SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Fletcher, Ain't that neat, we posted the same scripture within 1 minute of each other!

2018/2/3 15:09Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Someone got there before me with 1 Corinthians 15

I normally say on the street that we all have sinned and fallen short of gods glory and that Jesus has died in our place for our sins like a judge convict a man of murder and that man has to take the death penalty.

The man cannot say that he has done a lot of good works as that will not get him into heaven. If a man has committed murder, he cannot say to the judge I have done many good things, he would be crazy.

Instead the judge takes his place and dies for our sin and saves us from going to Eternal Hell which is eternal torment

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

When I am witnessing I tend to just quote Scriptures !

2018/2/3 15:42Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Dave

Ha!
Think that’s a first for me on SI;)

2018/2/3 16:36Profile
dohzman

Re: lol

I was in a hurry and threw some stuff off the top of my head, went and did what I had to came back and read your post and was like,”what a knuckle head it was right there in scripture all neat with a bow tie and all” Some how I missed it. Good job Dave.

2018/2/3 17:20Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Picking up on the OP, I understand that Christ dying for our sins so we can be forgiven and enter heaven is only one aspect of the gospel. The co-burial and co-resurection are both essential parts of the gospel, i.e. good news.

Unfortunately too often just this first part is preached and thereby we end up with an incomplete message and either premature spiritual births or miscarriages!

The scripture says that "if Christ is not risen, then our faith is in vain." I believe also that if the resurrection life is not a part of our believing then our faith is in vain.

2018/2/3 18:08Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Amen brother Dave!

2018/2/3 18:47Profile
dohzman

Re: Dave

I’ve been stuck on the nessity of water baptism in the salvation process, preaching on the streets it seems that getting people to move from the streets to water baptism is key to keeping them plugged in to a local body of believers. I was reading The Exodus of Israel and how God called them His Son, Israel my Son, and it just made sense how He used the water to bury them in death and separate them from Egypt’s hold on them and thier coming out the other side as the entering into the resurrection so to speak. It was one of those things that stuck with me for months and my mind couldn’t seem to get past it.

2018/2/3 19:16Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

The Good News is Jesus died for me, took the punishment for my sins on the cross, and saved me from a never ending hell. He lives in me and I get to experience what heaven will be like (in a small measure), an incredible, all consuming love for my Savior and my fellow man. I am no longer a slave to sin, I no longer run my own life (that's a relief!) I can see clearly, like the blind man Jesus healed. And I get the incredible privilege of telling others about my Savior.

Sounds like good news to me!

2018/2/3 21:07Profile
bejkuy

Woodburn, OR

Re:

John 1:29 King James Version (KJV)

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

This sums it up for me. I needed salvation from-not in- my sins. I needed a new heart. I praise God for salvation! Hallelujah!

2018/2/3 22:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy