Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Antichristian literature in Waterstones

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Antichristian literature in Waterstones

Mere decapitation wasn’t enough. More blows fell, scalping Athena, striking the helmet from the goddess’s head, smashing it into pieces. Further blows followed. The statue fell from its pedestal, then the arms and shoulders were chopped off. The body was left on its front in the dirt; the nearby altar was sliced off just above its base. Only then does it seem that these men – these Christians – felt satisfied that their work was done. They melted out once again into the desert. Behind them the temple fell silent. The votive lamps, no longer tended, went out. On the floor, the head of Athena slowly started to be covered by the sands of the Syrian desert. The ‘triumph’ of Christianity had begun.

Nixey, Catherine. The Darkening Age: The Christian Destruction of the Classical World . Pan Macmillan. Kindle Edition.

The savage ‘tyrant’ was Christianity. From almost the very first years that a Christian emperor had ruled in Rome in AD 312, liberties had begun to be eroded. And then, in AD 529, a final blow had fallen. It was decreed that all those who laboured ‘under the insanity of paganism’ – in other words Damascius and his fellow philosophers – would no longer be allowed to teach.

Nixey, Catherine. The Darkening Age: The Christian Destruction of the Classical World . Pan Macmillan. Kindle Edition.

When walking through the bookshop I was shocked to see this book the Darkening Age: The Christian Destruction of the Classical World and I was amazed to see other books that were so antichristian. This book I had to buy in Kindle format as some of the thing is so vile not understanding the persecution that christians went through in the first three hundread years of Christianity.

Books – which were often stored in temples – suffered terribly. The remains of the greatest library in the ancient world, a library that had once held perhaps 700,000 volumes, were destroyed in this way by Christians. It was over a millennium before any other library would even come close to its holdings. Works by censured philosophers were forbidden and bonfires blazed across the empire as outlawed books went up in flames.

There is so much that is factually wrong about this book but this is one book of many!

Then there is this book by Stephen Hawkings which is a best seller?
Is answer to Is there a God

either. I think belief in an afterlife is just wishful thinking. There is no reliable evidence for it, and it flies in the face of everything we know in science. I think that when we die we return to dust. But there’s a sense in which we live on, in our influence, and in our genes that we pass on to our children. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.

Hawking, Stephen. Brief Answers to the Big Questions: the final book from Stephen Hawking (Kindle Locations 515-518). Hodder & Stoughton. Kindle Edition.

It is so sad to see but what hope do we have when most our church is affected by the new age.

When you have quotes from people like people like Bill Johnson who Michael Brown is a fan of.

The gospel of salvation is focused on getting people saved and going to Heaven. The beauty of that message makes it very easy to miss the fact that it is only a part of the whole message that Jesus gave us. The gospel of the Kingdom is focused on the transformation of lives, cities, and nations, bringing the reality of Heaven to earth. We must not confuse our destiny with our assignment. Heaven is my destiny, while bringing the Kingdom is my assignment. The focus of the Kingdom message is the rightful dominion of God over everything.

Johnson, Bill. Jesus Christ is Perfect Theology (p. 22). Destiny Image Publishers. Kindle Edition.

It is so hard when evangelising when seeing the cold hard hearts to the Gospel. Hearts like Ice.

When you see the New Age section in bookstores like Waterstones on things like UFOs and other things.

Yet the New Age movement has penetrated the church and the ecumenical movement with Catholicism.

Our world is so Dark because our churches are so dark as the bible is an unread book or only used to support a prosperity gospel or a way to have dominion over the world

Nearly Half of American Christians Have at Least One New Age Belief
https://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/news/2018/11/nearly-half-american-christians-least-one-new-age-belief.php

2018/11/10 15:46Profile
TrueWitness

Re: Antichristian literature in Waterstones

While I don't agree with Bill Johnson on many things and I don't rush to his defense, I am curious about what you quoted from him and what you find wrong with this statement:

Quote:
The gospel of salvation is focused on getting people saved and going to Heaven. The beauty of that message makes it very easy to miss the fact that it is only a part of the whole message that Jesus gave us. The gospel of the Kingdom is focused on the transformation of lives, cities, and nations, bringing the reality of Heaven to earth. We must not confuse our destiny with our assignment. Heaven is my destiny, while bringing the Kingdom is my assignment. The focus of the Kingdom message is the rightful dominion of God over everything.

If he only said the first sentence, it would be in error. But the entire rest of the quote talks about how the gospel is MORE than just getting people saved and going to heaven. So I am curious about what is wrong with what he said. Please don't bring up anything other than the what the man said in this one quote. I am not an apologizer for Bill Johnson but this one quote seems reasonable to me. I do not see anything "new age" in what he said. Please enlighten me.

-Daniel

2018/11/10 16:07Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Galatians 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

There is only the Gospel of Salvation there is no Gospel of the Kingdom, the bible is very firm on those who preach another Gospel even an Angel of Heaven.

Bill Johnson is preaching another Gospel there is no Gospel of the Kingdom there is only the Gospel of Salvation.

Galatians 1
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

This is what God says through Paul. let him be accursed who preaches any other Gospel this is serious.

He says the Gospel of Heaven is essentially something called Dominion Theologically where as a church we will save the world.

2 Thessalanians 2

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2018/11/10 16:31Profile
TrueWitness

Re: John 17:3

Dom said,
"...there is no gospel of the kingdom"

And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14

Well, apparently there is a gospel of the kingdom and Jesus wants us to preach it throughout the whole world. It is not "another gospel" that will cause one to be anathema.

I don't follow Bill Johnson and if he holds to "Dominion theology" he is in error.

But the "gospel of the kingdom" is scriptural because I quoted the verse.

-Daniel

2018/11/10 22:16Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

You clearly have not read what I wrote disagree with is what Paul says if any man or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel, what you have to assume that the gospel of the kingdom is the gospel of salvation.

1 Corinthians 15
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. note note

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. note

9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

10 But by the grace of God I am

Acts 17

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it

Bill Johnson is preaching a different gospel that the apostles preached , he is using biblical terminology as in the gospel of the kingdom but using a completely different meaning.

I am so sad you do not get this

Jude 1
3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

There is no gospel of the kingdom the bible talks about the antichridt ruling the world before Jesus returns

2 Thessalonians 2
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2018/11/11 5:08Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Dom said:

Quote:
Bill Johnson is preaching a different gospel that the apostles preached , he is using biblical terminology as in the gospel of the kingdom but using a completely different meaning.

If this is true then your original quote from him does not demonstrate this different meaning at all. If you want to argue that his use of the term "gospel of the kingdom" is heretical then you need to give additional quotes from him that make this plain. I don't know Bill Johnson or his teachings so don't assume I just know these things automatically.

And why did you say that there is no gospel of the kingdom?

-Daniel

2018/11/11 7:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”
Mark 1:14-15

2018/11/11 9:41Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I think you have missed the point of what I have said.

Johnson, Bill. Jesus Christ is Perfect Theology (p. 22). Destiny Image Publishers. Kindle Edition.

This is the original quote from the book, what bill Johnson does is

We were designed to rule like God rules—in generosity and kindness, not self-serving, but always for the higher good of others. We are to rule over creation, over darkness—that we might plunder the powers of darkness and establish the rule of Jesus wherever we go by preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom. Kingdom means “King’s domain.” In the original purpose of God, humankind was to rule over creation.

Johnson, Bill. Hosting the Presence: Unveiling Heaven's Agenda (p. 44). Destiny Image. Kindle Edition.

Can you see this is a different gospel as Christians we are not commanded to rule

We have been given authority over this planet. It was first given to us in the commission God gave to mankind in Genesis (see Gen. 1:28-29) and was then restored to us by Jesus after His resurrection (see Matt. 28:18). But Kingdom authority is different than is typically understood by many believers. It is the authority to set people free from torment and disease, to destroy the works of darkness. It is the authority to move the resources of Heaven through creative expression to meet human need. It is the authority to bring Heaven to earth. It is the authority to serve.

Wallnau, Lance. Invading Babylon: The 7 Mountain Mandate (p. 21). Destiny Image, Inc.. Kindle Edition. (Bill Johnson Section)

I do not say that the phrase the Gospel of the Kingdom is not used in scripture what I have said is that Bill Johnson twists that phrase as the Gospel of Salvation is the Gospel of the Kingdom.

As Galatians 1 is very clear

Galatians 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The sense that Bill Johnson uses that we are going to make this a christian world through the areas of government and other things before Christ returns is antiscriptural.

I still dont understand why most of you do not get about when it says in Galations 1 if any Man preach any other Gospel let him be accursed even an angel of Heaven.

The Bible is clear there is only one gospel.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

In the book of Thessalonian it talks that when Jesus returns he will destroy a world run by the Antichrist

2 Thessalonians 2

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2018/11/11 15:44Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Dom: Please clarify for me,

You are saying that Bill Johnson is teaching 'kingdom now theology' under the guise of 'gospel of the kingdom'? And... you are saying the gospel of the kingdom as he defines it is not the gospel of salvation?

2018/11/12 11:29Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJV) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This is not the Gospel of the Kingdom.

The Gospel of the Kingdom was for the Jew because their King was here by His presence, they crucified Him. The Kingdom Gospel will resume when Jesus comes back to the mount of Olives and begins His reign as their King for One Thousand years, this is earthly. The Christian Kingdom is Heavenly and we will rule and reign with Christ for His Kingdom of God on earth, but not intended to be under the Kingdom rule with the Iron Rod. WE are already seated in the Heavenlies with Christ as our Brother and fellow heir of the Fathers House in where we stand.

In Christ: Phillip

2018/11/18 2:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy