SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : private jet

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

private jet

"'Jesus bought this': Delighted televangelist Kenneth Copeland giggles with glee as he unveils new $3million private jet paid for by donations from his followers..."

Read whole article here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5286955/Prosperity-Preacher-Kenneth-Copeland-giggles-GV.html

2018/1/20 17:46

Re: private jet

He's enjoying the blessings of God. ☺

Blaine

2018/1/20 18:43
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: private jet

How I hate the prosperity gospel. I see it destroying true christian growth and making a mockery of Jesus Christ.

"I shudder to think of standing before the Judgment Seat of Jesus Christ having preached that kind of a message!"
-David Wilkerson

2018/1/20 19:23Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

The prosperity gospel is easy to spot and defeat. It results usually in false believers.

There is a far greater threat the power, presence and love of God in the church though.

True believers particularly in the west are living the prosperity gospel even though they hate it's preaching. The abundance of possessions and wealth among Christians is nothing more than covetousness and idolatry. We desire and seek after the things money can buy for ourselves whether it be toys or larger homes or comfort, security and big savings/investments for our future all of which Jesus condemned.

Our pursuit of money shows the desires of our hearts and the lovelessnes in our souls.

2018/1/21 0:15Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Creflo Dollar spent 67 million more than Copeland did on his.

https://www.christianpost.com/amp/creflo-dollar-will-get-70-million-gulfstream-g650-jet-says-church-world-changers-board-says-it-is-necessary-for-ministry-139858/

2018/1/21 0:22Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//big savings/investments for our future all of which Jesus condemned.//

The average life span in the first century (assuming a person survived childhood) was about 48 years.

There was no need to save for retirement- you worked until you died at a fairly young age.

2018/1/21 8:22Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Respectfully, Luke 12 and the story of the man who was "a fool" for building bigger barns for food for his future instead of being generous toward God in the present has little to do with average life spans. It is a parable concerning storing up treasures on earth instead of treasures in heaven through generous giving to the poor. There is no moral difference between private jets and big retirement accounts from Jesus' perspective. The moral issue is love of self versus love of God and others.

2018/1/21 16:22Profile
dohzman

Re:

I believe you are right , however what I have seen is America is blessed because they are the most giving Country in the entire world. I tend toward balance and past examples, private jets are excessive spending in my opinion by those who fleece the sheep with a false gospel. However, God does not care who much money a person has in his/her check book as long as He is Lord over thier spending/ giving habits. I do not believe God cares if His children have homes and cars and retirement funds as long as they give it all to Him if He should ask.

Self love verses Love of God expressed in acts of mercy/righteousness can be a problem and in prosperity the Christian needs to take extra precautions not to fall into the snare of the devil by becoming totally self centered. Jesus said take up your cross and follow me, Luke adds daily.

2018/1/21 17:54Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Proverbs 13:22

A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just
Proverbs 19:14

House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the Lord.

And from another perspective

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also

We do not attempt to balance these two texts, otherwise we will likely inject human wisdom into our walk with God.

We are to be 100% focused upon Jesus Christ and seeking the kingdom of God first.
In the doing of that, wives are given, houses are bought, businesses owned, farms run, families raised, communities are raised up, states and nations are formed all of this is God's doing.

Both old and new covenants make way for the life of the Christian, and if the Christian is not being killed, persecuted or run off of his land, God's material blessing would always follow.

There is nothing sacred in poverty, death, desease, hardship, famines, plagues. Those are judgments, and at best hardships we depend upon God to live through and continue serving him in this life.

Paul teaches about how the single person has a great deal of leverage in his life to serve God without job, family, wife/husband and turn all things over to God. But that calling is not for everyone, wives, families and businesses are to be developed and farms to be run...we are not all nomads worshipping in the desert, nor are we all private Jet owners.

K.C. is in my opinion exploiting the people of God and purchases that stuff for his own prestige as a preacher among his W.O.F buddies. When another man by the blessing of God gains riches by right and good conduct, honoring God; it is wrong and sinful to condemn him for what God has in fact given to him.
Let us be thankful for what God has given us and has blessed us with in our country.

2018/1/25 21:17Profile
dohzman

Re:

Marvin, that was well put. In my personal life I tend toward ascetism and have always had a difficult time finding a peaceful balance.

When I see some preachers with thier million dollar life styles it blows my mind but than I figure it’s just me since they all seem to be excepted by what I would call are some respected preachers, or at least no one with a nation platform is speaking against them any way.. I come just short of calling them wolves in sheeps clothing. Anyway thank you for the post, it was articulated very well.

2018/1/25 21:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy