SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Francis Chan Warns Against Those Who Cause Division in the Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Whenever we as believers encounter false teaching,
we should never fear bringing correction, however it needs to be done in the right spirit.

I have seen way too many accusations and many of them are false against true brothers in the Lord. There is a vast difference between a false teacher and someone that is a true brother, but is wrong on some area of doctrine.

There is not one among us that has never missed it on issues of doctrine. I would much rather err on the side of mercy than to falsely accuse a true minister of Jesus Christ and bring further division to the Body of Christ.

2018/11/22 14:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Well said brother.

2018/11/22 14:13Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Whenever we as believers encounter false teaching,
we should never fear bringing correction, however it needs to be done in the right spirit.

I have seen way too many accusations and many of them are false against true brothers in the Lord. There is a vast difference between a false teacher and someone that is a true brother, but is wrong on some area of doctrine.

There is not one among us that has never missed it on issues of doctrine. I would much rather err on the side of mercy than to falsely accuse a true minister of Jesus Christ and bring further division to the Body of Christ.

You are diverting the conversation with this post by saying you have seen too many accusations that are false against true brothers in the Lord................can you affirm that those that Francis mentions in this message true brothers in the Lord? They preach a different Gospel and it is a me center message along with one that includes mysticism. To whitewash it is to accept deception. Don't go there. Stand up for what it right and call out that which is wrong and don't make excuses. it is very easy to do when we like certain preachers. I like Francis but if he is doing down this road I have to call him out as a Christian.

2018/11/22 17:05Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

* "Try every spirit"

* "You will know them by their fruit"

* "be not unequally yoked"

* "Light cannot live with Darkness"

These are the urgent calling's I hear from the Spirit of God concerning this age. Ministries that are making money of the Gospel in song and teachings. Shepards that are allowing the congregation to be influenced from doctrines of devils and allowing false signs and wonders to build up attendence. That are becoming friends to false dotrinal teachings and beliefs.

My brothers and sisters in Christ are not formed because we enter the same building made from dirt! My Brothers and Sisters are those that do the will of our Father and have denied themselves and let thy kingdom come on earth. When a Preacher teaches from the pulpit, its not his skill to teach or his ability to reason and persuade my thinking, it is the power of the holy spirit bringing fourth the truth of the word into my spirit to renew my mind and edify my spirit in the truth of Christ.

I see an unholy union today being pushed onto the pulpit, The talented salesman and the compromiser. Each one tickles the ears and plays the emotions like a harp to get what they want.

How do we respond as Gods ambassidors on earth? do we just say be in peace and walk past as millions die through lack of knowledge? Or is that God has sent a strong delusion to those that are seeking for there own will and not his?

It is my prayer that Gods will be done on earth as it is in heaven. That God can use us for his light in a darkening world, that we are the salt of the earth. I don't judge these preachers as we all can fall with out the Mercy of God over our eyes but i judge the works of Satan that oppress Gods people and make a mockery of Christ name before the heathens. I pray against the greed and selfish spirits behind many of these preachers and if that means that God has to hashly chastise those who have fallen away from his will then so be it. We all must die to our flesh nature and drink of the same cup as those that are baptised in Christ.

God Bless

2018/11/23 0:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Yes brother Chan in his message is not saying to not use discernment he is rather speaking against publically slandering and speaking against others even if they are partially wrong.

There is a place to name false apostles or false teachers, it must are done very wisely and I would say would be the place of authority in the Church such as apostles to do, to warn saints.

The public blogging or re-posting of blogs on Facebook against false teachers is not constructive but rather its slander even if the person is wrong the way they are mocked and ridiculed by the "righteous" is actually sin and Chan is encouraging people to stay away from such things. God in the end is the judge and arbiter.

Let us try and apply wisdom and learn from what Francis Chan is warning about, I believe in America we can all improve in this area, as popular Christian media has given the example of what essentially "not" to do.

2018/11/23 7:08Profile

Re:

John writes........

"Stand up for what it right and call out that which is wrong and don't make excuses. it is very easy to do when we like certain preachers. I like Francis but if he is doing down this road I have to call him out as a Christian."

Greg and Chan will not do this. Ask Greg to call out the men that Chan used as examples and he will not. There are men who think they are leaders in the Body of Christ and desperately want a seat at the table, they will only have it in their own minds. People who are wannabe leaders will not call out anyone lest they be rejected by the men they want to associate with. They will then wrap it up in pious tones........bro Frank

2018/11/23 9:38
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Frank,

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have had a few of Mick Bickle's sermons on SI for over 2 years: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1242

Though I do not endorse all of his ministry or emphasis. I can at least agree and applaud some of their emphasis and ministry they are doing unto the Lord.

Also for over 4 years I have had this as part of the Community Guidelines for SermonIndex:

7. SLANDERING OTHERS - We have a zero tolerance on slander, evil-speaking and speaking against a person's character without warrant. 'Slander no one.' / 'to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.' NASB (Titus 3:2). This is a very important biblical principle and we ask that you would especially respect the biblical method of approaching a brother privately (Matthew 18:15). Also there are hundreds of websites in the internet that exclusively post wrong teachings, errors and question the character of Christians, we do not want SermonIndex to be seen as such a ministry and ask that all forum members do not participate in posting in what is wrong. We believe simply that truth dispels errors and to focus on the truth will shine a light into all the darkness.
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

May God give you peace.

2018/11/23 10:30Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: "In a multitude of words - SIN is not absent"

There is a danger in this manner of public airing of differences. We may be right in nearly every thing we write, but the more we write, the more vulnerable we are to "miss the mark" - even if the error is only a "little leaven."

My spirit discerns a little leaven in these threads. I will not allow that leaven to cast aside the valid concerns being expressed, but it is unfortunate when thoughts that should have been taken captive and kept to ourselves, are allowed to move our fingers to type and post.

Otherwise valid concerns can be corrupted by personal feelings that have been allowed to leaven our heart toward other brothers with whom we are exhorted to have "unhypocritical love".

mak

2018/11/23 10:32Profile

Re:

Matthew Henry writes, in regard to Ananaias and Sapphira, the topic Francis Chan spoke on..........

"The chapter begins with a melancholy but, which puts a stop to the pleasant and agreeable prospect of things which we had in the foregoing chapters; as every man, so every church, in its best state has its but. 1. The disciples were very holy, and heavenly, and seemed to be all exceedingly good; but there were hypocrites among them, whose hearts were not right in the sight of God, who, when they were baptized, and took upon them the form of godliness, denied the power of godliness( not baptized in the Holy Spirit) and stopped short of that. There is a mixture of bad with good in the best societies on this side heaven; tares will grow among the wheat until the harvest. 2. I. The sin of Ananias and Sapphira his wife. That they were ambitious of being thought eminent disciples, and of the first rank, when really they were not true disciples; they would pass for some of the most fruitful trees in Christ's vineyard, when really the root of the matter was not found in them.Note, It is possible that hypocrites may deny themselves in one thing, but then it is to serve themselves in another; they may forego their secular advantage in one instance, with a prospect of finding their account in something else. Ananias and Sapphira would take upon them a profession of Christianity, and make a fair show in the flesh with it, and so would mock God.

But we read , to lie unto the Holy Ghost, which reading is found in Act_5:4, Thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. [1.] Ananias told a lie, a deliberate lie, and with a purpose to deceive; he told Peter that he had sold a possession (house or lands) and this was the purchase-money. Perhaps he expressed himself in words that were capable of a double meaning, used some equivocations about it, which he thought might palliate the matter a little, and save him from the guilt of a downright lie: or perhaps he said nothing; but it was all one, he did as the rest did who brought the whole price, and would be thought to do so, and expected the praise those had that did so, and the same privilege and access to the common stock as they had. It was an implicit protestation that he brought the whole price, as they did; and this was a lie, for he kept back part. Note, Many are brought to gross lying by reigning pride, and affectation of the applause of men, particularly in works of charity to the poor."

I think his last line is so powerful "Many are brought to gross lying by reigning pride and affection of the applause of men." As for Francis Chan, I have for the most part always enjoyed the little I have heard from him. I do not count him as some kind of heretic, just a man like any other who was in deep and dangerous error in this particular case. The notion that this public error could not be challenged is a dangerous one and a controlling one.........bro Frank

2018/11/23 12:45
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

While I did not agree with every single point of interpretation and application in the message, overall I thought it was a great and much needed exhortation for us. In the past I have been way too quick to publicly put down certain preachers with whom I disagree on non-salvific issues, and this message was convicting for me in this regard, much appreciated. This scripture comes to mind:

"So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God."-James 1:19-20

2018/11/23 22:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy