AM,

Paul

2005/7/6 16:36Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:

DezCall wrote:

Some keywords:
- Hare Krishna
- Speaking corner
- "open the floodgates of Heaven...let it rain"
- McDonald's
- Christian missionaries
- "Your time has not yet come"

Paul asked me to continue on this, be blessed my bro;-)

1- Hare Krishna

a bunch of people from i believe India were sitting in front of us, and one showed something to the person next to him, it was a picture of Maria and Jesus.

so i thought, well ask this guy if he wants to show it to me, so he showed me, and i began to talk with him, so i ask him if he was a christian, and he said hare krishna, but i thought he said "christian" so i replied "oke cool" (little mistake..)

2- Speaking corner

hmmm Paul, i thought it was Speakers Corner, anyway, we went to the Vondelpark, a big park with somewhere a stone where you can speak. (the idea is from Speakers Corner in Engeland)

so we went to that place, and it was raining cats and dogs, and in that park no one knew about it, and here we could share our faith with in a couple of minutes, he wasn't so open to it.

3- "open the floodgates of Heaven...let it rain"

it was raining cats and dogs, all the time while we were in the park, so there weren't many people, and we almost got soaked.

but that song came into our mind while walking there.

4- Mc Donalds

man i've never seen so many Mac's, we were planning to eat somewhere, and we chose for the healthy food of meat salad and burger at a Mc Donald :-P so we ate there, we almost exploded, because we order a little too much (that last burger almost got us killed :-P)

so in case you miss a Mac, don't worry, in Amsterdam there is one at every corner :-P...haha...(sorry little exaggeration)

5- Christian missionaries

the Hare Krishna guy at the airport asked us after a couple of minutes, if we were missionaries, and from that on we could talk about Jesus Christ and share our faith with him, but he believed almost the same, but in the essentials he believed "a person can become good" and "God reveals Himself in certain points in history to bring salvation".

but we thank God for the oppurtunitie to share The Gospel!

6- "Your time has not yet come"

We were planning to do open air the first time there (it would be the first time for both), but we prayed for it, and felt like our time was not yet to come.

so this were the adventures of Paul and William stay tuned :-P

Greg, Yolanda and Kelly, i hope you all got home safe!

2005/7/7 8:20Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brothers William and Paul! man reading these posts made me sad and happy at the same time. I do really regret not being able to meet you. We were quite busily going through the airport to get where we had to and the plane was already boarding with a massive line. Looking at a map of the airport we were in the farthest parts of it away from the front lobby. I do feel abit guilty but I did grab a McDonalds right before we had to check in.

I really loved Holland from what I saw and I really am not in a position to promise.. but my hearts desire is to go back to your wonderful country to visit for awhile and of course I would spend time with both of you dear brothers. :-)

2005/7/8 23:38Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

:-)

he Greg, this thread was not to offend you, but more put it more in a humoristic way.

security is thight here at Schiphol, but hé no sad feelings, maybe we will meet eachother when you come here to Holland, and than we can give you a tour through Holland, show beautiful places!

i'm glad you came home safe!

be very blessed!

2005/7/9 6:11Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Ah ha! I found the topic you were talking about. Oh man... you guys got up so early! I'm one to usually worry and I bugged Greg so much when we were leaving for Ukraine, and when we were in Ukraine, concerning whether or not he had all the information about where we were going to meet you guys in the airport, that he made me promise him not to bring it up again and to trust that he had it all under control. I have a way of stressing him out sometimes. So the day we were supposed to meet you... I refrained from worrying or pestering Greg about if he knew where to meet you guys as to not get him stressed.

That really is strange about the intercom because I didn't hear them call our names, and I was actually listening too. All I heard were announcements in several different languages about different flights. We went straight from the Ukrainian airlines to our gate boarding passengers for Detroit, Michigan (not New York). As it was said, there was already a long line of people going through security and getting boarded on our plane. Kelly waited in line and Greg and I rushed to get him some food because he was starving and to exchange money (which took so long I think we were worried we'd be late for boarding). I must say, Dutch McDonald's are [i]very[/i] yummy! Tastier than Ukrainian and American McDonald's.

I am glad that your trip wasn't a "waste" and that God used you guys. That's so awesome; Christians who make the best of every situation and make themselves available to be used by God. You two are truly good Christian examples. Keep shining for Jesus!

2005/7/11 13:43Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy