SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Trump May Reverse Obama's Decision and Define Gender by Biology, Not Choice

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Trump May Reverse Obama's Decision and Define Gender by Biology, Not Choice

"The Trump administration may narrow the federal definition of gender to involve only a person’s biology, thus reversing an action taken by the Obama administration, according to a leaked memo reported in The New York Times.

The memo circulated within the Department of Health and Human Services says federal departments need a standard “biological” definition of gender that “is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” Under the proposed change – which would affect Title IX -- gender would be defined as what a person is at birth, and not what he/she decides later in life.

Title IX is a 1972 law that prevents discrimination “under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”

“Sex means a person’s status as male or female based on immutable biological traits identifiable by or before birth,” the memo states. “The sex listed on a person’s birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person’s sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence”

If adopted, the proposed rule would have a major impact on the transgender debate.

The Times noted that a series “of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs” – including in education and healthcare – to recognize gender “largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth.”

“The policy prompted fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept,” The Times noted."

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/trump-may-reverse-obama-decision-define-gender-by-biology.html

2018/10/23 7:41Profile
docs

Re: Trump May Reverse Obama's Decision and Define Gender by Biology, Not Choice

PTL! It won't hurt my feelings. No wonder the powers of darkness have unleased such a onslaught against this one solitary man.

2018/10/23 14:36Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Nothing much surprises me anymore, the last administration drug this country through the mud, and left us in a big mud hole, with it’s sick perverted changes. At least the good lord gave us all a heads up, on all the things we can expect to come.

2018/10/23 15:35Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I don’t particularly care for many of the things that come out of Donald Trump’s mouth, but he is doing the right things in many different areas that are important to us as Christians. , We can praise God that we don’t have President Hillary Clinton to continue the downward spiral of our nation.

This is all a result of the fervent prayers of the saints, repentance, and intercession.

Prayer is needed for the mid term elections, and the left is desperate, and will use any means to unseat President Trump.

2018/10/23 15:47Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: liars

quote: “Sex means a person’s status as male or female based on immutable biological traits identifiable by or before birth,” the memo states. “The sex listed on a person’s birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person’s sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence”

If adopted, the proposed rule would have a major impact on the transgender debate."

This is already definitive proof, this is already a major impact on transgender.
I don't need the President or a political organization to dispel the myth of transgender.

There are X AND Y chromosomes..thats it.

by the way... this is why atheists and their logic and reasoning are absolutely useless, worse than useless.

They are supposed to be the elite, the brain trust, the in-the-know of scientific facts...and yet I hear nothing but crickets coming from their camp as to the ridiculous idea that there are more than two genders.

For me, atheism is an escape route for them to live and do as they please. Their science and their knowledge are a fraud...when the obvious errors are being perpetrated upon the public...they decry Christianity but have nothing to say about multiple genders its apparent they too believe in flat earths, spaghetti monsters, and square circles when public opinion requires them to do so.

2018/10/26 14:01Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but some people are born with both male and female genitalia. And so far as I can tell, some people have both XX and XY chromosomes.

It seems to me that these cases are detrimental mutations, a result of the Fall.

2018/10/28 20:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy