SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Jesus alone is life. Jesus alone is life!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Jesus alone is life. Jesus alone is life!

"I said, “Live or die, if I had a thousand hearts to give, Lord, they should all be Thine.” How did it come about? Why, by getting acquainted with Jesus. You won’t really love Him until you know Him, but, oh, how you love Him when you know Him! “And this is life eternal…” is to know Him, because to know Jesus is different from knowing a human being. You know your Life. And as you get to know Him, you find out that He is really your “All and in all.” He is God’s righteousness, and holiness, and redemption. He is all you need, thank God! He gives you “beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for the spirit of heaviness.” He gives you Himself for your self.

...it pleased God, not only that all fullness should dwell in Jesus Christ, but that all the fullness of God should dwell in you. Oh, the eternal purpose of God is going to be fulfilled in those who love Jesus Christ, in those that make Him their own! That’s the mystery of the Gospel

Do I have to have Him? Well, He’s got to have me. He’s purchased me with His own blood. But you’ve got the name that you live, and you’re dead. Either that or we’re “alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” And he says, “Do you love Me? Lovest thou me?” and “If you love Me, keep My commandments.” And how can I keep His commandments? I can only keep them as He comes to “work in me that which is well pleasing in His sight.” He comes, substituting His own divine nature for my fallen, defiled, corrupt nature. “Ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.” Oh, what a lovership! What a marvelous Lover my God has provided for my poor soul! Beloved, it’s so beyond the power of human words to express it that it takes the Holy Ghost to make it clear…

Jesus alone is life. Jesus alone is life! And He is “the Way,” and He is “the Truth,” and He is “All and in all.” And He comes; He says, “You’ve left your first love.” Oh, how it grieves His heart, how it grieves His heart when that heart is not altogether in love with Him.

His nature is a divine nature. His love never fails. His joy never ceases flowing. His peace “passeth all understanding,” thank God! His righteousness is greater than the righteousness of scribes and Pharisees. And Jesus comes. He says, “Come on, open up. I’ll come in. I will come in.” Who wants him? That’s the great question: do you want Jesus? …

And wherever I go, I find there is a going back, a losing out, getting interested in a thousand and one things—spiritual things, spiritual intentions, great movements, and all that. And Jesus Christ is outside. But listen, when He comes in, there may not be the success that you seek, but there will be fruit that will abide forever. Oh, there will be that life of God and that Kingdom of God manifested through you and in you and by you. And above all, it will not reflect credit on you. You will not seek the approbation of men, but God will be glorified."

- Hans Waldvogel

2018/9/10 13:59Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Jesus alone is life. Jesus alone is life!

Beautiful indeed!

2018/9/10 23:43Profile
cup

Re: Jesus alone is life. Jesus alone is life!

You wrote

"Do I have to have Him? Well, He’s got to have me. He’s purchased me with His own blood. But you’ve got the name that you live, and you’re dead. Either that or we’re “alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” And he says, “Do you love Me? Lovest thou me?” and “If you love Me, keep My commandments.” And how can I keep His commandments? I can only keep them as He comes to “work in me that which is well pleasing in His sight.” He comes, substituting His own divine nature for my fallen, defiled, corrupt nature. “Ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.” Oh, what a lovership! What a marvelous Lover my God has provided for my poor soul! Beloved, it’s so beyond the power of human words to express it that it takes the Holy Ghost to make it clear…"

AMEN!!!

2018/9/11 19:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy