SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Speaking The Word Brings Increase

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Todd

Todd said "There is little doubt that when I learned to pray with more faith and authority I saw things begin to happen".

Todd, what is praying with authority? and how do we do that?
The dictionary defines authority as the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.

2018/3/10 10:29Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

It seems to me that WOF has poisoned the well, so to speak, of what it is to practice faith in the Word. When you listen to these folks, it is all about chasing after blessings for yourself. Believing for happiness, success and blessing for yourself. All troubles, hardships and trials are automatically assumed to be of the devil and must be overcome. Now some stuff we are supposed to resist but other stuff we are to endure and persevere through. No easy guideline to figure it out. Each situation is different. But yes, standing on the Word and speaking the Word are the heart of practicing faith. But the situation is that now when we hear a believer talk about standing on the Word or speaking the Word we automatically think of these WOF prosperity gospel types and we shut it down. Sad, truly a stroke of genius on the devil's part to get the church to be passive about exercising faith about legitimate needs because after all, that 'name it and claim it' stuff is junk. So now a wimpy beggy prayer with the all-important 'if it be thy will' tacked on the end is now considered orthodox.

-Daniel

2018/3/10 10:30Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Daniel

Daniel Said: "It seems to me that WOF has poisoned the well, so to speak, of what it is to practice faith in the Word".

Exactly!

2018/3/10 10:43Profile
docs

Re:

I agree Daniel. Well said.

Meanwhile,

"For the Word of God is LIVING and POWERFUL and SHARPER than any two-edged sword...."

We need to be standing on it and confessing it.

2018/3/10 11:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Todd, what is praying with authority? and how do we do that?
The dictionary defines authority as the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.//

Bill- what **I** mean when I say that is I pray with faith in Jesus name and not using the faith killing phrase “if it be your will” like I am hedging my bets. I don’t command things to happen but I pray expecting them to- especially if I have a pretty good idea that it IS Gods will. Obviously I don’t pray for something that I know is not Gods will.

2018/3/10 13:34Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Todd

Todd, please correct me if I'm wrong. But no where have I ever said that praying "if it be your will" is correct. Todd I what I did say is "I heard a pastor once say, just ask God, and leave out if it be in your will Lord, never understood why he said that". But no one has yet to post an explanation of why the pastor said that, in biblical terms. I would pray that all you bible scholars here would please remember, I'm probably the least knowledgeable here of the Bible, I have a very hard time understanding it, so please try to give me a little grace, because semi hostile answers, only hurts me not helps me. My questions here are normally spirit lead, I don't ask a lot of questions regarding scripture, because most of the time the answers are over my head. Some folks just love to argue, not me, and they will use any opportunity to debate, argue or challenge. In my opinion, constant debate is not a problem in itself, most brilliance comes from healthy and passionate conflict, the challenge happens when people argue or create conflict without a positive purpose.

2018/3/10 16:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey Bill-

I wasn't referencing you in my last post. I don't remember you ever posting that about the pastor and I wasn't trying to upset anyone or arguing- I was just trying to answer the question you posed about what I meant by praying with authority. I did not think my answer was hostile and I apologize if you took it that way.

The reason the pastor you heard said to leave out "if it be your will" is because it is a faith killer- at least for me it is. Like I said it is a hedging of my bet. If I am praying for someone to be healed I can pray either: 1) Lord please heal so and so if it be your will, or 2) Sickness (whatever it may be), leave this person in Jesus' name.

In my opinion, option 1 is a mealy mouthed wimpy faithless kind of prayer and is no better than not praying at all. If I am praying for someone to be healed I have to assume its God's will. If it's not, then I guess the person won't be healed but it won't be because of my lack of faith.

2018/3/10 22:03Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Todd

Where does this portion of scripture fit in?

15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

Not being contentious, rather am sincerely seeking to understand what you are saying?

2018/3/11 10:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I don’t believe there is an example of someone praying for someone to be healed in scripture. Why?

2018/3/11 11:01Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

????

13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

2018/3/11 11:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy