SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Using worldy methods to bring in the unsaved

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Calvary
The man of sin comes anyway ,that is a given and "the falling away" is a different subject and will not me caused by people being swayed by Christian music ,staff

2018/5/6 14:46Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Spirit-filled preaching with signs following is the only thing that will cut through. Otherwise, the man of sin will come with his lying signs & wonders, & the world will readily accept him. That hour is close at hand.

One of the miscoseptions is that people will see miracles and see signs and wonders and will come to know Jesus .
The problem is

Mat 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

The pharasiee saw Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead , they saw many other miracles but did not believe

My other problem with miracles is that the Antichrist will be able to call fire down from heaven

Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men

I believe God can do miracles but I do think that should be are primary focus , but it should be on the gospel and on the Bible

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Preaching the gospel and the cross is foolish to the world but is god's power , this is why the church has lost its power and it was the power of the gospel that turned the world upside down

This is why I get so annoyed at using bait and switch tactics to get people in church

2018/5/7 4:46Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

There is no example of people using music as an evangelistic method in the scriptures, I love praise and worship music but would not use it

1 Corinthians 15
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. note note

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. note

9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

2018/5/7 5:03Profile

Re:

Dominic, I agree with you. What I was saying is that Peter, Paul, & the apostles preached the Gospel with signs following (our Lord Jesus talked about signs following believers at the end of Mark's gospel). Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. The signs only confirm the reality of the Gospel & its power, that it is not another vain argument or philosophy. I am no sign chaser, but they do follow those who are legitimately preaching Christ with holy unction.

2018/5/7 6:07
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I agree with miracles as well I just don't think it should be our primary focus I think it should be jeuss , I actually liked what you said

2018/5/7 14:54Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Guys,
Two things their are two types of Christian Music ,one is worship music the other is not.
I think my points were ignored
A: Paul said he would use all means to save
B:Who are we to say what God can use or not use
C:Pianos and Guitars are not mentioned in the bible but are used in worship(just because its not mentioned doenst mean its wrong)
Also what about Prophetic songs like Miriam and Paul and Silas sang hymns

"About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone's chains came loose. 27 The jailer woke up,"
urs staff

2018/5/7 18:36Profile
staff

Re:

Hi,
I think that the conversation should not be about whether Christian Music should replace Signs and wonders as I dont think thats what anyone at all is saying.What we are saying is God can use Christian Music to influence people and God can get his narrative across to people through song as well as through preaching but not as a replacement.Just as the prisoners were undoubtedly moved by Silas and Paul and undoubtedly learned about God through Hymns and Undoubtedly some learned about Salvation through their singing.So their is a place for singing Christian songs where the unsaved are present and it will have a positive effect on the hearers,urs staff

2018/5/7 18:43Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think you are on track Staff.

God created music and he can use it to soften hearts.

There are a few songs that were very key in my spiritual reawakening several years back.

2018/5/7 19:29Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"Secular music, do you say, belongs to the devil? Does it? Well, if it did I would plunder him for it, for he has no right to a single note of the whole seven. Every note, and every strain, and every harmony is divine, and belongs to us."

"If I thought I could win one more soul to the Lord by walking on my head and playing the tambourine with my toes, I'd learn how!"

-William Booth

2018/5/7 19:43Profile
staff

Re:

hi Drifter,
I didnt know William Booth said those things ,quite amazing ,thanks for the post staff

2018/5/7 20:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy