SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pope Francis says there is no hell?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Pope Francis says there is no hell?

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/pope-francis-there-no-hell

This article (and the Italian interview that it references) states that Pope Francis, the current pope of the Roman Catholic Church, has stated that he doesn't believe people go to Hell when they die.

According to the article, Francis was asked in the interview about "bad souls" and where they would be punished. His response:

Pope Francis says, "They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/pope-francis-there-no-hell

2018/3/29 13:39Profile

Jesus Christ preached about Hell, and He is the One I am following and believing....

2018/3/29 14:14
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I agree, emestiu. It is baffling that people want to be "Christians" (or, in this case, religious Catholics) yet completely ignore the teachings of Jesus Christ.

2018/3/29 14:16Profile

Whatever other people or preacher or priest preached that "contradicts" what Jesus Christ said and what the Holy Scripture stated is DIABOLICAL....

2018/3/29 14:18
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

It makes no sense to me how anyone can call themselves christian and not believe in an eternal hell. It's the righteous judgment of God. I think people don't know God's character when they say there is no hell for unrepentant, wicked men.

Personally, I can't wait to see Jesus and dwell in the company of loving christians and angels for eternity. I'm so sick of filth and depravity all around me.

I want to rescue as many people from the lake of fire as possible, but if they stubbornly refuse God's grace and want evil, why do people think it is unjust for God to give them what they want (a place without God?)

2018/3/29 14:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//It makes no sense to me how anyone can call themselves christian and not believe in an eternal hell. //

Many very sound Christians do not believe in a hell of eternal torment. Have you ever read or studied their reasoning? They make very sound biblical sense if you actually study what they say.

One of the links Chris posted has a footnote from the Vatican that says Pope’s comments were not accurately quoted by the interviewer and were taken out of context.

2018/3/29 14:53Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Universalism, ultimate reconciliation, and every other shade of teaching that attacks the biblical doctrine of hell is completely heretical. If you say hell is not forever you must also say heaven is not forever, because the same Greek word for eternal is used to describe both heaven and hell, aionios. I think the problem goes deeper than mere theological differences; I think this doctrine is one of the core principles of christianity, and denying it is tantamount to denying the virgin birth of Jesus or His sinlessness.

2018/3/29 15:18Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I think what the Pope was trying to say is, I sure hope there's not a hell, because if there is, I know that's where i'm going when I pass.

2018/3/29 15:42Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Show me a preacher or teacher who denies hell and I'll show you a powerless man with a dead philosophy that can't bring people to repentance and relationship with Christ.

2018/3/29 15:51Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Simmer down there, Nigel. You do not know of what you speaketh, and spewing gross generalities and terms like heretical is nothing but a bullying tactic.

I don't mind being bullied as I am not that sensitive, but regardless that is what you are doing.

I do not believe you will actually take the time to do any research on this issue-- it is far far easier to simply do what you are doing.

2018/3/29 16:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy