SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The crime of spiritual abuse: One of the most dangerous ideas in decades.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The crime of spiritual abuse: One of the most dangerous ideas in decades.

The crime of spiritual abuse: One of the most dangerous ideas in decades. The article below is a very important one, please take the time to read it, it is quite short. It speaks to a new category that the authorities are thinking about introducing, "Spiritual Abuse," or SA for short. The implication if this were ever introduced would devastate Christians and Christian children specifically. Let me just say that I believe that this will be introduced and sooner rather than later. Just another sign that Jesus is at the door and the gates of hell have been pushed open wide.....................bro Frank

In a world of ‘safe spaces’ it appears that no space is safe. So it was with interest and a degree of concern that I heard of a new term about to be added to our legal vocabulary. As well as sex abuse, child abuse, racial abuse, hate crime abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse and domestic abuse, we now have ‘spiritual abuse’ (SA).

Organisations like the Churches Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS) have been raising the profile of SA and seeking to get it recognised as a legal category. Surely that should be a good thing? Abuse is manipulation, bullying, exploitation and misuse of power. When that happens in religious circles then surely it should be dealt with? So why has the Evangelical Alliance produced a report that is highly critical of the term? ...... read the complete article by David Robertson here.........
https://theweeflea.com/…/the-crime-of-spiritual-abuse-one

2018/2/13 19:11
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Brother Frank

Brother Frank, you need to edit this little part out of your link. …/

2018/2/13 19:43Profile

Re:

Thanks for that bro Bill, just did it and the link works..........bro Frank

2018/2/14 0:06
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Yes, yet another step toward criminallising and shutting down bible believing Christians.

Interesting there is a new campaign just started to petition the UK government to introduce new laws to protect Christians' free speech and this sort of thing.
See here https://barnabasfund.org/en/news/reclaiming-religious-freedom-in-the-uk

I'm not totally convince that we can win our freedom by legislation or government control. Historically the church is first revived and then many are swept into the Kingdom, only after this does the tide turn and righteous laws are established....not normally the other way round. However it is still a good thing to make our voices heard and not go down without a (spiritual) fight!

2018/2/14 6:24Profile

Re:

Hi Dave, just the other day the Lord gave me Acts 4. I have been studying it. Seems to me that the Apostles were in direct conflict with "the state," and the church flourished. Could the opposite be true, that when we are intertwined with the state and refuse to lift up the name of Jesus in order not too offend or be imprisoned or scourged then the church begins to die?............bro Frank

2018/2/14 7:34
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Frank, I think that could be so.

2018/2/14 11:18Profile

Re:

Frank writrs...

~~~
Hi Dave, just the other day the Lord gave me Acts 4. I have been studying it. Seems to me that the Apostles were in direct conflict with "the state," and the church flourished. Could the opposite be true, that when we are intertwined with the state and refuse to lift up the name of Jesus in order not too offend or be imprisoned or scourged then the church begins to die?............bro Frank
~~~

Persecuted Church such as North Korea, Eritrea, Iran, and a few other nations. In direct conflict with the state. Revival happening in nations such as in Iran. in China. Persecuted church is flourishing.

Non persecuted Church such as in America is intertwined with the state. American church not flourishing and is dying.

Blsine

2018/2/14 11:26

Re:

I think of Romans 1 where Paul states that he is not ashamed of the Gospel for it is the power of God unto salvation. There is power in the unashamedness and I would imagine there is no power when we are ashamed of the gospel, the full Gospel. There is a tremendous move by our enemy to shut our mouths and be quiet. Shame has been used in many countries to blunt or in some cases completely shut down the many avenues of evangelism. Yet again in Acts 4 we see the Apostles be tried on this, the authorities that they would not relent to had the power to kill them. Now not only were they not going to relent, they double down as they elevate the name of Jesus and in that very chapter we are reminded that

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

We see also that there was great boldness when it came to the name of Jesus. They assert that there is no other name by which a man can be saved but by Jesus. Is it any wonder that this boldness went hand in hand with the church numbers being added to greatly and that mighty ,miracles were carried out..............bro Frank

2018/2/14 15:16

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy