Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : private jet

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I would like to address this with my usual simpler prospective. Ministers of the faith, regardless of who they are, should not be flying in private jets period. These ministers should not act as though they are celebrities, being chased by the Paparazzi. The routes they should take in their travels, should be where they would encounter the most folks they can, to extend their ministry to more lost souls, and have the opportunity to tell more folks about Jesus Christ.

Thank God Jesus did not choose to be carried from one destination to another by chariot, look at how many folks he may have missed out on the opportunity to heal, or to minister to. Of course Jesus was lead by God the father, I’m not saying K.C. is not lead by God, That will be between he and God at the judgement seat. Jesus had a very personal ministry, my guess is because his father figured this is the best kind of ministry.

The WOF ministers in my opinion are just the opposite, they are not very personable at all, because their heavy schedules don't allow them to be, they have to get to as many destinations as possible, as quick as they can, so they can pay their bills with their flocks money. I’m not saying that ministers shouldn’t fly, in today’s world it’s necessary for long travel destinations, but what’s wrong with a regular commercial plane? K.C. ministries could have bought a lot of plane tickets to many different destinations with 3 million dollars, plus had the opportunity to minister to thousands of more folks along the way.

2018/1/26 1:31Profile
dohzman

Re:

All you guys are right , I also believe Mr Bill nailed it on the nose with his comment on access. These guys have body guards and security at thier homes which are more like compounds than homes. When I was younger in Christ I was very condemning, but as I have grown older I guess I have become less vocal. I have a hard time seeing the cross in lavish life styles and private jets. My early years were spent ministering in black communities and what I was told and observed was that in that culture the condition of the minister was a reflection of the church members, there was many times we want out and feed many of these precious saints because they gave even thier grocery monies in thier local church offerings and did not keep anything back to eat or pay the bills, I always felt there was something wrong about that.

I have watched the elderly do the same with these TV ministries. My neighbor was Bob Jones, he used to travel with Katherine Kulman and than helped Rex Hubbard set up his ministry in Akron, he always told me that TV was a trap for most ministers and changed them. He would conclude with a warning to me personally.

2018/1/26 12:53Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by dohzman
...he always told me that TV was a trap for most ministers and changed them.

It's not just TV. Years ago, I went to this awesome church, we met at the local high school. Then we bought some land and built a building and the pastor was under pressure from then on.

He started turning to man's idea's to get money. [He even knew that when folks are standing, they give more (esp the men) because of better access to their wallets. (I was in a meeting with him when he said this).]

He turned against anything "Holy Spirit" related.

New buildings bring on the glitz (in the community) that TV does (on a much smaller scale). Eventually, this man literally ran off every person that started with him. It was very sad to watch and be a part of (watching people leave one by one hurt).

God bless,
Lisa

2018/1/26 13:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy