SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the church a body or a lecture theatre

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Is the church a body or a lecture theatre

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body

In the church it seems the same each week, fellowship is few and far between , we tend to listen to a lecture and not actually grew in our faith.

I have been so struggling as it was the fellowship in the early church where they discussed things like doctrine where are missing

How many times have you been invited to your pastors house or how many times have you been invited round another brethrens house.

Churches have become like cinemas and less like places where the presence of God dwells

I find it so hard to think of the body as the body of Christ as so much of the church is disabled and there is no foundation in doctrine , I look at the church in the west and where is the true church ?

2018/8/14 15:08Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Is the church a body or a lecture theatre

I am so sorry, Dominic
I do not have words of comfort except to relate to you my own experience.
I came to this same realization about 9 years ago, and God showed me that He is not in the church anymore, but He also ignited in my heart a hope for revival, for His return..
I can not really share this hope with anyone in my church, have often tried to but no interest.
All I can tell you is you must feed yourself with hope and walk with God alone. You don't have to leave your local fellowship but don't count on that to be fed.

Read books, listen to stories of God's moves in the past, develop a burden and ask Him to do it again.

Come on the prayer call sermonindex puts on every Monday evening if you can.

2018/8/14 15:38Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Dominic, can I give you some advice?

There are many people in the church who feel like you do; they are not part of the "in" crowd, they feel like they don't fit in anywhere. People with disabilities, the handicapped feel marginalized, like no one listens to them. Single people feel left out.

Why not go to the people everyone else ignores and befriend them?

2018/8/14 15:48Profile
savannah

Luke 17:7-10

But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say to him by and by, when he is come from the field'Come at once and take your place at table,' and will not rather say to him, 'Get my dinner ready, make yourself tidy, and wait upon me till I have finished my dinner, and then you shall have yours'? Does he thank the servant for obeying his orders? So you also, when you have obeyed all the orders given you, must say, "'There is no merit in our service: what we have done is only what we were in duty bound to do.'"

"People talk of the sacrifice I have made in spending so much of my life in Africa. Can that be called a sacrifice which is simply paid back as a small part of a great debt owing to our God, which we can never repay? Is that a sacrifice which brings its own blest reward in healthful activity, the consciousness of doing good, peace of mind, and a bright hope of a glorious destiny hereafter? Away with the word in such a view and with such a thought! It is emphatically no sacrifice. Say, rather, it is a privilege. Anxiety, sickness, suffering, or danger, now and then, with a foregoing of the common conveniences and charities of this life, may make us pause, and cause the spirit to waver, and the soul to sink; but let this be only for a moment. All these are nothing when compared with the glory which shall hereafter be revealed in and for us. I never made a sacrifice. Of this we ought not to talk, when we remember the great sacrifice which He made who left His Father's throne on high to give Himself for us."
- Dr. Livingstone

2018/8/14 17:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy