SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons :  Resurrection & The Holy Spirit: A Neglected Emphasis

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Resurrection & The Holy Spirit: A Neglected Emphasis

Resurrection & The Holy Spirit: A Neglected Emphasis
Ern Baxter:
http://lifemessenger.org/resurrection-the-holy-spirit-a-neglected-emphasis/

2018/6/24 17:25Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Resurrection & The Holy Spirit: A Neglected Emphasis

I do not think the holy spirit is neglected I think how people view the holy spirit as god is important , to people have forgotten the holy spirit is holy and most of what people call the holy spirit is not

2018/6/25 10:22Profile
leyoung

Re: Resurrection & The Holy Spirit: A Neglected Emphasis

Mike,

Just listened to Ern Baxter, whom I had never heard.
(I've been regenerate or alive in Christ for 43 years now,
having been born again and baptized in water and the Holy Spirit in 1977,
having been an ignorant, but Spirit filled believer falling into many doctrinal errors in many denominational churches but always going back into the Word of God for correction and relying upon the Holy Spirit to lead me.
Still, often falling into false teaching because of ignorance of church history and unsound theological teachings, experiencing the wide spectrum of events and teachings in the last century and this!

That being said, I had nearly twisted myself into a pretzel not knowing the left from the right, the up from the down with the unbelievable amount of information released into the church. Everything has been going in one ear and out the other for about ten years now, while hopefully walking with the Lord in my small area of influence.

I have cried out to God for clarity and understanding for so long. My prayer has been "How long, O Lord?"

So, that being said I listened to Ern Baxter, (whom Im sure would not want his status elevated) and he made clear some things that have had me all tied up in theological knots and thus kept me from moving forward in the life of Christ. CLARITY started to come as brother Baxter, spoke about Resurrection and the Holy Spirit. The log jam in my mind started to dissipate.

Thank you for being a conduit for this message, Mike. I can only testify that this clarity was an answer from God to me and hopefully others. It gave me a massive push out of being theologically stuck.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the gifts you have given men. We need one another in this age of great knowledge without wisdom. We need your resurrection life, the written Word and the Holy Spirit and love for one another. Keep us, Lord and bind us together in your Truth, Your Way and Your Life.

Les

2018/6/25 13:03Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

“Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the gifts you have given men. We need one another in this age of great knowledge without wisdom. We need your resurrection life, the written Word and the Holy Spirit and love for one another. Keep us, Lord and bind us together in your Truth, Your Way and Your Life. “

Les,

I am so glad that Ern Baxter’s teaching was shared at a time that you were crying out to God, and the Holy Spirit will always illuminate the Word of God to those that are seeking truth.

Sent from my iPhone

2018/6/25 21:48Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Thanks Mike for your timely post.

So true. Thank God for the reformers, but they have left us with a death centered Christianity that lacks the vitality of the resurrection and the dynamics of the Holy Spirit.

They elaborate on atonement, death to sin, and the wrath of God being satisfied but give us little strenght to lead an overcoming, spirit filled life.

Ern Baxter is spot on on this issue.

No cross without resurection, no resurrection without the empowering of the Holy Spirit.

We had the recovery of Pentecost, charismata and apostolic ministry in the last century but unfortunately many of these movements fell into errors, extremes and apostacy.

Instead of moving forward and building a more sound theological basis for these recovered truths, most of the church moved away from these re-discoveries.

We try to play it safe but lost most of the dynamics of the pentacostal and charismatic renewal.

Thanks to John MacArthur and co. "Charismatic" has become a byword, the gifts of the Spirit have become outlawed.

We may still believe in the gifts of the Spirit, but became practical cessationist.

Derek Prince, Ern Baxter, David Watson, Martyn Lloyd Jones, David Wilkerson, B.H. Clendennon are dead. David Pawson is almost 90.

Where are the men that carry on the task to bring word and spirit together, as Smith Wigglesworth prophesied it back in the 1940ies?

2018/6/26 9:40Profile
leyoung

Thanks

Again, thanks for the balance God is bringing forth here.
I am so grateful.
Les

2018/6/26 11:15Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Thanks

“that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;” (Philippians 3:10)

I am in agreement with you brothers and sisters. Thank God that we will always glory in the cross, while at the same time living in the power of His resurrection. The Holy Spirit is the life giving Spirit who makes all things new and living.

2018/6/26 13:46Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

“Where are the men that carry on the task to bring word and spirit together, as Smith Wigglesworth prophesied it back in the 1940ies?”

Amen Brother!
The Word without the Spirit will mean legalism in theChurch. The Spirit without the Word will lead to fanaticism.

2018/6/26 14:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy