SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : On Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

Dear Allan and Jasmine,

I am not sure if I should be writing this, but I feel that if I don't, I will leave you both bloody and lying on the side of the road. Allan, there are things you have written that could be keys to what is hindering your healing.

This: "I wondered where that 80 per cent figure came from, but I got no response."
Sounds like bitterness.

This: "Besides myself, I also know several other true-hearted Christians who have, or had, very serious diseases. Some of them have died. There was no sin in their lives."
Is a lie.

There is bonafide sin in all of our lives. I could be sinning in writing this, even though I prayed, and feel so burdened to do it. But if I feel convicted later, I will go before the LORD and ask His forgiveness. And I will come to you and ask for yours as well.

Our problem is that our ways are not God's ways and we get stuck because we have determined something to be Truth when it is not, and therefore do not ask for forgiveness when we should. It is essential that we do not refrain from calling sin sin and that we remain open to the LORD showing us whatever He wants to bring forth.

God bless you, and keep you. I pray in Jesus name that He heals you both completely so that you would be totally free in His love.

2018/8/25 5:12Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I was actually healed when I was younger when no one was in the room, god does not need people.
Even thou I have been healed myself I have never seen people walk from wheelchairs or blind eyes open
I believe in miracles
I think the hardest person I struggle with is miracles on a personal level , I can believe god can heal everyone else but me and that he cares about everyone else but me

I hate it when churches focus on miracles rather than the bible.
The bible talks about the antichrist calling fire down from heaven and some cults do miracles.

As a Christian I do not like any of my Christian brethren suffering, pray that god heals u

2018/8/25 6:34Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Many, many years ago, my mother in law came to live with us. She had gone to the hospital - for a tumor I think - and they would not let her return to her home. It was not long before we could no longer hold her because she had developed shingles from a particular medication. New medication was prescribed. Not too long after that she became paranoid - again from medication - and thought we were trying to harm her. Her life became reduced to trying to sort the pills that she was no longer able to sort because of what they were doing to her. At some point she stopped taking the pills because she realized that they were not making her better - only worse.

When she died, she was being heavily medicated with morphine. Upon the recommendation of another I went in to view her body before they took it away, and I am so sorry that I did for the image of the terrible struggle that took place has been imbedded upon my mind all these years.

I was not saved at that time - even though I thought I was. I did not know how to share Jesus, for I did not have Him in my heart to share. Maybe if she had not been on the morphine someone might have been able to get through. Oh how I loved her - and no one can convince me that "she went to a better place" for the terror that I saw upon her face.

2018/8/25 16:42Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Heartsong:

Thanks for your concern, but no, what I wrote was not out of bitterness. I seek to keep my heart free from all bitterness. I was just perplexed as to why I received no response to my inquiry.

As to what I said about my Christian friends who died because of serious diseases, even though "there was no sin in their lives," this is not "a lie." I simply meant that there was no known or unconfessed sin in their lives. They lived clean lives before the Lord. If they happened to sin, they confessed it before the Lord and received His forgiveness.

I do the same.

2018/8/25 18:15Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Allan, I am sorry if I misunderstood, and pray that you would forgive me if I caused you any due concern.

2018/8/26 2:14Profile
HeartSong

Re:

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

2018/8/26 2:24Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Heartsong, that's okay, I wasn't offended. All is well.

2018/8/26 11:38Profile
passerby

Re:

Divine healing is a difficult topic to discuss especially in a diverse group like SI. We can be grateful however, to the provisions available for any healing needs we have, acknowledging that all good things come from the Lord.

By then, we do not need to be obsessed with guilt or doubt for whatever healing avenues we pursue. For us who have pentecostal backround, the decision whether we seek the help of a physician or not can be a really distressful situation which I guess should not be treated with judgmental attitude.

Regarding, the eighty percent Greg had said, I think he was talking of the sick people he actually came across.

2018/8/26 13:24Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Ministering to the sick:

One of the pitfall of zealous praying for the sick is "God did it this way before" pit. It's a pit because our intellects and soul get in the way of genuineness. Instead of initiating prayer with faith toward God and compassion toward the hurting, (those of us who have had our prayers answered and people healed) we start to analyze and formulate how God healed so-and-so. Unfortunately we come up with certain prayer 'statements' or moods, or specific verses we use. Now, the situation, the person is generally overlooked. Our spiritual discerning is turned-off, our focus on Jesus speaking and dealing with us and with those we are praying for has been misplaced by the strange idea that "This is the way Jesus always answers my prayers"

The failure lay in the idea that God must do things in a certain way from now on because he did them in a specific way in the past.
Since we are learning to be led of God and walk in the Spirit, God changes how he wants to do a healing, unless we are available to that shift/change we get a no answer.
Someone might ask..."Isnt God being picky, I thought he answered faith and all of this 'technical' introspection is really no answer"?
God is not being picky nor are we being 'technical' because we are learning how the Spirit of God ministers through us.
It's important to note that when we fall into routine, or a formula for our prayers in the area of healing we are in fact not putting our faith in Jesus but in the formula or our own precise wording or our mood and sense.

If God wants to tell someone "dip 7 times in the Jordan", he can do it that way. In our minds...the number 7 and Jordan combine to get the healing we desire. But upon easy scrutiny we find out 7 and Jordan were for reasons other than the healing itself.
how about Jesus putting mud on the eyes of the blind man? Shall we seek out the exact 'holy' mud? Since we have no access to Jesus spittle...I suppose no one can be healed of blindness?
I hope you can see what I am saying, to pursue mud, the Jordan or dipping 7 times is a waste of time and so likewise using some precise wording in our prayers, the right anointing oil, the right worship songs, the right situation and mood for yourself all steals the heart away from a direct dependence and listening to the Holy Spirit minister through you at that moment.

This and much more can be said as to how to minister by the Spirit of God. The quicker we recognize that God's method with this person may not in anyway be his method with the next. But we learn this errant teaching...not by the pastor per-se but by watching the healing lines on TV or in some Church and 'learn' that the Evangelist used the same words, the same slap of hands and the same sha ma ma ma tongue was used...so we conclude 'we too' can and should do the same thing. Well, God may honor it God may not, but I can assure you from my own failures in this area God's intention was never to care more for a 'methodology' than for the person being ministered to.

A great deal more healing would occur if a great deal more Christians would jettison all formulas and ask God to make us all available to exactly how he wants to minister then be obedient to that.

2018/8/28 14:07Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy