Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Ruling By Prayer - Derek Prince

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Ruling By Prayer - Derek Prince

Is the gospel spread more effectively in countries where there are good rulers and government in place or in nations where there are evil rulers and the people are subjected to an evil and oppressive government, or does it even make a difference what kind of government is in place?

Derek Prince has an interesting view on this question and how the prayers of the saints can shift and change nations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjQzqwiGU0E

2018/1/29 18:00Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Ruling By Prayer - Derek Prince

"...God has made us a kingdom of priests and as such, our responsibility is to rule by prayer. The Bible reveals that this world is not really ruled by kings, presidents, governors, dictators; they only seek to rule. The people who really rule the world are those who know how to pray."

And that's only the beginning!!! Excellent teaching series.

2018/1/30 6:46Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Lisa, I am glad to hear that you were blessed by Derek Prince’s teaching.

An excellent book on how believers can “Rule by Prayer”
is “Rees Howells Intercessor”.

2018/1/30 9:31Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Quote "The people who really rule the world are those who know how to pray."

Let's just think about this statement and ask is it really true? On the surface it sounds good and what we want to hear. Now I know it depends entirely upon how you go on to define what this 'praying' involves, but the statement in itself puts far too much emphasis on 'us' as being 'in control'

Surely it is God who is ultimately in control, not us! We have to beware our prideful flesh that would so easily rise up and decide what we think should happen in the circumstances of this world and then 'tell God' in prayer what He has to do to enact 'our rule'.

We are to pray 'Your (God's) will be done on earth'
Now when we do that we are His servants seeking to implement His rule over the earth, not our rule.

BTW I am very familiar with Derek Price's ministry (being a Brit) and have in past years sat in a few of his meetings.

2018/1/30 10:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But Jesus himself told us to tell that mountain to move and it will move if we do so in faith.

2018/1/30 12:14Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The Word of God says that we are kings and priests. So what do Kings do? Jesus Christ is the king of kings, so the only authority that we have is that which He has given to us, and we have been made to sit in heavenly places in Christ. The primary purpose of prayer is to bring the kingdom of God and the will of God Down from heaven to earth. God has chosen to
do this through the prayers of His people.

2018/1/30 12:37Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Brothers,
I think this will be a great subject to discuss and expand on.
What is the scope of our authority as believers,how does prayer influence or serve the purpose of God through us etc.

It is clearly not a simple matter or else a few simple prayers and faith filled confessions would have fixed the world already

Blessings

2018/1/30 14:02Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Brothers,
I think this will be a great subject to discuss and expand on.
What is the scope of our authority as believers,how does prayer influence or serve the purpose of God through us etc.

It is clearly not a simple matter or else a few simple prayers and faith filled confessions would have fixed the world already

Blessings

2018/1/30 14:02Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"I think this will be a great subject to discuss and expand on.
What is the scope of our authority as believers,how does prayer influence or serve the purpose of God through us etc."

Amen William!

There certainly is the misuse of authority in prayer within the Church, and this could be the result of the lack of knowledge of what areas that we have authority over, or attempting to use authority in situations that the Lord has not granted to us. But there is also within the Church the non use and exercise of the authority that the Lord has given to us in prayer within the Church, simply because there is a lack of understanding of that authority that the Lord has given to every believer.

The Word of God has much to say about the authority of the believer.

2018/1/30 14:35Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: before you start.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I have not listened to the message, I will sometime later.

Princes and powers of darkness rule the world systems and they have ruled them since the fall.

Our wrestling in prayer effects their rule and effects the decisions human rulers make.
God rules both of these, our instructions are to pray, wrestle, intercede for entrance of God's kingdom and the suppression of Satan's kingdom.

Being led by the Spirit of God in what to pray for, how to pray, what to believe and what to resist in prayer form our 'wrestling' mode.
Prayer is always linked to obedience to 'act' as the Lord instructs.

A few things come into play.
1. The anointing of God moving you to prayer whereby your own heart is motivated to engage God.
2. The faith you have in God to hear and answer, at this stage, trite and romantic notions of prayer and intercession die away...you are left with what you truly believe and are willing to persevere as the Spirit moves you.
3. The wisdom to know that hindrances, interruptions, sickness, discouragement, family or work issues erupt and a myriad of other things will suddenly vie for dominance in your heart and mind.
4. Few if any will persevere with you unless you have joined an intercessory group...and so many of those are stumbling around at #2; you must know up front it will be a lonely road.

Try starting an intercessory group and rarely will you get past #3 and #4 finally takes out the remainder.
All of these things have happened to me repeatedly over the years, all of them the same with slight variations due to where I am in my walk with God.

I am not here in anyway seeking to discourage anyone from such prayer and faith, just be clear as glass to yourself listening to a rousing sermon on 'ruling by prayer' will die just a fast as the boring ones you forget unless you recognize you are going to war and your prayer life is the intended casualty.

2018/1/30 15:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy