SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Quitting the denominations by Osca Nzeh

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Simpke Felliwship

I came out of the Jesus movement where our fellowships were spontaneous. We met under the leading and the direction and the empowering of the Holy Spirit. For the first few years of my walk with Christ my church was in those simple fellowship that gathered around the simplicity of Jesus.

In recent years I have had a little taste of what I experienced in the Jesus movement. When I was in Little Rock I met with a brother and his dear wife and their children. We would meet every Wednesday evening to share a meal and do whatever God laid on our hearts. Sometimes I read from the word. Sometimes we shared prayer concerns. Sometimes they watch the video. Sometimes we did all of the above. But our times are always focused on the Simplicity and purity of honoring Jesus and experiencing His life.

Before moving out to Denver a sister and a brother and I met at the house that I was caretaking once or twice a week. We would share a simple meal and then have a time of prayer and sharing the word. Truly a special time.

Probably the best Sermon Index conference I ever attended was when about 20 of us met in Missouri a few years ago. We gathered under the leadership of Jesus. There was no agenda. There were no big-name speakers. We were in fasting mode. We were simply there to see Jesus and to edify and encourage one another. However long for another such meeting.

Just simply sharing my experiences of simple Fellowship.

Bro Blaine

2018/1/19 18:56

Re: Remembering Those Precious Times

A brother shares his experiences in the Jesus movement on simple fellowship. For those of you who came out of the Jesus movement the message should bring back memories.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=24408

Blaine

2018/1/19 19:01
Caleb4life

Minnesota

Re:

Dear brother Frank,

Your sharing of this testimony is greatly appreciated!

It was quite edifying, and yet I also agree with whoever said that it should not be taken as prescriptive (which I’m sure you agree with!).

I believe the pure spotless bride of our Lord Jesus Christ is infinitely diverse and she can be found in the most unlikely of places at any God given appointed time.

I can’t remember whose post it was, but the term “wanderer” was used. While I assume most people would hear a negative connotation when that word is used to describe a follower of Christ, I kind of like it, in light of this brother’s testimony.

It reminds me of the famous saying “not all who wander are aimless”.

It’s funny, because In talking with a dear brother recently, I called myself a “floater”, for lack of a better term in the moment. It can be so complex trying to communicate with people who do not know how to relate to sincere followers of Christ that are not members of a local church, or if not, at least “shopping” for one.

Sure, there are those who are simply apathetic and indifferent when they learn you don’t “go to church”, but I’m not talking about them.

I’m talking about sincere saints who truly cannot imagine any legitimate functioning member of the body NOT being a member of a local church in the common church cultural way.

But Frank, I lappreciate how you asked, how do we define a local church?

Truthfully, at this point, I am increasingly comfortable NOT defining it (knowing in its simplest terms, it’s all the saints in a locale), because He knows His living stones, and His living stones know Him.

In the meantime, we are FREE TO LOVE EVERYONE (And of course this goes for anyone who regularly goes to church or not)!!

Now, to love others the way I love myself, that’s a whole ‘nother matter. :-)

P.s. Frank, can you email, call or text me? My two oldest boys have a home school hoops tourney in Kansas in March. [email protected], 612-269-9004.

2018/1/20 0:38Profile
rbanks

Re:

The problems we face is so much darkness and not much light shining. The church is to gather together and function in the Holy Spirit. Life in the Spirit is most important to any gathering of the saints. God wants his people to gather together under the leadership of the Holy Spirit. We must be about maturing believers in the body of Christ to be conformed to the image of Christ with an emphasis on reaching the Lost.

Ephesians 4:11-16
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

What truly matters most of all is....are we serving the living God through His Son Jesus Christ, our Lord?

Matthew 7:21 (KJV) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46 (KJV)
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

James 1:22 (KJV)
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Revelation 22:14 (KJV)
14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

I noticed the title, quitting the denominations, now it sounds like he needed to quit something because he had lost his purpose for being a Christian minister. I do hope he becomes more effective in his relationship to Jesus Christ as well as his ministry to others. But I also noticed he took a broad brush and swiped everybody else without any love or consideration that there was anybody in another denomination that could actually be in a real relationship with Jesus Christ doing real ministry for the Lord. He still needs a lot of maturing in Christ and hopefully he will find God’s way instead of His own way.

Now there are so many dead churches and it is hard to find one that is truly alive unto the Lord because of so much departure from the original message begun at the outpouring at Pentecost in the upper room. But everyone must follow God in the Word according the leading of the Holy Spirit. It is biblical to have church leadership to help the saints grow in the Lord.

Ephesians 4:11-12 (KJV) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

It is biblical to gather together with other believers.

Hebrews 10:24-26 (KJV) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Now I believe when a person has received so much light from the scriptures then they are responsible to do something with what they have received. In other words, we must be about the will of God in reaching the lost and discipling/maturing believers. We shouldn’t be causing confusion and painting everything with a broad brush. How many people are we winning to Christ by criticizing and condemning?

I don’t mind saying that I am a part of a Pentecostal denomination. It is not perfect and I pray for the leaders, ministers, and people that are a part. I only look at it as a tool but my faith is totally in Jesus Christ. I understand there is only one church and Kingdom of God. I am totally free in Christ. I have preached and seen many saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. I have witnessed major healings from the Lord. Now I will say that if I’m ever commanded to do something unbiblical or every told I couldn’t preach what God gave me from the Holy Spirit, from the inspired Word, then I would have a problem that could cause me to leave the denomination, if we couldn’t reconcile before God. I am free, but I’m also accountable, because I need to be submissive to others in the body of Christ.

One final note, I hope we all are striving to please the Lord. I hope we all want to hear him say “well done thou good and faithful servant”.

Blessings to all...rbanks

2018/1/20 9:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy