SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events :  1. Freed Americans Give Mike Pence Note Quoting Psalm 126 After Returning From North Korea - Chris

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Yong-hi Cho who founded the church that the preceding article refers to was convicted of embezzling $12 in church funds. The article, link to in the preceding post, made this observation about Pastor Lee,

/// During a recent sermon, Pastor Lee prays for North Korea, which can only survive if people there believe in Jesus. Then he mentions the prosperity of South Korea, pointing to the rising average income and saying that it’s because people in the South still believe. ///

It appears that Pastor Lee equates material prosperity as God's blessing. Yet he prays that those in North Korea will believe in Jesus because he is their only hope. While true. I wonder if it escapes his notice that there is the thriving Church in North Korea who has put their hope in Christ. That church has grown through the persecutions that they have endured for countless decades.

The church in South Korea can be said to be a mile wide but an inch deep. It may have more membership then say the church in North Korea. But they lack the depth of the cross of Christ.

When one looks to the church in North Korea it too has grown under persecution. But there is a depth of the cross of Jesus. Because those in North Korea carry the cross of Jesus Christ.

Our brother Dia Sup Han of Korean background, has commented about the Church of South and North Korea. His observation is the reason that Korea may be divided is to protect the integrity of the North Korean Church.

It may be that when the Koreas are united that it will be those brothers and sisters in the north who will bring revival to the church in South Korea.

This is the reality of the persecuted church.

Blaine

2018/5/14 18:53
staff

Re:

Hi I guess we are just celebrating this good news story ,which it undoubtedly is,that these three men were able to share Psalm 126 after all they have been through.
Unfortunately on SI alot of members cant celebrate that because it doesnt fit into the persecution narrative and either did the election of Trump.They didnt see it coming and are confused by whats going on,urs staff

2018/5/14 19:09Profile

Re:

/// Unfortunately on SI alot of members cant celebrate that because it doesnt fit into the persecution narrative ///

Staff you have it backwards. Many on SI do not acknowledge the existence of the persecuted church. While we can celebrate the release of three prisoners from North Korea There's still a brother who is in prison for his faith in Turkey. His name is Andrew Brunson. Many on SI are not even aware of who this brother is. I was not even allowed by the forum administrator to post his prayer call.

The persecuted church is not a narrative. It is a very real thing that is occurring daily. Before this day ends three to four hundred will have laid down their life for the Lord Jesus Christ. That includes thousands in the death camps of North Korea. Thousand who are imprisoned around the world.

Staff have you even met somebody from the persecuted church? Have you met those who minister daily to bring the gospel to areas of the world where it's dangerous to be a believer? I have. I'm not worthy to stand in their presence. let alone pray over them. Their faith puts mine to shame.

The persecuted church is not a narrative. The persecuted church is very real. Brother I say respectfully you might want to acquaint yourself about the persecuted church by going to Open Doors or Voice of the Martyrs or Voice of the Persecuted. Better yet. Meet those who are on the front lines. It might change your perspective. For it surely has changed mine.

Blaine

2018/5/14 19:26
staff

Re:

Hi I have to repectfully disagree.This post was to highlight Gods deliverance of these 3 men.No one is saying their isnt a persecuted Church .However their is a narrative that when ever anything goes well like in this case or like when Donald Trump was elected their is still the negative .We cant seem to accept the good for being good and chew whatever is coming down the road when and if it comes.Their are times in the church that their is serious persecution like Corrie Ten Boom and Times when their is not like Billy Graham.Their are places in the world where their is persecution like Korea and place where the persecution is not physical and underlying like the US.
A time of celebration doesnt have an air of caution about it ,its just Joy even if it is brief ,cant we have that time ...urs staff

2018/5/15 9:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy