SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Would You Consider Abortion in These Four Situations?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Would You Consider Abortion in These Four Situations?

[b]Would You Consider Abortion in These Four Situations?[/b]

Battle Cry - Issue Date: January/February 1999

1. There is a preacher and wife who are very, very poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she is pregnant with her 15th. They are living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. The first is blind, the second is dead. The third is deaf and the fourth has TB. The mother finds she is pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you recommend abortion?

3. A man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She is not married. Her fiancee is not the father of the baby, and he is very upset. Would you recommend an abortion?

If you have answered “yes” to any of these situations:

In the first case you would have killed John Wesley, one of the great evangelists of the 19th century.

In the second case, you would have killed Beethoven.

In the third case you would have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

In the fourth case you would have recommended the murder of Jesus Christ.

With U. S. abortion deaths topping 30 million, only God knows what we have sacrificed in lost human talent and creativity.

Powerful!

RT

2005/7/1 19:13Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re: Would You Consider Abortion in These Four Situations?

Scripture teaches that God is the Author of life - the One who opens and closes the womb.

There are no "chance" pregnancies.

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/7/1 19:28Profile

Re: The horror of abortion....

...produces the same thing that happened when Cain killed Able. Not only did Cain killed Able, but he also slew all the potential decendents of Able as well. This is what happens when abortion is committed as well. So how many potential humans will not be born because we allow baby murder? God only knows. How many does it take before the bloods cry out, just like Able's did? It is a horrific crime to murder the innocent.

In Him,

Lahry

2005/7/1 20:16
dohzman

I like your question and following answer/observation with historical refrence.
It would seem in this day and age what we see so often coming from the liberal news media and Holleywood is that very question you askked in the begining. They take and extreme situation and place it in a lovely setting and manipulate the masses to side with them by degrees , while at the same time undermining the very morals that support our values and by that they taint our judgements. They'll have much to answer for in the soon coming days as the door of oppurnity slowly closes in repentance for many.

2005/7/1 23:05Profile

Well, [i]this[/i] is a hot potato! Let's get real....

What is the Christian counsel you give

1) to the person who is now coming to Christ... How should they view an abortion they had in the past because they were under the age of consent and it was arranged for them with little consultation of their wishes and absolutely no option to keep the baby offered. They were enabled to continue education, now have a good job and have loved every minute of the freedom which being childless has afforded them? Incidentally, her parents [i]are[/i] Christians. (Remember, you are speaking to her, not them.)

2) to the Christian who is being advised to have an abortion for other than health reasons to herself?

3) to the to the Christian [i]or[/i] the non-Christian who is being advised to have an abortion in order to save her own life?

4) to the Christian father whose wife may die if she doesn't 'lose the baby'?

5) to a father-to-be whose wife wants to take the option of abortion she's been given, because the baby is going to be seriously disabled?

6) [u]to a minor[/u], the child of a Christian family, who finds he's going to be a dad, unless the girl has an abortion. Her family are not Christians, their daughter is young and they don't want her to have the baby.

Please identify which scenario you are answering.

2005/7/2 7:21
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

Scenario 1:
It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict her of sin. I would tell her to ask God about it - if God reveals to her that she could have done something, and she feels convicted therefore that she is guilty of that murder, then she would need to confess that to the Lord.

Scenario 2:
I would explain to her from scripture that God has already made a person inside her, and that murdering this child is not only a crime against her own progeny, but more importantly is a sin against God. I would also show her how really she was being selfish - and willing to kill her own child in order to be so.

Scenario 3
I would first determine if the mother's life were really in danger. This particular scenario is all but eliminated in the first world. If her doctor was couselling her in this direction, I would tell her to get another opinion.

Scenario 4
Again, as in Scenario three - this is not a realistic scenario in our day and age. I would advise the father to do a bit of research in the matter, then find another doctor.

Scenario 5:
I would counsel the father-to-be to use every effort to convince his wife that murder is still murder even if one is ending the life of a person with disabilities. I would also remind him that frequently these tests are wrong, and healthy babies are needlessly murdered. If you despise a fool, you despise the God who made him.

Scenario 6
I would counsel the minor to encourage the mother-to-be to have the baby, since conspiring to murder is murder in the heart. I would explain to the minor that God, being the Author of life and the one who opens and closes the womb, has not made a mistake in allowing the young man and women to reap the seed that is planted. Whether the boy intends to take responsibility for his actions or not, murder is never an option.

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/7/2 7:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
Scenario 3
I would first determine if the mother's life were really in danger. This particular scenario is all but eliminated in the first world. If her doctor was couselling her in this direction, I would tell her to get another opinion.

dann,

Got to admit I don't have recent statistics, but, heart disease used to be the commonest health condition which would put a woman's life at risk through pregnancy, for which there is not necessarily a medical intervention which would make pregnancy safe. Bear in mind, sometimes in these cases, the mother dies soon after the birth and [i]nothing[/i] can be done to save her. These days, one would hope her heart condition was known before the pregnancy. This might also apply to some women who have had corrective heart surgery as children themselves.

There are other modern conditions of viral origin which mean a pregnancy might not be an option. I suppose, these days, in such cases, a couple might consider surgical sterilisation, but, if one is hoping for healing, this would be rather radical.

Psychiatric conditions may also have a bearing in this scenario.

In all cases where a reason to [i]not[/i] be pregnant is known, one hopes every effort is made to avoid it, but still, contraception has a failure rate, however low.

In asking the question, I did not wish to bring the medical profession into question, the scenario was set for it to be answered as if these are the facts. This woman WILL die if she has the baby. How do you counsel her husband?

2005/7/2 9:22
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

I may be off, but i think it's dangerous to ask quetions like this. I don't believe that there is any way to TRULY know what you would say to any of the people in theses situations. We can be trained to respond a certin way, but training may fail when "pregnant female" goes from a statstic to your best friend. As far as the counseling part goes, God will help us find the words, if or (God forbid) when any of these situations confront you. just my opinon....don;t take this as a rebuke just food for thought.

2005/7/2 11:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Dorcas, as a Christian who has worked in the pro-life movement for 15 years and have counseled many pro-abortion minded women, I think I can give you some answers based on our experiences.

#1: Sin is still sin regardless of the circumstances. Unless you treat this incident as sin, there is no hope for the individual you just mentioned because there would be no healing that comes from forgiveness. Confession of sin and repentence will result in forgiveness and healing for the grief this girl will expeience when she relizes the extent of her sin. AND the girl got pregnant by having sex. Whether she was raped or whether it was consensual, makes no difference.

#2: I have asked many females who were wanting to have an AB this question: "What in your mind is an abotion?" They say, with very few exceptions; "It is killing a baby!" Dorcas, these women know it is wrong, they have told me so but think God will make an exception in their case!

#3: For the one who is advised to have an Ab for health reasons: the experts will tell you such a scenario rarely happens. Many have been advised to abort for 'health' reasons - for either her or the child - and because of conscience reasons, refused. They committed their lives into the hand of the giver of life and came through the pregnancy well. Our daughter, Regina, conceived after she got a brain tumor which complicated the doctors ability to treat her. At thirty weeks the baby was born by c-section because she was dying. Both survived the procedure well. She died over nine months later. I asked the doctor if she would have aborted the child early on if that would have increased the probability of her survival and he said "no".

Then the question is asked "what about a tubal pregnancy?" The mother is hemorrhaging and now the doctor will remove the offending zygote and repair the fallopian wall. This is a non-issue because you do not have here a viable fetus and both are dying, the mother and the zygote/fetus.

#4:see above.

#5:This is one of the facts of life - not all will be born normal. But the deformed child is no less a human being then the normal one. And doctors have been wrong in predicting the child's health. I know of cases where the patient took the physician's advice and got an 'therapeutic" abortion and the baby was normal. Talk about some angry people!!!! I advised them to sue the doctor for malpractice because he did this to others. But the trauma was so severe they did not want to relieve it which would happen if they would be called to testify. BTW: we wondered whether he was selling baby parts.... Oh, and I do have a grandson who has Down's syndrome.

Now you have situations in which the fetus really is deformed and its ability to live outside the womb is nil. Why not let nature take its course? We had a family in our church who followed the advice of their physician to have the child 'taken' because it was in a trauma, knowing the probability to live was very small. Later, this couple regretted what they allowed themselves to be talked into. She experienced severe grief, sorrow and guilt. Letting nature take its course is the best.

#6:This happens all the time. Abortion is still killing and a sin. If the family would be too traumatized, there is always the option of adoption. Many will object saying, "if I go through nine months of pregnancy, I can not give my child up for adoption!" Then I say, "so you would rather kill it?" "Yes!" is their reply.

What about rape victims? One of my rape victims told me it is grossly unfair to punish/kill a child for the behavior of someone else! True, and if you find it too difficult to keep the baby, go to a reliable adoption agency and let them find an adoptive family for the child. To adopt your child out will require a lot of grace from the LORD but it has been done.

Abortion appears like an easy way out for tough situations. But this is a lie. Abortions never solves problems; it creates problems greater then the woman ever imagined, although these problems may not be apparent at the moment, the laws of spiritual life are that they may surface up to twenty years after the fact.

In many - not all - situations in which a crises pregnacy occurs there is some other sins involved: like adultery or fornication. (Even married women may have stepped out on their husband, unknown to him...now insist on aborting because she is afraid of the child parentage, more so if the father is of a different race). Many females are hooking up with mere acquaintences, do not even like the male and then when they conceive, hate the child and will abort for no other reason then they just DO NOT WANT THE BABY!

I would suggest that when a female finds herelf in a crises pregnancy, to find a Crises Pregnancy Center and go in for counseling. Although most counselors are volunteers, not professionals, we were required to keep abreast of the latest developments that impacted the pregnant woman. And our purpose there is to help. After being there 15 years I have heard every horror story imaginable and then some unimaginable. This is why I am so thankful for the work of the cross and how it cleanses, redeems fallen peoples. Nothing is too hard for the LORD IF one submits to its cleansing.

It should also be noted that since abortion has become wide spread, the divorce rate has gone through the roof. The old people used to say when people fornicate before marriage, they are liable to cheat on their spouses after they marry. Hence, a rise in the divorce rate.

What do you think?

Blessings,
Ginnyrose

2005/7/2 23:26Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

I believe my Hero would answer with this, First answer me this question; when is murder not murder? We must have an answer as to what is our HOPE. we must first have the answer to give an answer. Work it out someone will ask, if not here then somewhere else. Find your answer, the Holy Spirit will give you one if you ask. Prayer ,Prayer,Prayer

2005/7/3 16:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy