SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Speaking The Word Brings Increase

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi FranklinB: Word of Faith is a formulaic manner of handling the word of God in order to obtain what the word of God offers to those who have faith. It's like a quid-pro-quo, I give a little faith, I take a little blessing.

Are you familiar with Kenneth Copeland? Jerry Sevelle?, Kennth Hagin Jr.? Paula White? and other lesser forms such as Joel Osteen or Joyce Meyers? These and several other Tv ministries tailor their ministries according to what 'blessing is received by faith'.

The rub has always been their willingness to quote scripture and promote Jesus Christ at the expense correct exegesis of scripture and Jesus Christ's sovereignty.

Thanks for the response, let me know what fellowships you attend?

2018/3/8 22:47Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Speaking The Word Brings Increase

Quote:
Speaking the word of God brings increase in every area of your life.

I do have a problem with the word of faith folks but I tried it and like you said, it worked! Here is my story, wild as it sounds!!...

I'm sitting at home one night and my chair faces down the hallway and I was never up this late but about 10:30 I saw a mouse come scurrying down the hallway. Praise God I've never had a mouse problem, so I had to go out and by some mouse traps and set them.

Nothing happened. I could hear that thing digging into something. Around the fourth day, I was praying before I went work, like, "God please do something with that mouse!" (because it kept eating all the peanut butter off the mouse traps and I kept resetting them.), And it occurred to me (Spirit-led prayer?) to say, "In the name of Jesus, I command you mouse to bite that peanut butter and die today, in Jesus' name." :)

I came home from work and nothing. When I got up in the middle of the night, the mouse lay dead. So you tell me! I prayed "today" and that mouse was dead before 24 hours was up.

Now, do I go around commanding things willy nilly? No. But that time, a still small voice said command it and I did.

I stand amazed at our God and the little things He cares about because I care about them!! Praise His holy name!!

God bless,
Lisa

2018/3/9 15:45Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

See how dangerous the WOF teaching is, you can even kill mice with it! Just kiddin...:D

2018/3/9 16:23Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thanks for the testimony Lisa.

Sure the Word of God Works, and even the world and success motivational speakers use faith principles to get what they are after, but this is very dangerous, and just because someone seems to be successful in this world by thinking and speaking right doesn’t mean that God is blessing them, and they could end up in hell if they don’t have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

However, when we believe and speak the Word of God according to God’s will, then we can speak to the mountains in our life and see them removed. After all, Kenneth Hagin did not write Mark 11: 23, 24, but when he received a revelation of that verse, he was miraculously healed off of a death bed as a young man.

2018/3/9 16:29Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Lisa

Lisa, did the Mouse Trap give the Glory to God? :-)

2018/3/9 16:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

There is little doubt that when I learned to pray with more faith and authority I saw things begin to happen.

2018/3/9 17:34Profile
rbanks

Re:

I haven't been on here lately but thought I would make a comment...

I believe that without faith it is impossible to please God. I believe in the Word of God and in speaking it and proclaiming with a heart in tune with Gods will in humble obedience to God.

But I encourage you brethren to reread what brother Marvin wrote in his posts. His first post was full of Godly wisdom that I really appreciated... and am very much in agreement with.

Brother Marvin thank you for your insight from your relationship to God. I have listened to B.H. Clendennen over the years and he has was a tremendous man of faith but for the same reasons you posted, he also saw the errors of the WOF movement.

Thanks again....blessings to all!

2018/3/9 21:44Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I'm not trying to downplay the importance of pure speech or speaking God's word.

Do I believe in healing and miracles? Absolutely. I was a heroin addict for 6 years and I've been clean for 5, God healed me of drug addiction and I have no desire whatsoever to go use. He also healed me of severe depression and suicidal thoughts. But it wasn't because I repeated scripture verses over and over or made "positive confession". Jesus had pity and compassion on me and helped me when I was at the end of my rope.

Sometimes we ask for healing or financial blessing and don't know that He has a purpose in denying us these things because He uses trials to purify us. I've told God, "Lord Jesus, all I want is to know You, and if You have to take away my health, so be it, if You have to take away my job, my apartment, and put me out on the street, do it, do whatever You have to to bring me closer to You!"

2018/3/9 23:45Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by TMK
There is little doubt that when I learned to pray with more faith and authority I saw things begin to happen.

Exactly, Todd! Thank you for sharing that!

And I debated about even putting this on SI because I knew there would naysayers! But that's ok, I knew there would be those who understood.

God is good and He is leading His dear children along!

(edit) I am not word of faith but a person doesn't have to be to believe the Bible and take it at It's word! "Come boldly to the throne of the Grace..." (just one scripture)

2018/3/10 9:44Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

In James 4:3 it say's...You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures. In my opinion, "probably" most WOF or Name It And Claim It folks, ask with the wrong motives. I do believe if you ask for a need, either by just confessing that need out loud to the Lord, or in prayer, God will provide it if it be his will for your life. I heard a pastor once say, just ask God, and leave out if it be in your will Lord, never understood why he said that. My personal belief is, if we ask for our "needs" and of course he knows our needs better than we do, he will Bless us with that need. Paul said, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances". I think God is more willing to give us more of what he has for us, when we become content with what we have. In my opinion, you're not showing much contentment when you go around asking him for new homes, cars, money, which is probably at the top of the list of most WOF folks.

By the way, I think Lisa knows me well enough, to know I was just joking about the mouse trap.. :-)

2018/3/10 9:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy