SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is being said out there?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Diane: Thank you, thank you, thank you for saying concisely what would take me a dozen posts to say.

Ha! It took me years to formulate these thoughts. It just happens that I suddenly found a spot to articulate it.

2018/1/10 19:58Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Brother Blaine: If you get banned for hetetical views, just think of what awaits you for heretical views!

Please allow me to join you.

Watched the movie "The notebook" with my wife...around the 5th time seeing it God ministered something very deep in my heart about his love towards me through one of the last scenes. It blesses me everytime I think of it. I realize to some its impossible for God to speak to us through a movie containing fornication.
But I might be in good company still, that Apostle John used an adulteress (not a fake play-acting one, but a real one) to display the forgiveness of God on more than one occasion.

There is remarriage after divorce, there is grace for the believer if the unbeliever puts them out and divorces.

God has spoken to me outside the canon so many times I cannot count. I only count it as God speaking when it is agreement with the canon. I don't believe for a moment this is an exception, I believe it is to be normative.

Let us take our places of execution together.

I have many things in my life I regret, being judged prematurely before all things are exposed by God is not one of them.

2018/1/10 20:42Profile
rbanks

Re:

Psalm 24:3-5 (KJV) 3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? 4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

2 Corinthians 7:1 (KJV)
1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

1 Thessalonians 3:13 (KJV)
13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

1 Thessalonians 4:7 (KJV)
7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Hebrews 12:14 (KJV)
14 Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

1 Peter 1:14-16 (KJV)
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: 15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

1 Corinthians 2:9-13 (KJV) 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

*We need to know the difference in what is of the flesh and what is of the Holy Spirit. We are to walk in the Spirit and learn to distinguish spiritual things from carnal things.

Those who walk after the flesh mind the things of the flesh and the carnally minded cannot please God. We must understand as Christians that God desires for us to become spiritual. We cannot please God by watching or participating in ungodly things.

We must also realize that what we think we have learned by worldly wisdom does not please God. Worldly wisdom does not please God because only spiritual things taught to us by the Holy Spirit will be the wisdom that is acceptable to God.

In all of our learning, we still have not learned anything until we have been taught by the Holy Spirit. So much wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. The natural man cannot receive the Spiritual things of God because they are foolishness to him. The spiritual man can only learn from the Holy Spirit the things that are spiritual from God.

Now God is Spirit and they who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and truth. So many Christians are doing worldly and ungodly things that hinder their spiritual growth and are not able to walk by faith in the Spirit so that they can please God. Many are so carnal that they have no desire to please God. We can never be ready to meet God if we are not walking in the Spirit desiring to please Him in all things.

Jesus said to those who have ears to hear, to hear what the Spirit is saying to His Church. We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ to receive as we have done in the body while on earth whether it be good or bad. We need to pray that we will have a proper fear and respect for the almighty Lord God. He desires to be a Father to those who come out from amongst the world separated unto Him as His sons and daughters who are the clean vessels of honor unto the Lord. God will not be mocked, those who sow to the flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but those who sow to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Blessings to all...rbanks

2018/1/10 23:42Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Rbanks:

Since I'm the only one ( I think that posted a movie he watched) this seems to belong to me.

"We cannot please God by watching or participating in ungodly things."

Let me help you.

You don't have to be coy with all the scripture text postings, just come out and say it
"brother Marv that movie choice could be harmful to your spirit, guard yourself, walk in the spirit at all times" or something to that affect. It's ok, to be straight with me, tell me directly.

The long posting of all those texts sounds like a lecture to me instead of a reproof.

I receive the reproof.

God's grace be upon us both.

2018/1/12 12:43Profile
rbanks

Re:

Hey brother Marvin,

I don’t get involved in a lot of the theories or theologies of men because theology without the life of the Spirit is death.

God’s Love does no harm to his neighbor because the love of God is the fulfilling of the law. Most don’t understand the love of God and his hatred toward evil. It can only be revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. When we have truly been awakened to His Holiness by the Spirit then we learn to abstain from all appearances of evil. We can’t delight in anything that misrepresents His love and holiness.

His truth will set you free! I’ve tried to warn people about the movie/book called “The Shack” but many Christians are shallow in the love and holiness of God. So I just post every now and then. I really like a lot of your understanding on your posts but I was a little surprised by some of your understanding. But not really...considering that we are all still a work in progress by our Heavenly Father. Who is at work forming us to the image of His Son.

Don’t worry it hasn’t bothered me at all, because I’m still very much afraid of offending God. I’m still striving to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God. My desire is not to offend but I pray that others will be more enlightened as well as myself to a walk that is more pleasing to God.

I do hope you the best in Christ Jesus! God gave us His best and do hope we will strive to become the best we can be in Him!

Blessings...rbanks

2018/1/12 16:14Profile

Re: Re My Walk With Jesus is Shallow

Rbanks writes...

《《 I’ve tried to warn people about the movie/book called “The Shack” but many Christians are shallow in the love and holiness of God.》》

Then brother please mark me shallow in the love and holiness of God. I read the book and saw the movie and found redemptive value in both of them.

But then I guess I'm shallow in my walk with Christ because I saw the Winston Churchill movie Darkest Hour. I intend to see the Voice of the Martyrs movie presentation Tortured for Christ. It is on the life of Richard Wurmbrand which will be showing in the theaters this March. I guess that makes me shallow in my walk with Christ. I even intend to see the movie The Apostle Paul. But what can I say. I am shallow in my walk with Christ.

From your shallow brother in Jesus.

Blaine

2018/1/12 17:42
rbanks

Re:

Six Major Problems with The Shack

http://www.ltw.org/read/articles/2017/03/six-major-problems-with-the-shack#.WlljHE9CJ6I.gmail

2018/1/12 20:42Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Thanks you for a gracious reply.

Ecc_7:5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

2018/1/12 21:52Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Without attempting to justify sin or sinful actions It's important to note that everything is at God's disposal.

Movies, books, news broadcasts... these and much more at God's disposal for the training of his people. I'm not in some weird way advocating the purchase of a playboy magazine to enhance your understanding of worldly thinking. I am saying nothing is excluded from God's Spirit.

Years ago I was teaching at the womens center at the Union gospel mission. I loved preaching there and God blessed many women there with new life in Jesus and hope for future with peace and provision.

That night I was preaching on the topic of forgiveness. I am no stranger to forgiveness, I am no stranger to sin and I bear on my life the marks sins will leave. Yet God's forgiveness is such a deep and emotional thing as well as a needed biblical truth to those damaged women.
About midway through the sermon, one of my student asked if she could share something about forgiveness and how God had done for her all that was being discussed from the scripture.
In short, she elaborated on how she was molested from 11 years old up until she was 18, then passed around to her dads friends. It had a devastating effect upon her life.
She stood up and testified to the forgiveness of God, the love of Jesus Christ and the forgiveness she had in her heart toward her father and all those who hurt her over the years. She recounted to us how Jesus forgiving her empowered her to forgive others and her heart was joyful and thankful to God for all Jesus did for her.
I stood there behind the lecturn in tears, in front of me stood a woman that took me to school right there on the forgiveness of God. There was a depth of hurt and defilement that was thrust upon her and yet Jesus completely set her free, and her countenance was beautiful.

There was no up-staging, no one-uping by way of testimony, all there was, could only be described as a powerful visitation of the Spirit of God in that room of 10 women.

A woman who was raped repeatedly for years was used by God to school all of us in the power of the Lord Jesus to forgive and transform a victim into a victor.
If some benefit ever comes from the shack (I do not endorse this heretical movie) it is a trifling compared to the cost of that lesson I received from one of God's people.

One of the pastor's of a Church my wife and I attended long years ago, came to Jesus by watching the movie Jesus Christ super star. There's nothing in that movie I care to see, But God used it for the salvation of a man. I am not sanctifying the movie, I am praising God he's wiser and greater than our heresies and stupidity.

2018/1/12 22:19Profile
rbanks

Re:

Yes brother Marvin, God is amazing in His mercy towards us!

If man doesn’t get convicted by the Holy Spirit while He is living in sin then there is no hope of redemption for mankind because all are sinners needing salvation.

So God has to speak to us with conviction while we are living our everyday life through the things we are sometimes engaged in, even though he may not approve of the whole but uses a relative truth that turns a person toward the truth of the Word that causes one to experience the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

The Christian on the other hand, having already come to the knowledge of salvation, is to grow in grace unto Holiness. He/she is to now be light in the Lord and walk as children of light, pleasing unto the Lord, reproving the unfruitful lives of those who live in darkness.

Blessings...rbanks

2018/1/13 8:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy