SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Chinese Police Dynamite Christian Megachurch

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Chinese Police Dynamite Christian Megachurch

HONG KONG — Chinese police officers demolished one of the country’s largest evangelical churches this week, using heavy machinery and dynamite to raze the building where more than 50,000 Christians worshiped.

The Golden Lampstand Church in Shanxi Province was one of at least two Christian churches demolished by the authorities in recent weeks, part of what critics describe as a national effort to regulate spiritual life in China.

Under President Xi Jinping, the government has destroyed churches or removed their steeples and crosses as part of a campaign that reflects the Communist Party’s longstanding fear that Christianity, viewed as a Western philosophy, is a threat to the party’s authority.

read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/world/asia/china-church-dynamite.html

2018/8/22 18:59Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Chinese Police Dynamite Christian Megachurch

Thank you, Brother Greg, I will keep Christians in China up in prayer.

For all who reads: Don't think that you are safe in any country. There is a time coming when ALL Christians will be under persecution.

On August 21st, the Lord spoke to me saying;

Draw closer to God and He Will Protect You.

James 4:8

Come close to God, and God will come close to you.
Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts,
for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

Psalm 91:4

He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

2018/9/4 15:08Profile
Citadel59

Re:

If I'm not mistaken, the Chinese government is cracking down on all religions, the same thing is happening in the western Xinjiang province where Muslims are forced to reject their "political mental illness", eat pork and drink alcohol.

Let us hope that Chinese communism follows the path of the Soviet one and that a thriving Christian community will grow from the ashes of the godless dictature.

2018/9/25 13:25Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

China is a technological police state. I thought North Korea was bad; China is George Orwell's "1984" in real life.

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eViswN602_k&lc=z234jxqrfmfkthu3hacdp430pwqwzz0jw5zojmmafqpw03c010c

2018/9/26 12:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy