SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are America's Days Numbered???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: covered duck

Hey Blaine,

I'm no duck, I'm covered by Christ, and pray without ceasing.

I'm already in the war. Have been for many years. I'm on the frontlines taking hits left and right.

I tell you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear the One who, after you have been killed, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear Him!
- Jesus

2018/4/12 7:43Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Mr. Blaine

Mr. Blaine, are you a prophet? Just asking.

2018/4/12 8:12Profile
amajesticone

Massachusetts

Re: Are America's Days Numbered???

Henry Gruver. Wow. I had never heard of this "prayer/walker" until my daughter invited me to the "Hear The Watchmen" Conference in Dallas TX last month. 17 speakers that were each given abou 90 minutes to share. Henry was given the Saturday evening spot and spoke for 3 and 1/2 hours; until he was slipped a piece of paper at 11:00 to end the night. He would have kept talking and people would have kept listening. I don't recall him talking about prophecy that night but testified of Jesus continually. He has much to say to the Body of Christ. Many youtubes available. I am thankful to the Lord for bringjng him into my life as a source of encouragement and edification.
💜
Mary

2018/4/12 8:14Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This is what Billy Graham had to say:

Q. Why do some people get all wrapped up in trying to predict the end of the world? We've always experienced wars and natural disasters, and we always will. All those prophecies about the end of the world are just nonsense, in my opinion.

A. You’re right—up to a point. Throughout history some people have claimed to know exactly when the world was going to come to an end—and they were clearly wrong. Jesus said, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father” (Matthew 24:36).

But there is one prophecy about the future that I urge you not to ignore or dismiss as nonsense—and that is the one spoken by Jesus. Jesus warned that someday this world as we know it will come to an end—not because of a war or natural disaster, but because God will intervene and bring it to an end. The future is in God’s hands, and He alone will bring an end to the world.

And when He does, all the evils of this world will be destroyed and Jesus Christ will come again to rule over a new world in perfect peace and justice. We can barely imagine this, but it gives us hope for a better world. As the Bible says, “In keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness” (2 Peter 3:13).

Don’t worry about those who falsely claim to know when the world will come to an end. Instead, put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ. He alone gives us hope for the future and strength for our lives right now. Make Him the foundation of your life—beginning today.

2018/4/12 9:14Profile
docs

Re:

We may not know the day or hour when He is coming but we can know for certain regarding specific events that must occur before He comes.

2018/4/12 9:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Let's assume for a moment that these are the end times. What then? How should a Christian respond? Fortunately, the apostle Peter gives us a straightforward answer to this question. Writing specifically with reference to the end of the age, when "the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat, and both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up," Peter does not suggest that believers head for the hills, adopt a "fortress mentality," and start stockpiling food and weapons. Instead, he asks, "Since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?" (II Peter 3:10-12).

2018/4/12 9:37Profile
docs

Re:

Why should valuing prophecy and it's meaning be automatically associated with a stock pile food and head for the hills mentality? It goes way beyond that in my opinion.Im not sure at all it isiblical to frown upon the endeavor to understand eschatological prophecy as a waste of time. The one thing the Bible do does not paint is the picture of the church groping blindly along (don't worry about the details just be ready) during the events of the end.

2018/4/12 10:00Profile

Re: Signs of tge End of the Times

Mark 13:5-8  

While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives across from the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew asked him privately, "Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign when all these things are about to be accomplished?" Jesus told them, "Watch out that no one deceives you. Many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he,' and they will deceive many. When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, don't be alarmed; these things must take place, but it is not yet the end.  For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

•••••••

No one, myself included, is predicting the day or the hour when the Lord will return. But Jesus did equate signs that  precede his return to birth pangs. The  thing about birth pangs that any mother will tell you is that they do increase in frequency when a child is about to be born.

The signs that precedr the return of the Lord would certainly indicate that we are in the season. The season of when he can return at any moment. Thus we need to be alert and ready for when he comes.

Consistently through the gospels and in the letters of the Apostles we are admonished to be vigilant. To be about the business of the King. For he will soon come at an hour when we do not expect.

One of the signs or birth pangs that surely precede the return of Jesus will be wars and rumors of wars. Right now the United States and Russia are rattling their nuclear sabres over what could be a confrontation in Syria.  A confrontation that could surely bring us to nuclear war.

For sure all of this is prophesied. And God will surely bring it about for his glory and assume return of Jesus.

The question to all of us is are we going to go deeper in Jesus.  Are we going to speak to others about their need of him. Or get hung up on needless debates such as the election where theologians have not come to a resolution after 500 years of debate.

Even if we saw the destruction of Damascus which Isaiah 17 predicts. I'm sure the debates on the election will still continue. Even after the nuclear explosions are occurring.

At this point all I can say is God have mercy on us.

Posted in reasonable sobriety.

Blaine 

2018/4/12 10:04
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Brother David asked...Why should valuing prophecy and it's meaning be automatically associated with a stock pile good and head for the hills mentality?

David, valuing prophecy should not always have to be associated with the run for the hills mentality, but if you study "most" all hard core "it's the end of the world" people, this is their mentality. Here's my mentality, "we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord".
2 Corinthians 5:8

2018/4/12 10:08Profile
savannah

Re: CE

"...we can know for certain regarding specific events that must occur before He comes."

Would one of those specific events we can know for certain be Russia attacking/destroying America?

Would you please furnish some of the specific prophecies in the Word of God we can know for certain apply to each of the specific events noted for our specific day and time in 2018 or thereafter?

2018/4/12 11:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy