SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God Offers us HIMSELF!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
cup

God Offers us HIMSELF!!

Grace is a gift of God that is His very person - His very personal presence making Himself known to us and in us. God offers Himself to us as a continuing, bountiful gift that never ceases to be given and is extravagantly lavished upon us that continues to keep unfolding with a never unending, second by second discovery of who God is in us and to us each day of our lives. Grace upon grace, wave after wave of His very person LIVING in us. Grace opens our eyes to realize that we now have a LIVING Savior within us. This grace actualizes the LIFE of Christ within us that we have not seen or realized before.

Then Gal. 2:20 becomes REAL to us because then we know that it not just ME, an alone me acting independently from God attempting to live the Christian life. No – that me is now completely DEAD and now Christ Himself LIVES inside of me.

Christ I have been crucified with – I live, but no longer I, He lives, however, in me Christ – even more than that, the NOW I live in all the sphere of flesh, flesh of His flesh, exists only inside the sphere of the I live faith of the Son of God – this One having loved me, this One having traded Himself for me. Christ is my life; I have no other life.

2018/12/15 10:37Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: God Offers us HIMSELF!!

Just curious, why the !!

2018/12/15 16:42Profile
docs

Re:

Thanks cup. What you share is so basically true and wondrous.

2018/12/15 18:32Profile
cup

Re: I have been crucified

Lets look at this one part for now. I have been crucified.

Now this I is the old man - the old self - an I that thinks it is independent from God. This I is the 1st Adam I.

This crucifixion is actual and real NOT potential. When Christ was crucified and died, He was truly and actually crucified and died. There was NOTHING potential about it. We were IN Him so when He was crucified, we were crucified in Him. When He died we died in Him.

Now this death was totally complete and an utter death. Everything that needed to die actually died. Everything that needed to cease was ceased. Nothing was left out. This means that all this old I, The old man-self, and the 1st Adam could NEVER become alive again or somehow ever be resurrected again.

A Christian does not still have two natures within him that at war with each other. That teaching is a lie. My former old man, that old fallen spirit, is dead and buried. It is not an issue in any way whatsoever, except. Except my mind still remembers it and still thinks as if it is real.

KNOWING THIS that our old man was crucified with Him. – Christ I have been crucified with. The cross has set me free, absolute and today; Jesus IS the only life I am.

2018/12/16 5:38Profile
docs

Re:

I agree cup. Sin and its evil consequences in their entirety were born by Christ and slain and removed. God didn't provide a remedy for the old man but rather he killed it.

I also agree about the two natures - in Christ we are born again and are a new creation. We can confidently assert and believe this because it is founded on a FACT and not a feeling. As believers there are not wo natures still within us engaged in a dogfight.

Through all this God provides HIMSELF as the author and perfecter and finisher of our salvation. It is not information about Him that enablles us but His very own life that He imparts. It takes God to live for God. He has done His part fully and completely. Calvary is a perfect work - perfectly perfect and completely complete ("It is finished!") Now we must do our part and fight the good battle to appropriate all that Calvary provided for us.

I'm coming to see it is not so much the "fancy" things of salvation that we need to seek after but the very basics need to be taught more. If the church will put the basics of the cross back at the center of its teachings then it will become more Christ like and victorious.

I wish I had more time this morning. Blessings to you.

2018/12/17 12:02Profile
cup

Re:

How do we enter? That is the real question. How do we live inside of Jesus?

You CANNOT enter into union with the Lord Jesus Christ. You are incapable of doing such a thing. Try for ten billion years, and you will never know Jesus as He is.

Salvation is one thing and one thing alone. The PERSON of Jesus Christ living, dwelling, abiding within you NOW! He is the LIVING WORD. He has entered into union with you. You will never know Jesus in His power until you first accept Him as having already come unto union with all of your human weakness and inability. Jesus Himself lives as you.

For you to be filled with all the fullness of God means that God has already given ALL of Himself to you. God placed you into Himself inside of all that is Christ. BUT - you knew none of that. Thus, for you, the experience of discovering what is already true is like "entering in" for the first time. Yet the moment you enter into the knowledge of what is true by faith in Jesus, you discover that what seems "brand-new" has always been the only thing true.

Before you can abide in Christ you need know that He now abides in you. The word abide means to stay put. In other words you just need stay in the reality of Christ's Life within you. You can never abide in Him without knowing that He already abides in you and you have His LIFE inside you.

Before we can really "lay hold of Christ" or abide we must know that Christ Himself has already "laid hold of us"! So we are not attempting as person who is not already united with Christ to become united with Him. The reality is - Christ Himself is alive within you this very second. So we need to see that reality before we can believe and trust the person of Christ who is now within. As along as we look at a Christ in heaven, over there, next to us or even within us in a separate compartment we are doomed to failure and defeat.

To "lay hold of Christ" is to realize that His LIFE is really your life - NOW - right this very second. You have HIM now!! You are NOW united with Him. Believe that fact and treat Him as He is - because He is!

Here, is the secret: It is not by asking how I can I abide in the Vine, but believing and knowing that you NOW have the person of Christ abiding, living and dwelling within you. He abides in you and you are in Him by His doing. Jesus is the Vine - the root, stem, branches, twigs, leaves, flowers, fruit, all indeed. Yes, and far more too! He is the soil and sunshine, air and rain -- more than we can ask, think, or desire.

Let us not then want to get anything out of Him, but rejoice in the fact of just being ourselves in Him -- one with Him, and, consequently, with all His fullness. Not seeking for faith to bring holiness, but rejoicing in the fact of your perfect holiness in Christ, let us realize that -- inseparably one with Him -- this holiness is ours, and accepting the fact, find it so indeed.

Just believe right now that you are connected to Christ who is your Life and never ending unlimited supply of Love, Holiness, Faith, Righteousness, Peace and Joy. Now you have the person of Christ living, dwelling and abiding within you and HE is now giving everything you need to experience His complete and full salvation. You are in UNION with Him. You no longer have to "do things" to get Him to work, to bless, to give you a sense of His presence. It is His life of ceaseless and infinite power, love, and holiness being imparted within you every second of every day. You are just a vessel, branch or container of God's Life within you.

2018/12/17 14:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy