SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : We had a powerful meeting

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

We had a powerful meeting

Yesterday we had invited a preacher from former Yugoslavia to our fellowship. He is originally from Nigeria and build two dozen churches in Macedonia. He started with a song in the Macedonian language. Then he brought a simple gospel message about the person who lit the candle upon request of the Philippian jailor and later ministered in prophecy and words of wisdom. I had the privilege to translate for him. Many came forward and God revealed details in the lives of those who came forward and he gave words of wisdom and prophesy. One young lady got saved. I felt quite nervous during the meeting because the resident pastor was not used to this type of ministry but he went along with it.
After all those years of witnessing mostly charlatans when it comes to these manifestations, this was a noteworthy demonstration of God’s power and grace. The preacher had a disarming cheerfulness throughout and reminded us not to forget to smile when we serve God.

Isn’t the gospel the power to save? Some of our brethren would like it to read “doctrine” instead of power.

Sometimes I wonder how much unbelief actually hides behind our fascade of well formulated theology.

2018/1/26 15:30Profile

Re: We had a powerful meeting

Narrow path said:

“Sometimes I wonder how much unbelief actually hides behind our fascade of well formulated theology.”

—————————————————————————————————

Wow, that really hit me and was well said. I can personally say that has happened to me. I’ll even reason my way out of obedience at times with some lofty theological ideal as an excuse, when deep down, surely is a root of unbelief.

I need faith to be increased in my life. Therefore I need to get to know the object of my faith better. Boils down to time spent with Him, getting to know Him. Believe that He is, and that His Word is true.

Thank you for the edifying testimony and for your labor of love in serving the Body of Christ in the manner you did.

Love,
Caleb

2018/1/26 20:07
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
by narrowpath
Many came forward and God revealed details in the lives of those who came forward and he gave words of wisdom and prophesy.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am encouraged, I haven't been to a gathering like that in many years.

I equate 1 Cor 14:25 to this type of ministering (I could be wrong), "The secrets of his heart are made manifest; and so, falling down on his face, he will adore God, affirming that God is among you indeed."

Quote:
by narrowpath
Isn’t the gospel the power to save? Some of our brethren would like it to read “doctrine” instead of power.

Sometimes I wonder how much unbelief actually hides behind our fascade of well formulated theology.

Yes, the gospel is power to save, if we only believe it! Hebrews 4 speaks of hardening our hearts against God and His word and when we do, it equals unbelief. "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts (v7b).

On Wed night at jail, I went over how the angels told unsuspecting shepherds, "we bring you GOOD TIDINGS OF GREAT JOY for ALL men!" I'm so happy for those who had the courage to go forward and can only imagine they left knowing they had received good tiding of great joy!!

God is so good, narrowpath! Thank you for sharing this!

God bless you!
Lisa

PS: Can you share his name?

2018/1/27 5:49Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Brother,

Praise the Lord for this man of God in whom the gifts of the Spirit were flowing through, and thank God for this Pastor that had enough wisdom to recognize that the Spirit of God was at work, even though this was new to him.

I have been in many meetings where the minister was moving out in the gifts of the Spirit and the people were blessed, but what is better than this is when the gifts are not operating through just one man, but through the many membered Body. In most cases this will come through a home meeting. There are not many churches where the Body is able to flow in their giftings.

2018/1/27 13:25Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

He keeps low profile. I found his testmony here.
http://www.scripturaltruths.org/Articles/Testimonies/Testimonies%20-%20Oct.%202011/Jimmy%20Simon%20-%20Testimony.htm

He had been in jail for evangelising twice. A few months ago he was attacked by a an convicted murderer with a hoe.

We have an organisation here in Germany that distributes humanitarian aid in Eastern Europe. They team up with churches who go to the poorest of the poor and distribute it, but never without giving the gospel message. Anothter pastor from Serbia had build 3 churches amoung the gipsies. You cannot imagine the poverty and misery they live in!

It is amazing to see how Good can take our surplus possessions from Germany to build his kingdom elsewhere.

2018/1/27 13:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy