SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : When all is stripped away

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

When all is stripped away

I think that when all is stripped away and all we have left is Jesus, we discover that Jesus is all that we need. Trials and tribulations and failures bring this life into a proper perspective. This is why, I believe, that Paul identifies the major flaw that we have, in Romans 7. We discover a law in our flesh, sin. And if that is all that we had then we would be men and women most miserable, we who know Jesus.

For to know Jesus is to stand in the light, yet when we stand in the light we see our sin in ways that a person not saved could never see because they stay in the darkness so that their deeds remain hidden, not so much to the world but to themselves. And in the blindness of that darkness they cannot see their true state. Yet we saints can see it and in the natural we cry out O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

But here comes the overcoming glory, we discover by walking in the Spirit that we are no longer condemned. We no longer hide ourselves from God, indeed we do the opposite, we come to God the Father because Jesus the Son of God made the way for us. Glory to God because there is therefore now no condemnation to those who are are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death......... bro Frank

2018/1/16 11:01
EAGLEFLYING

Re: When all is stripped away

But here comes the overcoming glory, we discover by walking in the Spirit that we are no longer condemned

Amen Bro Frank
Its all gonna burn and only what we do for JESUS will last.
Blessings
sister Frannie

2018/1/16 18:37Profile

Re:

"Its all gonna burn and only what we do for JESUS will last."

amen sister......................bro Frank

2018/1/16 23:16
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

an important watchword God gave me 2 years ago is:

'Nothing is important but JESUS and abiding in Him.' - H.R.W.

2018/1/17 10:40Profile

Re:

Greg quotes..........

'Nothing is important but JESUS and abiding in Him.'

Amen bro, no one could argue with........ bro Frank

2018/1/18 18:53

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy