SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A great national wound

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

A great national wound

The Kavanaugh hearings.

Perhaps the Lord is letting things go as far as they can possibly go before giving us some semblance of national revival. That way it will mean more when our own strength has come to an end. I was saved in 1972 and from the very first prayer for the nation has been emphasized yet today so many years later we are at a much lower national ebb than ever before. It seems one side just can't concede it was dealt electoral setbacks. That is sort of confusing to me but not a faith wrecker. I'm just glad that people continue to be saved everyday and added to the church here and worldwide.

"but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand." (Daniel 12:10)

Maybe I'm grieved and a bit discouraged but I'm not lost. The word has told us beforehand what we are seeing.

2018/9/28 19:27Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: A great national wound

Brother David,
Your title interests me as I’ve observed a similar circumstance....
As I see it there is indeed a “National Wound” and it needs to finally be addressed in a straightforward fashion.
Much like a child whom after falling on their bicycle skinning their knee, has it cleaned and dressed by mom, finds out later that the reason it’s still so sore and tender is because it healed “over” not “up”.
The only solution is to effectively reinjure the wound, cleaning out any infection or scar tissue and removing the gravel causing the wound to not heal properly.
Our nation has a wound with lots of gravel still in it and tho through relatively increasingly prosperity it has healed “over” it never actually healed up and is now a festering mess of an infection. This is the result of hundreds of years of hurt, frustration, anger, fear, bitterness, anxiety, impropriety and injustice. This doesn’t seem to be in dispute so much as what to do about it...
( I would submit that the “gravel” in this scenario is people, entities whom profit immensely from sowing seeds of corruption, with a wide sphere of influence and near unlimited financial and media resources)
Honestly I believe it’ll get worse before it gets better but that is necessary as the “reinjury” process is not only scary but makes little sense to one who doesn’t follow the wisdom of the action. Just as a child would reel at the thought of even their mother reinjuring them and would with all they have,... resist. This is a logical and predictable response from their perspective.
Having said this, as the scriptures bear out, the opportunity for the ministry of Christ will abound:)
So we would do well to prepare ourselves for a bountiful harvest!
“The fields are ripe, but the workers are few,.. pray to the Lord of the harvest that He would send the workers”

2018/9/28 21:11Profile
docs

Re:

The festering sore has been lanced and is draining and is much infected and deeper than previously believed. Full of gravel as you say and sin and needing a very deep cleaning if it is to heal properly. Jezebellian spirits are running wild and using emasculated Ahabs to join them and do their bidding. It's a spiritual war for sure. Changes in attitudes and philosophies are not enough because that only changes one's mind. New hearts are needed and that only comes from one place. Perhaps this can turn out to be a Mordecai Haman type of situation where the gallows Haman prepared for others in the end bring about his own demise.

2018/9/30 14:25Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Ha! Indeed I see it as a comparable situation to Mordecai’s ....
in fact that was the reference in the last conversation I had on this subject earlier in the week.
Seems as though some (not you) didn’t consider how dirty of a job it would be or how far the enemy is willing to go to keep control/power.
It’s (for me) a David & Goliath scenario all over again.... tho we are small in comparison, our God is mighty:)))
1 Samuel 17:47 comes to mind and I believe He will once again show up and show out, so as to leave no doubt that it was by His hand -

2018/9/30 18:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy