SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mayday! Family troubles!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Mayday! Family troubles!

Folks,

My family is internally broken in so many pieces - some children are unbelievers, lack of unity among parents - outbursts of anger, which have been a reason for the enemy to speak evil of the Way and other issues as well.

This family is a family of minister. I've tried to speak with both parts, with my parents as well, with my brothers and sisters - it's not getting any better. In fact, it seems it becomes even worse. One of my brothers, I've heard was asking a man on the internet questions about spirituallity (seeking answers from this random man)... which worried me, because of the danger and deception of witchcraft.

I've been thinking of going to some elders and ask them of support in prayer? Do you think it would be appropriate to share the problems in my family, given the fact that they don't know anybody from my family except me?

Is there any hope?! Lord, help....!!!!!

2018/9/13 15:47Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Mayday! Family troubles!

Read 2 Timothy 3:1-5....I really think we’re living in those times right now today. I’ve oftened wondered since this is scripture, can prayer really help change what scripture says will happen?

2018/9/13 15:56Profile
docs

Yes there is hope. There may not be immediate answers to these problems but the Lord can carry these burdens though that is always said than done. I think it might help to approach elders and share with some of them your burdens. They have likely been around the block more than once and at times I've gone to spiritual leaders for help and advice and came away thankful that I went. These same type of afflictions weigh down many and Christ ever lives to make intercession for us.

Blessings.

2018/9/13 19:55Profile
passerby

"We ought to have charity for all men but familiarity with all is not expedient."- Tomas a Kempis

Even the founding fathers in the bible, say Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, or King David had family nightmares.

We do not know why, but this could be a lingering burden for times ahead, that you have to learn to bear silently in God, trusting in His eternal mercies with prayers and repeated prayers._And when prayer becomes unspeakable then let the heart speak through fasting, for the Lord hears the cries of of His children.

In the care of God, let troubles be, and not lose hope. Our family is our treasure. In times of seeming irreconcilability, let grace & loving-kindness prevail. Let communication & courtesy remain.

2018/9/13 22:08Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Takeup...please clarify

"This family is a family of minister."

What does that sentence mean?

A family of A minister;
or a family of minister(s)?
Or a family that ministers?

Thanks

2018/9/14 11:20Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

TakeUpTheCross, I can relate.

One of my brothers has track marks on his arm nearly every time I see him (from injecting heroin). My other brother has cancer and actually was an ordained minister for some time, though I suspect he is still unsaved. My uncle is deeply into the occult via transcendental meditation. 2 of my cousins are homosexual.

I am deeply grieved by these situations, but I know there is always hope. There is hope for your family too. Never stop praying for them.

2018/9/14 12:39Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

@Gloryandgrace

My father is pastor. There are many things at home that are not as they should be.

I don't want to go into details. I know all of us made mistakes at certain point but I hang on the verse: "a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again".

And especially my unbelieving brothers are reminding over and over again what he's done wrong. Anger, quarrels, disobedience follow. Dad and mom, as far as I know don't pray together except in church. Have different opinion on some issues, which leads to further divisions (and that makes things really tough when it comes to 'upbringing' of the children, discipline.

Dad is not right in all aspects for sure, neither mom is. I've tried to point out where I think, they are doing wrong but as a kid, I have relatively small chance of changing someone's character / counsel my parents. I'm trying and striving to keep a loving relationship with BOTH of my parents. I don't want to speak disrespectfully of them, even when they have done wrongs.

I mean... I still honour them as my parents.

I would perhaps never be able to bring my parents to speak about that with other elders. Practically there is only one brother in the church, co-pastor. And dad does not have very close fellowship with other elders / pastors. Under 'very close' I mean - to meet one with another, to pray together etc.

And I don't know what to do except prayer and fasting. I am tired of all these strifes! I asked the question just because I fear that if I tell other elders (here abroad) of the problem in my family, that it may result in a greater division or it may be seen of others as 'speaking evil of brethren'.

2018/9/14 13:43Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: Mr. Bill

I know of 2 Timothy 3.

If there is division on the line "We follow Christ" - We don't follow Christ, I can understand that. It's easy to draw the line there.

But if it is between spouses, where both of them believe and actually still it is not like Ephesians 5? If it's between Christian children and Christian parents - that's heartbreaking...

2018/9/14 13:59Profile
luv

Well I'm just personally not so sure about that question but how about here Elder's what say ye?

I would continue as you are to believe the good Lord is hearing your heart cry over your family & that you be his instrument in His ways.
God bless you for caring enough to share. I speak a greater measure of faith be upon you & His sweet peace in the midst of this storm be with you & an anointing over your silent prayers on your family's behalf. Steady as you go & he will hear your humble cries. And love them as much as you are able. Spread His sweet love over them. I'll pray he shows you how. The smallest anointed appointed divine acts of love.
Keep shooting your arrows of prayer. They're bound to hit the mark.

2018/9/15 2:22Profile
luv

Well I'm just personally not so sure about that question but how about here Elder's what say ye?

I would continue as you are to believe the good Lord is hearing your heart cry over your family & that you be his instrument in His ways.
God bless you for caring enough to share. I speak a greater measure of faith be upon you & His sweet peace in the midst of this storm be with you & an anointing over your silent prayers on your family's behalf. Steady as you go & he will hear your humble cries. And love them as much as you are able. Spread His sweet love over them. I'll pray he shows you how. The smallest anointed appointed divine acts of love.
Keep shooting your arrows of prayer. They're bound to hit the mark.

2018/9/15 2:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy