SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : His Strength Made Perfect in Weakness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

His Strength Made Perfect in Weakness

He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)

What is your idea of power? What is your mentality concerning power? Are you clamoring for power, wanting power? Well, it all works out this way. True power from God's standpoint is Calvary power. Christ crucified is the power of God. What is Calvary power? Well, it is emptiness of self, you and I being emptied of self – and truly, that is easier said than endured! Oh, how very much there is of this self about us still! How we hate – how we suffer – being emptied of ourselves! What a terrible thing it is to feel our inability – to know that we do not count in ourselves. Oh, to be ABLE! And yet have we not proved, again and again, that our times of greatest emptiness and weakness have been the times when God has done most, and got glory by what He has done? Yes, it has been true. We have learnt it along various lines and different ways, but God has been working right into the very inside of us, so that the thing is done – it becomes a part of us. He does not have to maintain it by external conditions. But He frequently uses such – very often physical – conditions, to bring us to that place of utter dependence upon Himself. It is really not good enough, is it, to be forced to it, compelled to it? That is God's way of education, but it would be very much better for us to be fit and well and as dependent upon God as ever.

So it all resolves itself into the need, in the first place, for what is meant by being born from above: an entirely new nature and disposition, to begin with, and then a letting God do His work of conforming us to the image of His Son. I am not saying that works and words do not come in, but it is a heartbreaking business to be working and speaking with no power, and no registration of heaven. The Lord give us light as to what He means by this.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: The Significance of Christ - Chapter 3

2018/12/17 9:05Profile
docs

Re: His Strength Made Perfect in Weakness

Well said and how true.

Thank you for sharing

2018/12/18 6:11Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: His Strength Made Perfect in Weakness

Brother Mike
Thank u for this post..

I love Austin Sparks.. I believe he is like Watchman Nee and I need to read it over and over until I get what the HOLY GHOST WANTS TO TEACH ME..
So it all resolves itself into the need, in the first place, for what is meant by being born from above: an entirely new nature and disposition, to begin with, and then a letting God do His work of conforming us to the image of His Son. I am not saying that works and words do not come in, but it is a heartbreaking business to be working and speaking with no power, and no registration of heaven. The Lord give us light as to what He means by this.

I so love this.. to be working and speaking with no power.. If we are not led, if we are not changed or under the anointing of the HOLY SPIRIT when ministering the words will fall to the ground.. There will be no conviction.. No power.. The Anointing breaks the yoke.. When the HOLY GHOST fell in the Book of Acts. 1:8
Acts 1:8 KJV
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea..

I BELIEVE .. When the HOLY GHOST fell it was the beginning of the church.. I believe we should not pray, teach or minister unless we are under the power..
It shall come to pass in that day
That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder,
And his yoke from your neck,
And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.

Isa 10:27

Just some of my thoughts as an intercessor for JESUS..
His handmaiden
Sister Frannie

2019/2/19 21:17Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I feel weak at the moment

2019/2/21 6:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy