SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do we really want Revival ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

Amen!

2018/1/16 22:05Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I think my heart has to been to pray for a true revival as I had so much of the false, I desire for the true.
I know I cannot do, it has to be God that does it.
I think we have to pray that we can pray for revival in us first and pray that we can pray for revival.

2018/1/19 18:51Profile
dohzman

Re:

Heb 11:6

2018/1/19 23:45Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
…the problem is Brownsville did not have the marks of a true revival…

And yet amazingly God used this movement for his glory. I think of a relative, a dear pastor, who had come to a difficult point in his life. His church had turned against him. He was a wreck, at the bottom, utterly disillusioned. While on his “holiday” away – he went to Brownsville (unplanned) – and God did an incredible serious of miracles – reaching as for up as Canada – his church. The church experienced revival and repentance, even while their (almost-excommunicated) pastor was away getting restored and refreshed in spirit. It resulted in reconciliation.

I am frequently amazed by what God does even through movements that are fraught with defects. It makes me realize that even while I grieve over the absence of those “authentic” revivals of the past, God does work revival under my nose. God help me see it!!

2018/1/22 8:27Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I wish you could understand how much damage Toronto did to my life as I had to move school and church

Perhaps I understand a bit, Blaine. I got turfed too – replaced by the “more spiritual” form of “worship”. I felt demeaned by fellow worshippers, and it took me a long time to get over my offense.

Quote:
Do we realky want rwvival?

I thinl we have seen the answer to that question. We rather debate revival instead of praying for it.

Blaine, I’m the devil’s advocate here: I confess, this question and comment unsettles me. It seems I should feel guilty for my “bad” attitude – or rather – a bad motive – even an unholy motive! Yet how can even I know my heart motive, let alone another's.

As I see it, a longing for revival could accompany a sense of grief over failed expectation. The experience of loss might get expressed through anger, complaint, and cynicism. Didn’t even Jeremiah struggle with that?

2018/1/22 8:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy