Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Learning to Hate Sin - Carter Conlon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Learning to Hate Sin - Carter Conlon

We, too, would be wise to heed the lesson of this parable. Our lives must bear fruit that can come only from the indwelling presence of God. It cannot come through human sacrifice or feigned religious observance, nor does it come by crafting a place of safety in own minds. Rather, it requires a deliberate turning away from what the Word of God says is wrong to what He says is right- and trusting God for the strength to perform it. That means we must begin to see sin in our lives the way God sees it; we must hate what God hates.

According to the Word of God, "These six things the Lord hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren"(Proverbs 6:16–19). We must learn to hate the sowing of dissension and discord among brothers and sisters in Christ. And we must learn to hate the racism of our day. Remember, the Bible says elsewhere, "Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him" (1 John 3:15). You can try to justify it any way you want, but if you become part of this present divided society that is full of hatred and finger—pointing, the Bible clearly says you have no eternal life living within you.

Now once we learn to hate sin, we must also come to the point where we are convinced that we cannot save or change ourselves. You and I cannot do good for any length of time because we are so bent on corruption inside these earthen vessels. We must recognize, as Paul did, that "in me dwells no good thing" (see Romans 7:18). He also understood, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer who I live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). Though we deserved to die, Jesus took our place and bore our sins on that cross!

2018/12/7 18:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy