SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : If soul survivor, Hillsong are successful why is there is an absence of millennials

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

If soul survivor, Hillsong are successful why is there is an absence of millennials

The church that I grew up near was near matt redmans church. The soul survivor and passion movements have had thousands of Christians go through them but there just seems an absence of millennials in the church.

I am trying to find the statistics but all the entertainment and other fads in the U.K. have left churches by 2040 or even 2030 when the baby boomers die of, the church is tiny in the U.K. and people are hardened to the gospel due to the teaching about religion in schools and nominal Christianity

Not unless god does something we will be an Islamic nation in the U.K..

It is hard to think of how many people who have been through so called Christian programs and rejected Christ

What will the church be like in 2030

2018/9/2 14:06Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: If soul survivor, Hillsong are successful why is there is an absence of millennia

Dominic, you can receive what I'm about to say or reject it (either way you're still my brother):

I believe with all my heart there will be one last outpouring of God's Spirit, a super-Pentecost, if you will, all around the world, and then Jesus will return.

I for one will not sit down, give up, and start lamenting how much ground the devil is gaining. Jesus said the gates of hell will never prevail against the church, and I believe it. The time is ripe for revival.

Of course when I look at churches and see the deadness I grieve over it; I believe every saint does. But there has to come a point where we start to believe God will move in our generation, no matter what the circumstances look like.

2018/9/2 20:12Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I agree with you , we need a revival

2018/9/3 7:08Profile
jrgquirino

Orange County, CA

Re:

Brother Nigel Holland,

Dominic Shiells made a good point. It makes me wonder of the church in 2030 also.

First and foremost, Mat. 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
I believe in another great outpouring to come also. however this does not remove this scripture from being true. It deals with the coming of Jesus and the Judgement.

There will be lamentations for many reasons during this time of out pouring like the increase of sin, the increased work of the enemy, the suffering church, false prophets and teachers, etc. until the coming of Jesus.
Rev. 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

2018/9/4 10:44Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Dom: I get what youre saying in the O.P., but the reasoning behind it will not hold up.

We don't know how many God has saved and if they are truly saved maybe they found the worship insufficient and moved on? Or...
maybe they moved to other congregations or it could be that within the masses the truly born of God believers were only a percentage and they've gone on to do other things.

It's difficult to judge accurately where millennials are because if we judge by numbers we already know we cannot account properly for the true sheep.

methinks these type of assertions lead to a false report or an evil condemnation of things we have not yet seen as God sees.

I recognize falsehoods abound and so do exploiters in various forms, but God's grace also abounds more and so his message is not weak, nor is the Church without it's salt and light.

Time and time again down through history when the Church was small it was small because God purposed it for a time.
There is nothing stopping God from outpouring his Spirit on the UK, there is nothing keeping God from bringing a massive revival. Yes we play a part, but we are foolish to think we are the key, we are the answer. We are not the key or the answer. God knows very well whom he will save and whom he will not.

We cannot by our will command the revival to come, we wait upon God who according to his plan and purpose brings forth the fruit from our prayers and patience.

We do not know that God may send a revival in 2019 and our wringing of hands over 2030's dark forecasters is a patent waste of time...and a mark of unbelief.

Let us look forward unto Jesus, who in his time and his own way will add to the Church. I want to be a part of that, I by the grace of God will be a part of it.

As I have always said, God's judgments, his chastisement's of the Church and his wrath upon the wicked are contained in no 7 year box, God is at work always in the world and always at work in us. This very day, this very hour God has judged some men and upon others bestowed abundant mercy. Our sadness over the dreary horizon of ungodly men must take on a different form. One of crying and sighing over the abomination of the wicked. Or, we pray and interceded for the wicked that they might find Jesus and Gods great mercies. Either way prayers and patience are in order, refuse the evil report and the depressing 'giants are in the land and we are as grasshoppers' mentality.

The state and numbers of the Church is Jesus business, he started with 12 men; with them the world was turned upside down...even while the world killed them by the thousands and thousands. So it has been and so it shall be until the end when Jesus returns and the whole world will see whom God has loved and made his own and who died as enemies by the hands of avenging angels.

2018/9/10 16:20Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

What’s supposed to happen in 2030?

2018/9/10 18:29Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

The reason is in most church by 2030 or 2040 most of the baby boomers who make up the church would have passed onto glory , if you do a survey of the churches in England the distinct group that is lacking is millennials
My problem is most of this group has been through bible camps , they have been through camps like soul survivor and I am saying where is the fruit
AS I have run across people who have gone to these groups and become atheist

With the large Muslim population England will become a very Muslim country which is scary by 2030 or 2040 it already is

Not unless a revival happens, if you go onto churches like Hillsong and others they do not preach a true gospel but a social and a prosperity gospel

Not unless a true revival happens England is lost

2018/9/11 7:18Profile
staff

Re:

Hi
I am firmly with Drifter here,there will be no doubt in my mind a final outpouring before Christ's return.I think its biblical and exciting.However before the last time Christ came there was a dry period of a few hundred years and it looks like we are going through a dry period now,staff

2018/9/11 16:00Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Might I suggest that saints read about past revivals to stir up their faith.

Right now I'm reading "Great Revivals" by Colin Whittaker. Another good title is "I Saw The Welsh Revival" by David Matthews.

2018/9/12 13:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy