SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Poison of sour grapes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
havok20x....I agree that the context of the verse used to support the idea is actually contradicting the idea that is being presented. Let us be careful about how we use the scriptures.

And I totally agree with you here.
"dspks" was somehow of the impression I agreed with the original post, my post was just an opinion, and "SURE NOT ANY CONVICTION" that's all, never said I agreed with the OP definition of that scripture.

2017/12/27 12:42Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re:

Appolus said, "Politics is a poison to the soul."

Sounds like a factual conviction to me.

2017/12/27 12:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
dspks....You said, "Politics is a poison to the soul."

Sounds like a factual conviction to me.

Can you please point out where I said that? My name is Bill not Frank.

2017/12/27 12:44Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re:

sorry Mr. Bill... My whole post is in response to appolus...

2017/12/27 13:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think the idea that in large part kids are being brought up to be unthinking brats is true. However, they are brainwashed by their parents behavior in regard to politics more than their ideology which is more subtle and devious. This results in the inability to compromise or reasonably discourse on a topic. Way yonder too much labeling. They see the behavior of adults on social media (and the actual politicians on TV) and conclude that is the way political discussion should be.

2017/12/27 15:54Profile

Re:

This post has nothing to do with voting. Not sure why one would use caps other than to suggest that they are shouting. Not interested in shouting or arguing. If anyone does not like the post I have no problem with that. I understand well the context of the chapter and it is wonderful to know that God does not judge the child for the sins of their father, unless the child takes up the sins of his father which is what my post is about...............bro Frank

2017/12/27 17:10
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I think this thread has turned into Sour Grapes. :-)

2017/12/27 19:25Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Unless I missed it, Ezekiel 18 is really not going to carry the thought Frank connected to it ( his commentary)

I believe Frank's comments more closely fit this text.
Exodus 34:7

7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation...

This text more closely resembles the commentary made by Frank. His brushing over of political jabbing, angered rhetoric, polarization of families one against another portrays the results of ungodliness manifesting in constant animosity with one another. Each group deferring to worldly wisdom that James declares...
Jms 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

The fruit of peace that Frank spoke of is not the result of a party spirit making divisions in accordance with political judgments and not according to the word of God.

If I missed it ok ( not the first time) but I don't see Ezekiel's text portraying Franks commentary.

But the Exodus text gives room for it, because when the parents live according to their own worldly wisdom and elect officials in keeping with their worldly ideologies, their children by default are now subjected to the fruit of worldly wisdom, human autonomy and lifestyles founded upon the premises that they are to live in alienation from God and ignorant of his word.

We do reap what we sow and when we sow a humanistic ideology into our schools, politics, colleges, civil government in doing so we ( the voters) have elected the ungodly who according to their ungodliness will partner with other ungodly people and work their delegated power to glorify man and his wisdom. God's glory and wisdom is now set at variance with the populace and what ensues is a political power acting without reference to God's word and without the fear of God.

My parents wanted this, my friends wanted what they got the last 50 years and now gen Xers, millenials will vote in the ungodly who promise to give them access to unhindered-ungodliness without penalty of law.

If I were to quote

Ezk 9:4And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

2017/12/27 20:35Profile

Re:

I think your right Bill :) People like to tear into things as you probably know, sigh. I did not take my context from Ezekiel 18, I took it from the ancient proverb it spoke of. That will mean little to some, who never post but only ever comment on posts and usually in the negative...........bro Frank

2017/12/27 22:06
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Sorry Frank if you interpreted my response as negative. I agreed with what you said, I just shifted the base text from Ezk to Exodus. I was essentially just trying to connect the dots in my own head, It wasn't my intent to be an offense.

2017/12/27 22:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy