SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Danger of looking for sign and wonders without having a theological basis !

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

I don’t know “what” perspective you are...

Quote:
by MrBillPro
Jesus said about the ones who needed to see signs and wonders in order to believe on Him. He said, and I will quote, “Only a wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign.” This was spoken to the Pharisees who demanded to see a sign. Jesus sharply rebuked them and then told them that the only “sign” that would be given for people to believe is the sign of Jonah…in other words…the only “sign” that would be given for people to believe was the death, burial, and resurrection of the living God! Basically, Jesus was saying to the Pharisees, as He still says to us today, that if you don’t believe based on the death, burial, and resurrection, then nothing else will make you truly believe. And that’s the way it still stands today. Yet many still get lured in to seeking after the supernatural signs and wonders and much of their faith is based upon such seeking. Dangerous.

Or this one....

Quote:
by TrueWitness
When Jesus said, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks a sign" He was saying it is wrong to put God to the test first in order to believe He is who He said He is (Messiah). He was not saying it is wrong to want to see people healed, delivered of devils, give or receive prophecy, etc. The cessationist crowd jumps on that verse to squash all the spiritual gifts. God is the giver of the gifts. But people can have a good and correct motives surrounding the gifts or wrong motives.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to be clear in my own mind where you are coming from... It’s like you changed in mid-stream!!

God bless you,Brother,
Lisa

2018/2/15 19:30Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This one, the one I said in my last post "Please read Daniels/TrueWitness post that I said I totally agree with"

by TrueWitness
When Jesus said, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks a sign" He was saying it is wrong to put God to the test first in order to believe He is who He said He is (Messiah). He was not saying it is wrong to want to see people healed, delivered of devils, give or receive prophecy, etc. The cessationist crowd jumps on that verse to squash all the spiritual gifts. God is the giver of the gifts. But people can have a good and correct motives surrounding the gifts or wrong motives.

2018/2/15 19:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy