SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The movie Operation Finale (edited)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

The movie Operation Finale (edited)

I saw it yesterday after church with a friend of mine. It is about the capture of Adolph Eichman in Argentina after the war. It's just a little slow in places but maybe because it's more of a pyschological drama than a high adventure movie but it does have high adventure in its plot. The Jews who captured him, all who had lost someone in the holocaust, had to live in a house with him for 10 days before they were able to smuggle him out to Israel on a plane and they didn't enjoy the 10 days to say the least.

2018/9/3 12:43Profile
savannah

Re: The movie Operation Finale

Q1. Why should christians see such a movie?

Q2. Is this forum's purpose to promote movies by (MGM) Metro Goldwyn Mayer to christians?

Q3. Is it not an un-holy-wood and anti-christ production?

Q4. Don't christians in america have better things to do after church on Sunday?

Just asking! Members need not reply.

2018/9/3 14:07Profile
docs

Re:

/Q1. Why should Christians see such a movie?/

I guess probably because they want to go and see a movie that they think might be interesting to watch and entertaining. The movie covers a pretty important event in Jewish history and I am interested in the Jewish people and their history and future. I inadvertently left out anything about Jewish history but I assumed folks know about Eichman and the events of World War II.

/Q2. Is this forum's purpose to promote movies by (MGM) Metro Goldwyn Meyer for Christians?/

???

I don't know who made them but I went to see "Chariots of Fire" once and could recommend it. I saw "Schindler's List" several years ago. I remember that movie about the Christian Wilberforce who was instrumental in abolishing slavery. And some months ago I saw "The Zookeeper's Wife" about zoo owners who rescued hundreds of Jews in World War II by hiding them in their Berlin zoo. I want to see "I Can Only Imagine." I don't go to movies much but make it to one once in a while. I wonder who made "The Ten Commandments" and "Ben Hur?"

/Q3. Is it not an un-holy-wood and anti-Christ production?/

I didn't feel the antichrist breathing down my neck while watching the movie nor any of those movies above. Maybe some folks just react in different ways.

/Q4. Don't Christians in America have anything better to do after church on Sunday./

So you've made my business and Sunday afternoon activities your business? Gee, I go to a movie every once in a great while and just thought I would share a tid bit about a pretty good one I saw this last Sunday afternoon and now I'm seen as taking part with the antichrist.

/Just asking! Members need not reply./

Well, since you ended your remarks on a smart alec note for the sake of a purposeful rub I'll just let your remarks speak for themselves as to your overall attitude.

Blessings.

2018/9/4 0:07Profile
savannah

Re: business and pleasure

docs wrote,

"So you've made my business and Sunday afternoon activities your business?"

NO, I have not. You have made your business and Sunday afternoon my business, and everyone elses, by posting it on a public forum.

And certainly, all may, "go and see a movie that they think might be interesting to watch and entertaining, because they want to."

And, I'll add, that they may even post it on a public forum making it everyone's business.

And, I'll add, some folks may react in different ways if they want to.

So...it's all good!

Carry on mate.

2018/9/4 6:25Profile
docs

Re:

Doesn't work for me. I was just sharing with other here a bit about a movie I saw and you go so far as to bring up the antichrist.

/Do Christians have anything better to do after Church on Sunday afternoon/?

What if they do go to Church on a Sunday afternoon? What sin have they committed so as to be judged by you? Perhaps all were not offended that I made quick mention of a movie. I meant nothing at all.

This is a classic case of "religiously" making a mountain out of an ant hill. Maybe next time if I recommend a good movie I'll add this is for everyone except Savannah.

2018/9/4 8:09Profile
dougr777

Re:

Phil 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Read Romans 14

Brothers... stop.

"Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."

2018/9/4 9:58Profile
savannah

Re: never did care for ants

"Maybe next time if I recommend a good movie I'll add this is for everyone except Savannah."

You certainly may do so if it'd make you feel better!

I certainly would not be offended.

2018/9/4 10:08Profile
jochbaptist

Re: The movie Operation Finale (edited)

Thx Docs
Sounds like an interesting movie.
Will check it out.
Maybe on a Monday evening. Half price night. 👍

2018/9/4 17:37Profile
docs

Re:

Cool.

Just sort of on a last minute lark of an idea my friend and I caught the cheaper early matinee on Sunday. I got to ride in a open air motorcycle sidecar for the first time as my friend from church drove his nice motorcycle with the sidecar attached. Wind blowing in my face etc. was fun.

Hope you enjoy. Not the best movie ever but not bad at all.

2018/9/4 18:34Profile
savannah

Re: cool

Why not instant message each other with the details of your daily life, or share it with each other on Facebook!

Why not reserve the SI forum for the purpose it was launched by Greg in the beginning!

Like...hey...what movie you gonna go see next weekend?

Or, hey...btw, what'd you have for dinner tonight?

Well...since you asked...I had frogs legs along with a piece of cow's tongue! How bout you?

I went out to the Smorgasbord, and boy did I get a stomach ache!

TTYL - Let me know what you're having for breakfast!

2018/9/4 22:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy