SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Character and Path

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CofG

Cambodia

Character and Path

We are called and predestined to be completely transformed into the very image and likeness of Jesus. That is a major part if not complete summation of God’s calling and plan for the church.

One critical area of this transformation is that we have the mind of Christ that in a significant way impacts our life choices and ultimately reveals and reflects Jesus’ view of what “life on earth” should look like for His people. How do we recognize His view? I suggest by His words and His life.

Are we mirroring Jesus view? Or, do we establish our own views of life’s meaning, purpose and “look” and then “Christianize” or glorify them by mutual consent and agreement. We just agree together what Jesus’ view of life should be. We do the conforming of His life into our image.

Am I to live like Christ? Or, am I to live my life and just try my best not to sin in the process of it?

whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked. - 1 John 2:6

How you interpret and how far you take that single verse says a lot about your answer to the questions I’ve posed.

Does Jesus want to live His life through you on earth to complete His mission and reason for coming to earth which is that the Father’s glory would fill the earth as the waters cover the sea? That Jesus would fill the earth through the church looking and living like Himself? Jesus died so you could live forever with Him. He now asks (expects, deserves and commands) that you die to your life on earth so that He can live now and work now through your sacrificed body for the balance of your lifetime on earth. What would and should that look like ?
Many refuse to look at life this way. Most just try to get to heaven in one piece. The life of Jesus is literally wasted in many.

Walking in a manner worthy of your calling must mean walking by looking like Jesus AS Jesus accomplishes His mission through you. You simply cannot separate those two as we so often struggle with all our might to do. You can’t have the character without the mission and you can’t have the mission without the character.

We have been called and predestined to be conformed and transformed into His very image and all that means and not just our preferred parts of that image. That transformation includes doing what He did in the proportion and measure that the Spirit gifts.

You will become like Jesus as you behold Jesus. Beholding Him happens in a few Scripturally defined ways. A major way of being transformed into His likeness happens when we surrender our individual life to His mission.

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. - Romans 12:1-2

Many have refused or decidedly limited their own sacrifice of this life and is it any wonder then that their transformation into the likeness of Jesus has been so slow and of such limited effect.

Many miss out on a revelation of Jesus to their souls because they have opted out of being used by Jesus to live His mission through them. That is sad and wrong. And probably dangerous.

The life of Jesus is most dramatically revealed to a person, in a person and through a person for the transformation of that person when they have laid down their own life sacrificially and been broken for Jesus and others sake because of it.

How badly do you want people to see Jesus when they see you AND see the life path you choose to follow.

2018/9/28 20:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy