SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wrath against the body of Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
amajesticone

Massachusetts

Re:

Some things that stand out to me in Revelation regarding the saints.

In Revelation 13 when the beast is being worshipped by all whose names are not written in the Lamb's book of life, it is given to the beast to make war with the saints and overcome (kill) them, John writes "Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints."

And then in Revelation 14 an angel speaks about those who worship the beast and receive his mark will drink of the wine of the wrath of God which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger, John writes "Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus."

And then in Revelation 16 when the bowls of the wrath of God are being poured out, John writes ("Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his garments, lest he walk about naked and men see his shame.")

And then in Revelation 20 we read of "the souls of those who had been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshipped the beast or his image, and who had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they came to life [they were dead not raptured] and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead [believers and unbelievers] did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the FIRST Resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the FIRST Resurrection, over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Mary

2018/8/18 7:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Confer:

Rev 14:9-10 (If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and ***in the presence of*** the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.)- my emphasis

with:

1 Thess. 7-10 (and to give relief to you who are afflicted [d]and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, ***away from the presence of the Lord*** and from the glory of His power, when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed. --my emphasis

2018/8/18 8:28Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Chris: That was really well said, thanks for that explanation and another reason why I enjoy reading your posts.

2018/8/18 10:38Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I agree Marvin! I find this to be so true: “The biggest communication problem is that we don’t listen/read to understand. We listen/read to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

2018/8/18 10:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy