SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Strategic Calling of the Church - Prayer Warfare

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Strategic Calling of the Church - Prayer Warfare

Strategic Calling of the Church - Prayer Warfare: Part 1
By Lance Lambert:

This message taken from the Book of Daniel and Ephesians 6 gives us the strategy of how through strategic warfare the Church brings the will of God and the Kingdom of God from heaven into the earth.

Excerpts from Message:

"Every super power has somewhere a principality, and every ideology has somewhere a world ruler of darkness. Every new political movement has behind it some spiritual power."

Daniel's intercession was key in the transfer of power from one principality to another. Daniel's intercession brought Michael the Archangel into the battle. "The Church occupies the same place that Daniel occupied in the heavenlies in union with Christ, and the Church is meant to see that the Kingdom of God comes in any given situation, and that the will of God is done as it is in heaven in the earth in any given situation."

"If you and I as the people of God don't begin to learn that this divine strategy is to equip us and empower us to see that the will God is done in our area, and that the Kingdom of God comes in power amongst us, and that the will of God is done as in heaven so amongst us, then what we have will be taken away."

"Sometimes people say to me that we should not pray for our national government, we should not pray for things in the nation, because we are in the church and our real concerns are now for spiritual things and Kingdom matters. But you can not be more spiritual than the Word of God. For the Word of God tells us that we should pray first of all for Kings and those in authority. Why should we pray? That the gospel should be preached, and that all men may come to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus. It is incumbent upon us as the people of God to be the salt in the society in halting the corruption, maintaining law and order for as long as the Lord allows it. We will not allow the enemy to come in with lawlessness and disorder one day or one hour until that which restrains is taken away. We are going to stand as the Church of God for law and order in our nation, for good government, for the absolute freedom to preach the gospel and worship the Lord. We are going to stand together for the calling out of a people for the name of the Lord Jesus. We are going to stand together for the building up of the Body of the Lord Jesus.
We are going to stand together for the purpose of God for the nations of God to be fulfilled.
We are going to stand together for preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom to the nations of the world for a testimony.
We are going to stand together for the nation of Israel."

https://www.christiantestimonyministry.com/#/item/191

2018/5/17 18:19Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Strategic Calling of the Church - Prayer Warfare

I love Israel but what I find hard with this message is the way that Christians have forgotten how to preach the gospel on the streets as Paul did not pray strategically before he went to Corinth or say Thessalonica
I love prayer but the absurdity of this movement of having prayer movements to call every demon from every area or prayer walking a neighborhood to win it for Christ

I love Daniel 9 but the context of Daniel 9 he was in Babylon at the time he was under a wicked government , most of the new testament was written under Nero who lit Christians as street lamps becuase he destroyed Rome

Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee

I think the greatest threat to Christians is the deception because we loved not the truth

I think Christians twisting god's word, we serve a god who destroyed this whole world by flood in Noah's day

I believe in the power of prayer but I also believe in the power of the gospel that Jesus died for our sins

When Paul went to city to city he did not strategically pray for them , he preached the gospel

God has revived whole neighborhoods such as through the great awakening and through the revival in the herbrides

It is the church itself that needs a revival or a reformation

If the church did have a revival , the church would not be able to disciple them because it does not know it's Bible

It so breaks my heart to know what types of messages new Christians will get from a variety of the prosperity gospel to the Seven mountain mandate , no scriptural exposonal preaching or going verse by verse through the Bible rather a 10 step program.

Even if we had a massive revival most churches do not preach the gospel anymore , what hope do we have

How can we as a church rescue others where we as a church need rescueing ourselfs and it is not like we can even turn one sinner to Christ , it is he that does it through the foolishness of prayer and preaching

Believe me we all need rescuing

I love prayer and I love praying for cities and God can change prime minister's minds or kings like nebechennzer but if we do not what future is laid down in the bible , what the Bible predicts , how can we pray correctly rather than pray something that is antiscriptural

Where is the wake up call for the church , the true church not the one that wants to unite with Rome or wants to unite but not under truth , there is a false harlot church or the true church , which one are you ?

2018/5/17 18:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//When Paul went to city to city he did not strategically pray for them//

How do you know he didn’t? Does scripture record each and every one of Paul’s prayers?

Do you actually think Paul was not praying intensely before carrying the gospel to a specific locale? It is so obvious that he did that there is no need for scripture to record same. And he also had other churches praying for his work.

2018/5/17 19:14Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Dominic,
The Apostle Paul wrote Ephesians 6 describing the warfare that we are in and the armor of God that we are to put on.

Lance Lambert who did the teaching on Spiritual Warfare was an intercessory prayer leader for over 60 years and was personal friends with many well know intercessors all over the world.

Brother, I know that you have a heart to expose error wherever you see it, but you will never come to the full knowledge of the truth by studying error, but by seeking to know Him who is the truth. That is why I do not go to the heresy hunter websites to find the truth, because most of these websites are filled with half truths.

Sent from my iPhone

2018/5/17 21:12Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I in fact spend most of my time in the bible i do not go to heresy hunter websites , it is not that I was more arguing from a biblical standpoint as Daniel was in Babylon when the angel Gabriel turned up to him
To me I find it hard to link Daniel 9 with Ephesians 6
I do believe prayer can change things
What I find is the whole movement that uses things like praying over the M25,

I think Lance Lambert is a good teacher as he gave good reports from Israel but I struggle with the idea of strategic prayer warfare as the missuse and weird things I have personally seen people do in the name of spiritual warfare when they are missing the aspects of twisted scripture or the gospel is not being preached in there church

You do not find it with say Paul or Peter that they prayed strategically over an area before preaching to the area bringing up statistics and analysis

2018/5/18 4:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

We prayer walked the neighborhoods around our church a couple of months ago; I suppose that was weird because such a thing is not recorded in scripture.

2018/5/18 7:07Profile

Re:

I read somewhere that when one steps away from fellowship the devil smiles. When one steps away from the word the devil laughs. But when one steps away from prayer the devil shouts.

I can't help but think the devil must be shouting with glee by reading this thread. Because what I'm hearing is let us stop praying.

In the early days of Persecution Watch when I wanted to shut down our prayer call because of discouragement. The Holy Spirit gently told me than the devil would win.

Prayer is our most strategic and powerful weapon that we can wield. Wielded with the word of God prayer becomes powerful. The devil trembles when the weakest saints start praying. The devil shouts when threads like this come up and say let's stop praying.

My thoughts.

Blaine

2018/5/18 8:46

Re:

So prayer walking is not found in the scriptures. Who's to say that Paul did not prey when he walked the Roman interstate system of his day. One biographer suggested that Paul and his team probably spent much time praying as they travelled from city to city mainly on foot. Who's to say that perhaps as tgey journeyed toward Ephesus or Corinth or other cities that they weren't praying that the gospel would go forth in that City. And that demonic forces would fall. The New Testament does not give us the full life of the Apostle Paul. But is it too much to assume that Paul did not pray as he walked.

By the way the Bible does not mention that prayer conference calls were ever done. Does that mean that prayer conference calls are not biblical.

Sigh!!! It's difficult to encourage people to pray. But when I read that some of the post in this thread I begin to wonder.

Okay I've ranted for the day. But if we really think that we are going to advance the kingdom purposes of Christ apart from prayer we are sadly mistaken.

It would seem to me that anything that encourages prayer such as prayer walking or prayer conference calls should be encouraged. You are not going to find such in the New Testament. But if new venues that the Holy Spirit brings about can encourage prayer to advance his kingdom purposes. Let us not discourage it.

Blaine

2018/5/18 8:56
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Amen Bear!

2018/5/18 9:56Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Strategic Calling of the Church - Prayer Warfare

Brother Mike

This is a serious hour and if we the body of Christ do not pick up our swords and fight through the power of prayer we will not win but loose to the enemy of our soul. Then all that JESUS did for us would be in vain. When He died for us He said it is finished.. How many of us walk in that victory that JESUS gave us on the cross..??
Paul said we are to pray without ceasing and I believe in this hour we need to pray without ceasing.. for we can Pray or be prey...

1 Thessalonians 5:17 . 17 Pray without ceasing

"If you and I as the people of God don't begin to learn that this divine strategy is to equip us and empower us to see that the will God is done in our area, and that the Kingdom of God comes in power amongst us, and that the will of God is done as in heaven so amongst us, then what we have will be taken away."

Sister
Frannie

2018/5/18 19:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy