SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : An Afterglow Meeting Chronicled for Edification

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Who seeks a sign according to scripture. What are sign gifts?//

I assume the answer you are looking for is "a wicked and foolish generation."

However, a manifestation of the power of the Holy Spirit, or His manifest presence, is not the type of sign that verse is talking about.

2018/5/6 7:47Profile

Re:

Todd writes........

"However, a manifestation of the power of the Holy Spirit, or His manifest presence, is not the type of sign that verse is talking about."

Thank you Todd for that common sense answer. I wonder if the other poster was suggesting that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit such as speaking in tongues and interpretation, prophecy and words of wisdom for example are evil or seeking these gifts are evil. That would be a very dangerous statement to imply that that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit are actually from the devil............bro Frank

1Co 14:1  Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

1Co 12:28  And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 

2018/5/6 9:56
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Who distributes all the gifts? I read that it is the Holy Spirit as He wills. How can the gifts of the Spirit be from the devil. My question is; "what are the sign gifts", I might add what are the gifts a sign of, if they are distributed by the Holy Spirit and He alone.

I have no motive or inference gifts distributed by the Holy Spirit are from the devil, that is impossible, only man can accomplish the evil gifts that man congers up in his own soul/mind, which are dangerous and should have none attendance to our gifts from the Holy Spirit. I trust that the gifts are good and proper to build up the body of Christ, for the Holy Spirit will speak nothing that Jesus Christ Has not said for that purpose, the Holy Spirit speaking of Jesus only, what He has done from the beginning, in His ministry of the Cross and what He is doing in each of us now, things when we are able to receive and the Holy Spirit not speaking, "not of Himself".

In Christ: Phillip

2018/5/6 17:46Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """"However, a manifestation of the power of the Holy Spirit, or His manifest presence, is not the type of sign that verse is talking about." """

Please help me understand the difference. I believe all signs from God, be it the Father, the Son or the Holy Spirit, are a gift in themselves. I also believe the greatest sign gift is Jesus Christ, who He is and what He has done from the beginning and is now doing in us, the "Hope of Glory".

In Christ: Phillip

2018/5/6 17:58Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: An Afterglow Meeting Chronicled for Edification

Brother Kevin,

This testimony is so much how the church should be functioning.
Praying, waiting on God, allowing the Holy Spirit to have His way through the Body. What you shared about quenching the spirit is “spot on”. Brother, this is not an easy thing to do in a large church, but it appears that your eyes are on the Lord, and that you are seeking His will, and following the leading of the Holy Spirit.

2018/5/6 22:00Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Quote: """"However, a manifestation of the power of the Holy Spirit, or His manifest presence, is not the type of sign that verse is talking about." """

Please help me understand the difference.//

The sign seekers you referenced in your first post on this thread were not seeking God; they were seeking titillation.

That is the difference.

2018/5/7 7:25Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re:

Hey Todd,

Forgive me for the delayed response to your question. Nothing dramatic happened externally that I was aware of when we prayed for these men, however I would be interested to know what the Lord was doing in their hearts at that time and since then!

2018/5/7 11:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Thanks- I appreciate the reply!

I have been thinking a lot about this thread. I appreciate you bringing it up.

2018/5/7 11:56Profile

Re:

Got this reply from a brother on my post about the tragedy of the Sunday morning service. though it would apply here as well..................bro Frank

To the glory of the LORD alone - we have been experiencing this participatory full church community and expression since 2008 - we would be ten years later this year! It is actually better experienced than ever described when we allow Holy Spirit to do His work on earth. When Jesus Christ said He will build His church, He sure knew what He was saying!

This can be done anywhere. The main and only requirement is to have the Holy Spirit in those so gathered together and for that Holy Spirit to be allowed to be among them when they meet. No single person or even a select group is required to guide and lead. Everyone can and should participate voluntarily and none is forced or compelled to do anything. It is beautiful to see the Father freely worshipped in Spirit and in Truth and see His community of brothers and sisters who desire to do His will emerge. The Spirit of God is so capable to lead and to add to the group as the Father wishes. As many as are led by the Spirit are the children of God. It has been an incredible experience and we have all been growing and maturing together in Him.

For example - two Sundays ago, we had such a strong move of His Spirit in our midst for two hours where He used the children to teach us the adults the word of God to resolve questions that the adults raised. It was so beautiful to see and learn really at the feet of the Master as He used the little ones to bring His wisdom and understanding to us all. When He is allowed to be the real Head of His Body, He knows how to get every member to supply as needed. Those who desire to be His disciples must truly die to our selves and deny our selves before we can even take up our cross daily and then follow Him. Such meetings led solely by His Spirit facilitate the process of death to self beautifully with minimum collateral damage!

2018/5/7 12:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy