SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Love the sinner, hate the sin, Biblical?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
NeedHim2018

Re:

Dear Saints,

When we watch this video about the life of John Hyde often known as 'Praying John Hyde' we see not only his love for souls, but also God's love for souls, as God was the one motivating him to pray for souls. What a wonderful thing it would be to have that burden for souls that John Hyde had. Praise God, as I believe He can do it again!

Love in Christ,
John

https://youtu.be/N3VRD7XNPEc

2018/10/6 10:50Profile
savannah

Re: Love the sinner, hate the sin, Biblical?

St. Augustine wrote in one of his letters to a group of nuns, “have love for mankind and hatred of sins”.

Mahatma Gandhi wrote in his autobiography:

“Hate the sin and not the sinner."

Here is the full quote:

“Hate the sin and not the sinner is a precept which, though easy enough to understand, is rarely practiced, and that is why the poison of hatred spreads in the world.”

2018/10/7 9:06Profile
passerby

Re:

The phrase has become a byword now, and being used for self-serving and compassionate disposition. Personally, I would shy from using it to elaborate christian view. This is not a precise formula to summarize the Divine grace & judgement.

However, let us remember that we are not divine but mortals and we do not have the prerogative of God. On-demand spiritual discernment and discretion would be needed in many situations as they arise and it may not perfectly follow a general wisdom.

2018/10/7 21:39Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7gQjNbbh5E

2018/10/7 23:44Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi All

Sin is not to be taken lightly as it is hated and an enemy to God. Sin is anti-love as it is self-love in nature, full of rebellion against our father.

We can see the sin of people either by Gods illuminating light or the Sin is so overflowing in someones soul that it is reflected in the natural. As we have all come from this it is the deep revelation of our own depth of sin that gives the awnser to our response to others. It is the revelation of Gods grace on our own lives that our wretchedness is revealed driving us daily to carry our cross.

When we can humbly say that "I am the greatest Sinner of all" it is then that we pray fervently in tears and minister to the lost who are overcome and lost in the world by the same enemy that once enslaved us. Knowing that by the pure grace and mercy of the Lord we have been chosen to do so.

I warn people of the dangers of Adultery as i payed the wages for this and lost my children and wives. I have destroyed lives through acts of sin that i didn't even consider as bad. but as i stood before Gods pure light i saw who I am with out Christ and can no longer boast of having anything good in me. It is God alone that is good and it is him that lives in me. My love is for fellow prisoners of sin and sharing the good news of a kingdom that endures forever. For thus is the very reason Christ came.

2018/10/14 21:49Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Thank you for that video John. I just read a short autobiography on Praying Hyde. Moving to say the least.

By the way, welcome to SermonIndex, brother.

2018/10/15 22:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy