SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Quitting the denominations by Osca Nzeh

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Quitting the denominations by Osca Nzeh

Quitting The Denominations by Oscar Nzeh.

"I will keep this simple.When I finally quit the denomination (divisions, alternative kingdoms to God's) in which i was also a pastor, initially there were suspicions regarding whether i was going to start "my own church." This is because pastors quit denominations for different reasons and they end up NATURALLY starting their own club. Some quit because they were hurt or suppressed or jealousy etc. Out of this hurt they start their own club and try to prove that they are also anointed.

I quit the denominations because my eyes were opened to CHRIST IN ME, the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the reality of His Body that transcends artificial walls and that cannot be experienced in those walls. I quit because denominations are opposite kingdom to God's and a false husband that loves to fornicate with Christ's bride. I don't have to start anything because the Church of God is already built.

After quitting i received offers from different quarters either to join another denomination who needed my service or offers from well meaning people who wanted to support me get a place and to start "my own." I rejected all these offers because i was no more ignorant about Christ, Church and ministry. Everything has been redefined by God for me.

The Blessing

When i left i began to experience true service to the Body of Christ. The Body of Christ is ALL AROUND us to be served. I had no pressure, no budget to meet, no name to protect, no brand to build, no building or Secretariat to finance, no fund to raise. I was no more pastor but brother. I was a free man. I saw new possibilities and limitlessness of service (ministry) to the Body of Christ. I started doing things I couldn't do before. Ministry was EVERYWHERE. I would be invited over in the houses of brothers and sisters sharing the Word of God, i would go anywhere i was needed, wherever fellowship was possible. I was sleeping over anywhere serving or talking about God. I was still serving the people of God. In fact i would be more busy sometimes more than I was in the denominations but my time was mine, my pace and in freedom. Everything was spontaneous and not official and formal or ritualistic but living. It was in the homes, in their shops, in a cafe, under a tree, on a relaxed stroll etc. There was no need to be different, to look different, to be special, to wear a suit. There was no need to appear strong. I could open my weaknesses, share my battles and victories etc. I became real friends with God's people and my home became a place of friendly interactions and people went as they came without having to own them.

Till today I haven't still started "my own church" and some people are still amazed about it because naturally, pastors leave to only start their own sect because it's like a religious crack Cocaine you cannot help it's addiction, a vicious cycle you cannot escape.

When you quit because God revealed His Son to you, it ends the addiction to "ministry and churchianity" because it's about a relationship with Jesus.

The Body of Christ is not a wall of bricks neither is it a human organisation headed by men. It is all those who have His Life in them all over the Earth with Christ as their Head."

Brother Osca is Nigerian brother ......bro Frank

2018/1/17 15:50
browny

Re: Quitting the denominations by Osca Nzeh

Thanks for posting and sharing this!

& Blessings to you brother Frank.

browny.

2018/1/19 1:52Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Quitting the denominations by Osca Nzeh

Hi Frank,

Much of this article resonates with me and I can empathise with him. So my question is not to disagree, but to ask how this works out in practice.

As we know, there is high emphasis in scripture on the the importance of the local 'church'/ body / gathering of believers being a community and sharing lives. Also much is said about the order and life of the local church, such as appointing of Elders, different giftings and ministries, etc.

So my question is, how does the position taken in the article of not being part of any particular local church fit in with the scriptural pattern for the 'church'?

I think many of us can agree that denominationalism and churchianity are good things to get out of, but I'm not sure just being a 'wandering' member of the church at large is the answer.

2018/1/19 10:30Profile
browny

Re:

Dave is asking ....
“Much of this article resonates with me and I can empathise with him. So my question is not to disagree, but to ask how this works out in practice.”

“So my question is, how does the position taken in the article of not being part of any particular local church fit in with the scriptural pattern for the 'church'?”

I think this is a good and sincere question....

2018/1/19 11:27Profile

Re:

Hi Dave, it is a good question and I would answer it with a question " what is a local church?"

As you may know I am from a town in Scotland called Greenock. Population is about 40,000 people. It has many of the problems that plague Scottish towns, generational unemployment, drugs, alcohol, violence and so on, and of course, hopelessness in the midst of much poverty. Nationally , about 3% of Scottish people attend church and if you were to look at a trend graph the arrow is plummeting down. In maybe one more generation, there will be literally no one going to church. If ever there was a crisis it is now. Yet, in my hometown there are at least 40 different churches of every stripe. Every imaginable denomination is represented. The church that my parents attend has about 12 people that come on a Sunday, the Free church. My parents are among the youngest and they are 77 years old. Yet, if anyone were to suggest that they throw their lot in with the Pentecostal church, who have about 40, hands would be thrown in the air.

Until Gods people begin to meet together because they are Gods people, the disaster will continue to unfold. They can have their disunity but what they cannot have is God's blessing upon it. At some point there has to be a recognition of the problem before any solution can be found. My mother goes the the Free church to honor my Father, but she has a group of about six that meet many times during the week and fellowship and pray for each other and so on. If I were home in Greenock I would meet with that group or perhaps another that truly represents the Body as opposed to people who represent whatever name is above the door......bro Frank

2018/1/19 12:24
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hi Frank, can't argue with what you have written.

I got the impression from the article that the writer was just independent and not committed to any group of saints. That said, I think in most 'churches' most folk live independently and just turn up for the 'meetings'. How much real fellowship is there among believers today in their every day lives?

I don't know what the answer is, but we need to get back somehow to real living as a body of believers. My wife an I were recently discussing this and how when we were young converts back in the early '80s there were quite a few of us around the same age (and some older one) and we just naturally lived in spontaneous fellowship wth one another, meeting from house to house without invites. The set meeting days were just another extention of this.
Did we have problems and errors in those immature days? Oh yes we did, but there was also life there!

Maybe some folk still experience this, it would be good to know.

2018/1/19 14:56Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Testimonies like this are similar to Francis Chan called 'uncaged'. get out from under churchianity or denominational restraint.

Couple of issues.
1. This testimony cannot be made prescriptive, the scriptures give specifics in Christian community (Church) and what that means. His testimony is a variant and specific to himself.
2. This testimony can be reversed where someone enters denominational=institutional setting to do the work of God.

On the surface it sounds great and I am not here trying to undermine it, but I dont see how this goes much farther than giving those who shun any kind of institutional setting anything but ammo to fire against what God might be doing in a denominational setting.

This testimony is only the first leg of the journey, its not run its full course, the man has yet to show how this independence is the plan of God for anyone but himself.

The same testimony could be given by those who were denominational members for 50 years and all the good God did in it.

This sort of thing looks good, but Im not sold at all it contains the truth about how God will have us join together for his purposes.

A further note, after thinking about it, this kind of thing shows up where one part of the body is seeking to live as 'it is' rather than being constrained to imitate what it is not.
example. The eye likes to be free, no blinder, no restraint, no hindrance to 'seeing'.
The foot on the other hand is fine with the constraint of the shoe or boot, its good in the dark, happy when its contained around a 'thing' that aids its walk and adds safety and comfort to its flesh.
One, to work properly must be free of restraint, the other is helped by enclosure/limitations.

putting a shoe on my eye wont work, a hand over the eye keeps our glare. But a hand over my foot when walking on thorns...wont work.

When I read testimonies like Osca's, this is what stands out to me, not a validation to uproot Christianity's Church structures or methodology.

2018/1/19 16:19Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Frank I did not know you lived in Greenock !!

2018/1/19 17:34Profile

Re:

Hi Dave, I loved your testimony of your younger days. I wish, just once, someone would give a Biblical explanation for denominations instead of just saying " well, fifty years ago....." A thing is either Biblically true or not. I love your last line Dave " but there was life there.' Amen bro......bro Frank

2018/1/19 17:44

Re:

I dont live there any more Dominic, moved to Kansas 27 years ago. Go home every couple of years, see my folks and so, went home for a year once, and of course asked Greg to do a conference there, hence the Greenock conference which led to Time Square Church coming the following year, filling up the whole valley with His glory and many souls coming to Jesus. I believe that was due to the interceding prayers of the saints......bro Frank

2018/1/19 17:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy