Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Soldier- B.H. Clendennen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Brother miller, you will see in time to come that what passes as an acceptable way to preach and an acceptable way to receive cannot be dictated by what you think the crowd wants.

I know for a fact people don't like it when you put them on the spot, words like " To try to force conviction and do the work of The Holy Spirit" are used to push back the minister, why? Because when people go to Church now a days they want it safe, rhetorical and if its potent or sharp its got to be for someone else. Ive been witnessing it for decades.

By God's grace I will deliver the word of God faithfully and I expect God to do as he pleases. As to glorying in another man's flesh, my hearts desire is for them to glory in Christ I take joy in that and rejoice when someone obeys God.

When you speak to a group and you purposely include the leadership...they can and will get testy with you because they think nothing you say can possibly apply to them, they are there to listen not to heed the word spoken.

It is because of exactly the kind of preaching that expects nothing, believes nothing and asks nothing of the congregation...they get just that. But you will be praised for the rhetoric...but make it about them and that's a different story.

The upside down preaching is done when a sermon on repentance is given and sharp words are used and the congregation acts like they are all getting pay raises.

Its a lack of discerning to let it go and pretend they were convicted.

2018/1/23 20:27Profile
rbanks

Re:

Marvin,

Do you believe people have to be perfect before they can shout and praise God?

Do you believe people can speak, sing, and shout in tongues?

Do you believe God wants His people to praise Hiim out loud?

I understand about hypocrisy and self righteousness but the message wasn’t just a message on repentance but a very encouraging message to be faithful.

Well ok, so you judged the crowds reaction and I only focused on the message. So you be the smart guy who knows and judges how the crowd should have responded and how brother Clendennen should have discerned. I’ll just appreciate the message and praise God for it and let him be the judge.

Blessings...rbanks

2018/1/23 22:15Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Brother banks, you should know I rejoice in all those things you asked, and I rejoiced at Brother Clendennens message as well, I found it both challenging and convicting. We both appreciate the message.

2018/1/23 22:47Profile
rbanks

Re:

Ok Marvin,

I do agree with a lot of your understanding in your posts, but I didn’t appreciate you taking out your grievances of people in general over the years that you have seen in your ministry on one of the best messages to have been preached by one of the generals of the faith.

Anyway I’ve let this bother me too much. I’m free from it now. Blessings to you and your ministry brother Marvin.

May God bless you richly and give you much fruit from your labors!

Blessings...rbanks

2018/1/23 22:52Profile
dohzman

Re: Sinners in The Hands of an angry God

The above sermon was read in a monotone voice and God came and did what was needed for that hour.

The message above may have had those in the crowd cheering who needed to be judged ,but in no way would I know that since I was not present and The Lord by Word of knowledge or discerning of spirits has not chosen to enlighten me on the crowd. The message was on target. As to preaching and expectations, some plant, some water but God gives the increase. We really can’t see the effect of this message since we cannot know what The Lord did afterwards, and down through the years since as it has been played, but we do know that God who is faithful has said His Word would not return to Him void, but would accomplish the purpose for which He sent, and let the preacher add his faith to the Word spoken. Amen

AW Tozer is a bit dry to listen to but his sermons in written form are like a sledgehammer to the heart. On and on, preachers are called to be faithful in giving the Word, it’s really difficult to measure a message by the initial response . We walk by faith and not by sight, however, it is really nice when we see The move of God happen.

2018/1/23 23:04Profile
SherlockA

Re:

I have listened to 'Soldier's Message' more than 5x in the course of 10yrs, especially in those times that I intend to give up. It's really inspiring and stirring. I took me 3yrs to find this message again after my SOC class, and found it here in SI! I can easily adapt since I myself have former military trainings and i understand the context he was preaching.

I thanked God for Bro Clendennen's ministry including those who supported the SOC. I am one of the thousands who have been reached and revived in Asia, School of Christ I believe is now more than 90 batches of graduates only in the Philippines! I think i was in between batch 50-60. Literally, Christian life is very similar to a military life, hence, his ministry in SOC has been patterned to this.

Our Church advocacy was birthed out of SOC ministry, we entitled it 'Redeeming the Integrity of the Church'. Funds to reach farthest towns and localities came from our internal members, other ministerial groups were surprised to know that we are able to have resources for such, knowing we have a very limited source.

These are just few of testimonies I can give about the messages and support we have received from Clendennen's ministry. We dont owe it to the sergeant, we owe everything to God, just doing the same passion as what the old soldier did.

2018/1/23 23:42Profile

Re:

I had the privilege of meeting B. H. Clendennen several times after hearing him preach and own hundreds of his sermons on audiocassette, CD, and DVD. With his permission I illustrated his life story in graphic novel form. He passed away before it saw print, but he did see the cover art and his family and partners in ministry (at the School of Christ International) are very happy with the results.

You can see a few preview pages here:

http://calvarycomics.com/publications/soldier_of_the_cross.html

2018/1/24 7:03
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Thanks Brother Alec and Sherlock for some of the backstory to Brother Clendennen.

I will have a listen to more of his preaching, the soldier sermon was quite good (despite what conversations were had about it). Appreciate the input.

2018/1/24 16:13Profile
SherlockA

Re:

Thanks too brother Marvin.

2018/1/24 20:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy