SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Exploring True Faith by Art Katz

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jeremy221

Exploring True Faith by Art Katz

Exploring True Faith (2 of 2)

Speaking from Mark 9, Art finally gives his most insightful understanding of the theme of faith, obedience and our apprehension of the character of God

http://artkatzministries.org/MP3s/K-436_Exploring_True_Faith_2_of_2.mp3

2018/2/26 14:06Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Exploring True Faith by Art Katz

Very good message, especially the first portion, thanks for sharing !

I have found the same link between faith and obedience to be true and kept waiting for him to quote Hebrews 5:8-9,...

Brother Jeremy, not sure if you caught this or not, as it was a while back, where sister Sandra (ginneyrose) had suggested as a study; every time we see the word “faith” in scripture simply replace it with the word “obedience”
and read normally the passages.
This was of great help to me, challenging in spots, but a very insightful study came out of it and if you’ve never used that particular exchange of terms, I encourage you to try it out as it’s a beneficial study:)

2018/2/27 7:51Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

No, I didn’t see that post but I think it’s essential not to oversimplify. The words are distinct for a reason. For me, it was the revelation that love is obedience. This came after deciding to set aside the pat answers I had heard about love and the trend at the time to define love apart from Scripture. And though this has aided me greatly I know that understanding this interrelationship has not revealed the breadth, width and depth of love because the concept of obedience can be separated from the Body and simply made an individual matter of accountability. It brought a lot of freedom when I started honoring the those given authority and stopped speeding so that I didn’t feel condemned every time I saw a cop. The challenge to me is that hope and faith will not exist for all eternity but be superseded by love. Today they work together in unity but in the New Heaven and Earth only love will remain. So the most pressing issue for me is to know what love really is and it’s fruit will work in me faith and hope to meet the need of the wicked age we are in. The end of our faith is love unfeigned which is expressed through not only obedience to the Truth in relation to the brethren but fervent love for one another in Christ Jesus.

2018/2/27 13:38Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Yes Amen, Love is obedience:)

And I didn’t mean to suggest one should literally change the words around but much how the charity/love in 1Cor 13 can be exchanged for Christ and when read it gives an exemplary presentation of Christ:)

In any case I am grateful you shared brother Katz sermon:)

2018/2/27 14:41Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

excellent post Jeremy, well said with a challenge embedded in it.

2018/2/27 15:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy