SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Modesto Manifesto - Christian men and husbands should not drive Uber / Lyft

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougr777

The Modesto Manifesto - Christian men and husbands should not drive Uber / Lyft

Since April of this year I started driving "Rideshare" (Uber) to support my family in between work and I wanted to share what the Lord showed me.

As a Christian man and a husband I believe that this is dangerous on many levels. While there are the inherent risks with transporting strangers, thankfully I never had any issues with passengers wanting to cause me harm and I actually had some enjoyable conversations with some great people. About 5% of my passengers I would consider challenging on a personal level.

I shared with my wife all of my rides, riders and experiences and many times I would drive overnight and the 12am-3am riders were not the best.

I finally thought, this is not right and while I need the money to provide for my family right now, there are to many risks to the benefits, if there are any except money to pay bills.

I was recalling the Modesto Manifesto that Billy Graham had that he would not eat, travel or be alone with another female besides his wife so there was no risk to his reputation and walk with the Lord regarding sexual sin. I have decided to trust the Lord and look for new work to provide for my family.

I realized that I need to follow the same and decided that the risks involved with my spouse and the Lord were to high were someone could falsely accuse me of something that never happened.

I wanted to share this with any brothers who are or may consider driving rideshare work with Uber/Lyft and to consider this before starting.

~ Doug

2018/9/3 11:36Profile
savannah

Re: The Modesto Manifesto - Christian men and husbands should not drive Uber / Lyft

The Modesto Manifesto is a wise ethical document indeed.

I'd encourage any man reading this, or who is familiar with this, to hold to it.

It must be so, due to fathers and husbands abdicating their role of protection and provision for their wife and daughters.

These remedial measures must be taken, since the preventive measures have been aborted.

I applaud your holding to such convictions Doug! As I've adopted the same.

Praise be to our Holy God!

2018/9/3 12:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy