Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Question concerning regeneration

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Thanks everyone!

I just can't understand how anyone can believe a person gets born again before they repent and believe.

Now I know that the Spirit draws them by convicting them but that is before the new birth that leads them to faith and repentance so that God can give them a new birth.

Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How shall they call upon Him in whom the have not believed? How shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? How shall they hear with out a preacher or someone who proclaims the gospel message?

The very reason of why we witness Jesus to the lost is so the person will believe in order to be save. No where in all of scripture does it say that God gives the new birth so that we can believe. Holy Spirit conviction is not the same thing as regeneration.

The people on the day of Pentecost listening to Peter preach the gospel cried saying what must we do... that's when Peter said to them "Repent and be baptized...

John 3:16...whosover that believes in Him should not perish...

God does not select some to eternal life before they believe...that is erroneous teaching of Calvinism (although I agree with much of Calvinism)...that's not what God says in scripture.

God does not lie nor does he deceive anyone by telling people you must believe or perish but then only saves some before they believe and the rest sending them to hell because they can't believe. God makes it possible by the power of the Spirit of God for all to believe if they will yield to the Spirit's drawing.

Blessings to all!
rbanks

2018/10/22 20:21Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

To say that one can be regenerated (born again) without having faith in Christ is the same as saying one can be saved without having faith in Christ, because regeneration or the new birth is an aspect of salvation. I know that some Calvinists believe and teach that one can go a long time being regenerated without trusting in Christ, and many of us have a really hard time with that based on our understanding of Scripture.

2018/10/22 20:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy