SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Author of the contemporary translation of the Bible, The Message.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

The Message (MSG) King James Bible (KJB)
John 3:16 — “This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life
John 3:16 — “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Genesis 1:1-2 — “First this: God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don't see. Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness. God's Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss.” Genesis 1:1-2 — “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.”
John 1:12 — “But whoever did want him, who believed he was who he claimed and would do what he said, He made to be their true selves, their child-of-God selves.” Joh:1:12 — “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”
Acts 16:30-31 — “Sirs, what do I have to do to be saved, to really live?" They said, "Put your entire trust in the Master Jesus. Then you'll live as you were meant to live—and everyone in your house included!” Acts 16:30-31 — “And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”
Matthew 7:21-23 — “Knowing the correct password—saying 'Master, Master,' for instance— isn't going to get you anywhere with me. What is required is serious obedience—doing what my Father wills. I can see it now—at the Final Judgment thousands strutting up to me and saying, 'Master, we preached the Message, we bashed the demons, our God-sponsored projects had everyone talking.' And do you know what I am going to say? 'You missed the boat. All you did was use me to make yourselves important. You don't impress me one bit. You're out of here.'” Matthew 7:21-23 — “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
Acts 2:38 — “Peter said, "Change your life. Turn to God and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, so your sins are forgiven. Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:38 — “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
Romans 10:13 — “Everyone who calls, 'Help, God!' gets help.” Romans 10:13 — “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Isaiah 7:14 — “So the Master is going to give you a sign anyway. Watch for this: A girl who is presently a virgin will get pregnant. She'll bear a son and name him Immanuel (God-With-Us). Isaiah 7:14 — “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”

Look at a comparison of these passages in normal translations and then compared to the message it adds things it refers to Yahweh as master in is 7:4

It is not a translation , it is not even a paraphrase as he is adding his own personal theology or Romans 10:13

Judas refers to Jesus as master in Matt 26 do you really want to refer to Jesus as master.

What bible translations have you read ? As I used to read and review them for the Christian bookshop and I would not even class the message as a translation and when it detracts from major doctrines from the Christian faith it is classed as heresy

If you cannot link it to the Greek text then how would you class this as a translation

Problem Passages in The Message

A link to biola university
https://www.biola.edu/blogs/good-book-blog/2016/problem-passages-in-the-message

How about the phrase as above so below in the lord prayer or the god of green hope.
What kind of message is THE MESSAGE
ttps://www.crossroad.to/Bible_studies/Message.html

2018/12/5 7:50Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It appears we are going in circles.

Let’s leave it at this- you are free to not read The Message as often as you like!

2018/12/5 8:19Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

My conclusion

Why begin reading a bible that is skewed as it is in the first place? It only sets one up for failure because a person will not want to read more orthodox versions because the wording will appear to be harder.

Buyer beware
Christian beware

2018/12/5 11:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy