SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : about FORGIVENESS...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

about FORGIVENESS...

Daily Awakenings

December 28

About Forgiveness
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Matthew 6:12

"But you don't know what he did to me!" says the disgruntled church member. "I'll forgive him if he first comes and apologizes to me."

Just a few feet away another complaint is heard. "I've been in this church for the last 10 years. The choir director knows how much I've wanted to sing a solo. I can't believe she was chosen to sing the special in the Christmas cantata." My friend, these are just two imaginary members demonstrating what takes place far too often. It's time to sit down at the table and call a truce to the endless barrage of accusations. With the cup of the Lord in one hand and the bread of His presence in the other, we need to begin demonstrating the love and kindness of our Redeemer.

"It's communion every day," said Henry Ward Beecher. "The body of Christ is wherever human bodies are, and he who has any bitterness against his brother is always committing sacrilege." Reverend Beecher further points out that saying "I can forgive, but I cannot forget" is only another way of saying, "I will not forgive." He states, "A forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note, torn in two and burned up, so that it never can be shown against the man."

Only a few more days remain in this year. There is no good reason to harbor unforgiveness and carry it into the new year. Whatever it takes, get it out of your system. Think of what Jesus has forgiven you of, and it will be much easier to forgive your brother. Do it now while there is still time.

2 Chronicles 33; Revelation 19;
Malachi 1; John 18

2017/12/28 11:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy