SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Revival Forum 1989: Powerful Staggering Interview with Leonard Ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

“I love the old hymns as well ( when theyre not played like a funeral dirge.)”

Amen, Marvin.

Here is a good old hymn sung by CCM singer Chris Tomlin. He added a few lines of his own. Didn’t ruin the song for me.

Come Thou Fount
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZnAIMCKY8

2018/6/27 21:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Come thou fount is one of my favorites. I do like the old hymns but I can see how the young generation might not latch onto them.

2018/6/27 22:05Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Just the other day I was in a pastors - leaders meeting and we were discussing the topic of worship. The general consensus from the pastors is that we need to be relevant to the young people in the praise and worship in the church. I brought up the point that we should not be trying to entertain the people, and asked the question - how far do we need to take this thing, do we need hard rock music, a light show, and smoke to be relevant?
Apparently, the pastors and leaders all believed that the end justifies the means, so God can use these means to attract young people to the church.

I am of the firm belief that true worship is for the Lord and not for us. Of course we will reap the benefits of being in the Lord’s presence. God is still looking for true worshippers that will worship Him in spirit and in truth.

2018/6/28 6:48Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

Lets try and keep this discussion towards the Revival Forum interview and if you want to discuss CMC music more please start a new thread.

2018/6/28 7:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy