SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Acts 2:38 is more powerful than many think!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

John 14:26 (KJV)
But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

2018/5/1 11:08Profile
rbanks

Re:

It is clear from scripture that the only way to the Father is through Jesus and the only way to receive the Holy Ghost is through Jesus...

John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:26 (KJV) But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

2018/5/1 11:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//The Apostles were the first ones to carry out the great commission and Acts 2:38 is just as much the Word of Jesus as Matthew 28:19..//

But once again there is no quotation in Acts of what was actually said at the time of a baptism, so how do you know what they were actually saying? You are assuming that they only baptized in Jesus’ name.

2018/5/1 11:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

By the way- in the long run I do not think it matters which way a person is baptized, ie in Jesus name only or in the name of the Father Son and HS. Obviously the latter is more in line with what Jesus commanded unless we do not believe He meant what He said.

2018/5/1 12:16Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

To me, we come close to missing it when we try to make too much out of the scriptures that talk about who's name we baptize in. I think Jesus own words in the gospels gives us huge evidence as to the truth.

How often did Jesus speak of Himself, the Father, and the Holy Spirit as being distinct? It is literally all over His own words. So much so to be overwhelming. Then, how often did He make it clear that He and the Father were one? Jesus was VERY clear about this in John 17. It is irrefutable. So He is one, and yet He is three.

Granted, the term "trinity" is not a term we find in scripture, but rather a word we use to describe what we see in scripture. But what we plainly read in scripture tells us that there is one God, one Spirit (after all, God is spirit, not flesh and blood), manifested in three persons that are distinct enough to interact with one another and speak of and to one another as distinct.

We just don't understand spirit, so we muddle it all up with human analogy and understanding and wind up arguing about trinity and oneness. It is enough to me to know I serve the ONE and ONLY God, and yet He reveals Himself to me in three distinct persons. Not sure how that works in the spirit realm, but I will one day.

I would add. If we find in scripture two incidents, one in which they baptized in Jesus name and one in which they baptized in the name of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, then I think it is OK to do either one. Not a big issue in my book.

2018/5/1 13:14Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Travis,
Jesus, we know was one with The Father.
He also said, ‘Father make them one,as we are one’

But what brings about that oneness,... that unity ?
It is The Word of God, which is His Name....
We are many, but He wants us to be ‘one’,... unifying us with The Father (God), who is The Spirit/Word,... the invisibile God.

His Name is most important.,... that new Name, that He has given us,... which is all encompassed in The Word/Seed, (the Holy Spirit), that He has planted within us.
...that surfaces as a fountain of Living Water as The occasion/need arises,... if we will heed, it will bring us into that oneness/unity, as it did with The Father and His Son, Jesus .

Lovingly I am communing,
———————-
elizabeth

2018/5/1 15:58Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Travis: When you minister on the streets, you will run into all kinds of beliefs, when in the confines of a congregation and who all subscribe to the Trinity its easy to 'call it no big issue'. But when the UPC or Apostolic Church attempts to tell young converts they are not baptized correctly, or they have not received the Spirit of God but a false spirit or if they have not spoke in tongues to prove they are 'filled' and thereby saved...you have now got to have more than on opinion of the legitimacy of the Trinity.

When the United Pentecostal Church tells its own congregants that the doctrine of the Trinity is pagan and literally confuse it with Tri-theism what will you say then?

Ambiguous ideas about the Trinity or about modes of baptism seem to be all acceptable losses and easy concessions when the spirit of the world is telling true believers " lets unite, lets be at peace, lets not strive about words" In the end it's a wonderful service to Satan, that way he gains easy access to young converts to confuse and damage their young minds with corrupt doctrines and in the end practices that include 'resisting the truth and right Church'.

I get it no one likes to fight, but unfortunately its encumbant we do so.

2018/5/1 16:04Profile
Elibeth

Re:

rbanks,
Thank you for the kindness,

In response to this statement :
Re:
“It is clear from scripture that the only way to the Father is through Jesus and the only way to receive the Holy Ghost is through Jesus...”

That is very true,.. And we know that, that was made possible only by His Blood sacrifice.

... A truly wonderful subject.
Thank you ,
——————-
elizabeth

2018/5/1 16:10Profile
rbanks

Re:

Yes sister...what can wash away my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus

Here is another thought:

We know it is the blood that makes atonement

Acts 22:16 (KJV) And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Acts 2:38 (KJV) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

There something about the name of Jesus and the blood of Jesus that seems to also have an effect in water baptism when there is faith in the Lord Jesus death and resurrection.

Notice that Peter clearly told them to repent and....be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins....

Now we know that it is the blood that we receive remission of sins

But Peter said be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins...and the You shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

2018/5/1 21:08Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thanks Marvin for your comment...

It is sad when there is so much confusion and hurt when people are so zealous to preach a doctrine that hurts and divides the body of Christ.

The reason I wrote this post because I have recently come across some powerful music of the Pentecostals of Alexandria. A Pastor name Anthony Mangun is a oneness Pentecostal in Louisiana who ministers to thousands of people. This man is one of the most dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ that I have witnessed.

For over 40 years his church has had around the clock prayer. They have ministered to hundreds on the street and have seen multitudes baptized in Jesus name and baptized in the Holy Ghost.

I also saw a utube video where he was on tbn with Jentzen Franklin talking about prayer and fasting.

I know what I believe but I am here to challenge us with scripture because these oneness Pentecostal are truly dedicated and not going away but are growing...and they have scripture to back up what they believe...

2018/5/1 21:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy